Castlight Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.8
Castlight Chief Executive Officer Maeve OMeara
Maeve OMeara
Pros
  • "Good work life balance and colleagues(in 29 reviews)

• "There are tons of great people at Castlight and that is my favorite thing about my job(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are some growing pains due to the recent merger and the fact that the product is still changing(in 22 reviews)

• "Work life balance is worst I have ever seen(in 15 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great people!"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight full-time

Pros

There are tons of great people at Castlight and that is my favorite thing about my job. The product is also dynamic so it keeps you on your toes

Cons

At times a bit too leadership heavy, a few more engineers in the weeds would be helpful.

"myopic middle leadership."

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Castlight full-time

Pros

Great people. smart, friendly and supportive

Cons

not particularly visionary or forward thinking - lots of unnecessary bureaucracy

Continue reading

3. "Great people, some disconnect for remote employees"

I worked at Castlight full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great people -Solid Pay -Good benefits -Pays for cell phone and internet -Unlimited PTO

Cons

-Some disconnect for remote employees, they are left out of lots of activities

"Big mistakes being made"

2.0

I have been working at Castlight full-time

Pros

Great people who care about improving health care

Cons

No idea how to execute, no interest in operational excellence

"Such a sad decline"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Castlight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great location near public transportation, nice building. Used to be some great people there, not sure who's left now. Good company vision and mission. A lot of people there really care about improving healthcare--they very much believe in the mission.

Cons

The company really started declining when it purchased Jiff Software and messed up the integration terribly with weak leadership trying to be too nice and be everyone's friend as opposed to building the strongest company. Current leadership is terrible. Vast favoritism. Absolute lack of courtesy for others. No respect for employees as human beings. CEO can not manage people and treats them very poorly. She surrounds herself with "yes" people and won't even engage with others, nor treat them with any sort of common courtesy.

Continue reading

"Great company which values - People, Product and Process"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great People, great culture. A lot of opportunities to contribute. HR Dept is awesome.

Cons

Growth pain, and to me cons are nothing but opportunities.

"Fun people, mediocre company"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Castlight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great mission, solid benefits

Cons

Complete and utter disorganization. No solid direction, room for mobility, or continuity between teams. When I joined Castlight I knew it was a startup environment, but I thought they would have developed some sense of process and organization

Castlight Response

March 26, 2019

Thank you for your review and positivity around our great people, mission, and benefits. We have a clear, published direction, and we review progress with employees every quarter in our all-hands and CFO blog. Last year, we achieved cash-flow positivity due to our operational excellence and sales revenues. Internal employee development and mobility are both key priorities. Last year, we had a very good number of internal moves and promotions, and employees had the opportunity to leverage our training/education platform for development opportunities. Any employee who is unaware of these offerings should take the time to explore them with his/her manager or HR, as they should not miss out on these career- and skills-building opportunities. Thank you.

"A great experience"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've had jobs where I dreaded coming to work every day, and it is a huge relief not have that experience at Castlight. I actually enjoy coming in to work every day because I work with great people that I like, and the workload is challenging, but rewarding and not overbearing. For some positions, this may not be the case, but work/life balance has been great on the customer experience/design side. The office is big, comfortable, and well-lit. There's no depressing fluorescent office lighting going on. The kitchen is constantly stocked with coffee, beverages, and a wide assortment of healthy snacks. I'm personally glad there isn't a bunch of junk to over-indulge on. There is plenty of couch and comfy chair seating and games to play in your free time like ping pong and foosball. People generally seem to be happy and dedicated to the company mission and product. I use the Castlight app on a day-to-day basis and can say that it is a very useful, innovative tool that I'm proud to work on. I don't think there is anything else remotely like Castlight in the health tech market.

Cons

Recent layoffs put a damper on company morale for sure. This restructuring may be for the best in the long-term but it took its toll across the company short-term. It seems like senior leadership has not held themselves as accountable for recent missteps as they should have, as I've only seen promotions among senior leaders while droves of employees have had their jobs eliminated. That being said, the long-term mission of the company seems to be on track and the next generation of the Castlight product has been built and released with favorable results.

"Going Through Changes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Castlight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Castlight hires great people. The majority are friendly, talented and team players. That can make a big difference when times are tough. Depending what team you are on, they are flexible with wfh days and if you are full time, the medical benefits are fantastic. Facilities staff work hard to make sure there are snacks and drinks on every floor. SF location is commuter friendly.

Cons

At times it is unsure of what direction the company is trying to go. Recent voluntary departures combined with layoffs has affected morale. Certain teams don't feel as visible as others. In terms of recommendation, it would really depend on what team you want to work for.

"Commissions/accounting"

5.0

I worked at Castlight full-time

Pros

Great team environment. Great people all the way up the management structure. People are genuine. No politics. I never dreaded going to work. Work is challenging and fun. Management is very approachable. Fantastic management.

Cons

Teams are lean. Work is plentiful especially with 606 and acquisition. I actually enjoyed this as you can gain skills and knowledge fast.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 English Reviews