Christie's Reviews

Found 463 of over 700 reviews

3.8
Christie's CEO Guillaume Cerutti
Guillaume Cerutti
Pros
  • "Highly recommend for recent graduates interested in working in the art world(in 35 reviews)

• "Opportunity to learn a lot from senior specialists and department leaders(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Stringent performance expectations from management which means very long hours(in 34 reviews)

• "Low pay and HR does not seem to be very flexible when negotiating salary(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place

Oct 21, 2021 - Client Services Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team is great and very supportive, christie’s is an incredible place to work at.

Cons

It is not for everyone, some customers can be mean.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

An ok place to work

Oct 21, 2021 - Art Handler in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible with scheduling. Good benefits if you are a full time

Cons

Not a good environment to grow as a person

3. 5.0

Student worker

Oct 16, 2021 - Student Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and flexible schedule

Cons

Rude associates and customers at times

HR Apprentice

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five star review. We are really pleased to hear that you would recommend working here, approve of the CEO and have a positive outlook on the business. We are also pleased to hear that you feel you receive good pay and that you have a flexible schedule. We are disappointed to hear that you feel that some of your associates have been rude, we would highly encourage you to reach out to your line manager or human resources. (By associates we have assumed you are referring to colleagues / co-workers.)

4. 5.0

Excellent team

Oct 5, 2021 - Public Relations Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

PR was the Best team under the best leadership.

Cons

Sadly, the team and leadership is no longer with the company.

HR Apprentice

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are really pleased to hear that you would recommend working here, are supportive of the CEO and you have a positive business outlook. The shape of our PR and marketing team has changed as we have regionalised our team last year but we are hopeful this will bear fruit in 2022.

5. 5.0

Great place

Oct 4, 2021 - Operations in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of people to work with

Cons

Long hours and hard work

HR Apprentice

Thank you for taking to leave us a 5 star review. We are really pleased to hear that you would recommend working at Christie’s and that you worked alongside great colleagues. During sale season we do get very busy and we appreciate that colleagues may have an increased workload but we are glad that you found the work rewarding.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

working at Christie's

Oct 18, 2021 - Account Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

full of passionate and professional colleagues

Cons

low salaries across all depts

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Payment Coordinator

Oct 12, 2021 - Accounts Payable Coordinator in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a very fast past environment.

Cons

There is a lot of work.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Apprentice

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, but we acknowledge that workload volumes can be high, largely driven by the fact that Christie’s is a seasonal company. In our recent engagement survey we found that 71% of our staff wanted to be working in the office between 2 and a half and 5 days a week, with the vast majority of staff preferring to have an equal balance of working from home and in the office.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

No day is ever the same as the last

Sep 22, 2021 - Head Doorman
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Dedicated to helping you in your career. * Friendly environment where hard work is appreciated and rewarded. * Loyal employer * Experience historic art auctions and be part of something really great and fulfilling.

Cons

* Long hours at times but management makes sure you are taken care of.

HR Apprentice

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Christie’s so much and that you felt supported in your career from management. Some of our most historic art events do take place in the evening and we appreciate the long hours you put in to support these; they truly could not happen without the dedication of our staff. Thank you for your advice to management, we will pass this along.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee

For experience not for living

Oct 3, 2021 - Client Relationship Officer in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

great exposure, great network, great learning

Cons

no WLB, no mentor, low salary

1 person found this review helpful

HR Apprentice

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to be exposed to a great network and that you had the opportunity to learn. We recognise that the work life balance can be particularly challenging for anyone working in a global company. This has been exacerbated during COVID and in light of this we are in the process of implementing new global working practice guidelines to combat this.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Sep 19, 2021 - Client Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful colleagues to work with & good benefits

Cons

Relatively low salary and compensation

HR Apprentice

We appreciate the time you have taken to leave us a review. Christie’s aims to provide a competitive total compensation picture, when combining salary with our comprehensive benefits. We are really pleased to hear that you worked alongside wonderful colleagues.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 463 Reviews