Capital One Employee Reviews about "great benefits"
74% would recommend to a friend
(2092 total reviews)
Richard D. Fairbank
85% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and they really care about the happiness of their employees as much as their customers." (in 1946 reviews)
- "Great Work life balance and they really cared about creating a positive experience for interns." (in 1356 reviews)
- "• Great people (the ones who aren't looking to simply climb the ladder)" (in 1046 reviews)
- "The culture is great and processes are set up to allow entrepreneurial thought at any level." (in 886 reviews)
- "Good pay (not great)" (in 780 reviews)
- "Poor management they do not promote people within the company that know the job inside and out." (in 526 reviews)
- "Some of my friends were not as lucky as I and were under some bad managers." (in 459 reviews)
- "Old old infrastructure and talent and performance management is bad" (in 302 reviews)
- "A LOT of ASMs have resigned recently and senior leadership's attitude is that everyone is easily replaceable." (in 165 reviews)
- "Frequent Layoff and Reorganization." (in 148 reviews)
Found 2,092 of over 16K reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 4.024 Sept 2022Funding SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPlano, TX
They are humans and treat you like so great benefits gives you the time you need off very family oriented
Very low pay that’s it
- 4.019 Nov 2010Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
There core accounts like savings and checking are simple easy for customers. Employee's salaries are standard, but have to push to get what you want.
The health benefits are not that great and the hours of work are way too long. They tried to be competative with TD Bank, but in my opinion it's not working.
- 1.022 Dec 2022User Experience Design ResearcherCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPlano, TX
The company rewards their employees and has lots of great benefits to take advantage of.
The leadership is a complete disaster. They have no solid business goals or roadmaps. Half the time any profit made seems to be by accident. They have a toxic leadership style in some areas where associates are bullied and degraded. There is no direction provided to associates and no defined roles. Everything seems to be fly by the seat of their pants. I have never seen such disorder and lack of empathy for associates at such a large well established company. There is massive turn over too, which make’s totally sense. Every leader I have talked to and it has been 10+ have been at Capital One less than 2 years.8
- 4.031 May 2021Universal BankerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBowie, MD
I liked working for capital one bank and it was a very good to work with great benefits.
I had a bad manager that pick on everyone in the branch, nothing would make her happy
- 1.07 Apr 2016Relationship BankerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBaton Rouge, LA
Very easy job. Have sales goals but they are generally easy to reach. 4 weeks vacation and great benefits.
What's the point of having so much vacation if you can't afford to go anywhere? Incentives have been cut every year in half or more each time. The 2016 incentive cut makes it working here not a viable option for work for anyone that needs 35- 40k or higher. Upper management pretends to care and sends shoutouts for the highest achievers via email, but little else. The future of capital one is to go digital which means employment cuts. Automated teller machines and one to two employee branches are what you have to look forward to. Encouraged to train customers to be self sufficient so we are no longer needed. Bank profits were 4.4billion last year while capital one cut incentives for bankers by 10k a year.3
- 2.027 Apr 2016Branch ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBergen, NJ
Four and half percent matching on the 401k plus extra 3% is great benefit. Also health insurance is great. Company vision can be good if it was real.
Favoritism, incompetency on the district manager level. Age discrimination. You only go forward if you play the politics so if you are good at being agreeable this is for you.
- 4.023 Aug 2016Part-time TellerFormer EmployeeGlen Cove, NY
My colleagues were fun and really friendly. The professional bank environment is nice and, although it gets boring at times, is a nice change of pace from fast-food. The benefits were great and the company seemed to care a bit about one's future.
Upper management at times left you scratching your head. Some superiors can be rude, unreasonable and apparent in their disregard for the satisfaction of the customers and progression of the bank. Unequal pay for the same job without regard to performance and improvement.
- 3.025 Sept 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChesapeake, VA
Great benefits and they start you off with 4 weeks vacation right after your first 90 days
Schedules are not the best
- 4.05 Oct 2014Senior Process CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearGlen Allen, VA
Great benefits and the people that work the hardest are the ones that get promoted.
So many different departments it is hard to decide which opportunity to go after next.
- 4.05 Jun 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great benefits and they really care about the happiness of their employees as much as their customers.
Not very flexible with shift changes but they do offer quite a bit of PTO and Holiday pay.