Centro Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

4.1
Centro CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker
Pros
Cons
  • "The bonus structure changed almost yearly, never to the benefit of anyone who wasn't upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "Company is growing rapidly and as a result it seems some policies are enforced differently by department, creating a inconsistency(in 8 reviews)

"Believe in the Product Centro Sells"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Centro provides opportunity for personal growth, provides its internal teams with endless marketing and sales resources and has an amazing product (Basis). I left Centro for another opportunity and ended up coming back a year later.

Cons

The regional offices don't always get the perks of the larger hubs, but that's the case at most companies.

Advice to Management

Keep grooming employees to grow within the company!

Centro2019-10-10

"Great place for Career Growth - if you're up for the challenge!"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Echoing what has been said before of the overall amazing culture. Great chemistry across the teams that service our clients and a company that definitely values the people behind the levers. But something important to note is the overall career growth and skillset Centro arms its employees with. Given the varying clients, verticals, strategies and objectives, no day looks the same and no day comes without learning... something new. Centro is exceptional at keeping people on their toes and challenges from both a work and personal growth perspective to be a better version of yourself every day.

Cons

Each office does great work, communication across the regions could use some improvement.

Centro2019-09-23

"Great!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Great people and great leadership

Cons

Adtech is a very competitive landscape, it is hard to stand out.

Centro2019-10-11

"A very special place to learn, grow and thrive"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved working at Centro - best job I've ever had. Working with a mission-focused, value-focused company to make the industry better means a lot to me. I'll take those lessons, friendships and connections with me wherever I go and be a better person for it.

Cons

Lot of pressure now to get Basis adoption...it will happen, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Advice to Management

Keep scaling team growth with new-account growth...you're the best services company on the planet...those employees will also make SaaS partners very happy as long as they're not stretched too thin.

Centro2019-08-20

"Best place to work- hands down!"

Current Employee - Performance Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will never find a company culture like Centro. Everyone is so friendly and truly there to help. It is an extremely collaborative work environment with some of the smartest minds in the Ad Tech/ Digital Marketing industry. The CEO, Sean, is extremely hands on and receptive to his employees and their needs. Ego's are left at the door the second you walk into Centro and all ideas are listened to and treated... equally. At Centro there is no such thing as "my way or the highway" managers are open to new ways of doing things and listen to what other people have to say.

Cons

If I ever want to change career paths, it's going to be tough to find a better company that makes me excited to come to work everyday.

Centro2019-08-20

"A great place to work in Chicago"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have never worked for a company that is so supportive and encouraging. Everyone here, regardless of role or title, should feel like they have a voice within Centro and can make an impact and a difference, you can. Centro is a special place that will allow the opportunity to grow your in your career and personally.. They invest in their employees and genuinely care about personal and professional satisfaction.... There are lots of opportunities to move into different careers and gain new experiences, you just have to take advantage of them. I have grown more in my time at Centro than I have at any other company. To succeed and grow, you will need to work more than 9-5 some days or weeks but one at the company feels work is the most important part of life. The benefits are good and I like the Flexible Time Off policy. The Chicago office is always well stocked with snacks, drinks and various alcohol. The layout and decor is welcoming and wonderful, and the office is filled with amazing people building and using a technology that can change the industry. Things at Centro will only get better in the near future.

Cons

Sometimes Centro is too nice in an effort to keep the culture the way it is. We need to be better at recognizing certain employees aren't a great fit for their role, even if they're great people. It negatively impacts the rest of us to keep them around. There are also a lot of people at higher levels of the company who have "grown-up" with Centro, and don't see things from different perspectives. The pay isn't... great, but it's fine and there are a lot of other benefits. People can also be pretty cliquey and gossipy. It's intimidating and not always welcoming, but it's not usually harmful or mean. Overall, people are very nice and I have very few complaints about anything to do with the company.

Advice to Management

Bring in a few more outsiders, but don't stray from the culture and initiatives that you have put in place. This is a special place, and you all should be proud.

Centro2019-08-07

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working here! I think management fully believes in individual growth and if you work hard you are rewarded for it. The company has so many resources and internal collateral that helps you learn quickly and is wonderful to have at your fingertips. The benefits are unbeatable and are truly put in place to make you grow as a person too (free yoga, free gym money, amazing health insurance, etc!)

Cons

This company is very advanced and constantly growing, so you will have to work hard but that is the case in most advertising companies, so why not do it at a place with great people and great benefits.

Centro2019-08-05

"GREAT Benefits and Investment in Employees - Culture can be difficult"

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

leadership and management training, focus on employee growth and development

Cons

the culture is entirely cliquey the focus is on "having fun" and not getting work done, leaving managers unable to address management issues (any sort of addressing of issues is often seen as "punishment" or "dictatorial")

Advice to Management

the philosophy is amazing. but exec team and leadership need to be less worried about "being liked" by employees and remember that everyone is there to do a job, and expectations are high that it should be done well.

Centro2019-08-05

"Not much career growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People Snacks 4 percent RRSP matching General benefits Challenging work

Cons

Not too much room to grow. No clear expectation on how to move up.

Advice to Management

Institute guidelines to your managers on how to create a fair employee review process and to harshly punish managers who create unfair biases towards their employee/friends

Centro2019-07-23

"Love going into work!"

Current Employee - Digital Media Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centro's culture is unlike any other place I've worked. My co-workers are incredible, and I'm surrounded by high achievers who give 100% and challenge me to be a better professional and person. The benefits are outstanding, and our Chicago office is one of a kind. On-site yoga and meditation, fresh fruit, healthy snacks, and cold brew are just a few of the perks we enjoy! Plus flex time and unlimited PTO :)

Cons

No place is perfect, but I am so grateful to have found a company that really cares. No real cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

Centro2019-06-09