Found 607 of over 965 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "great people and connections" (in 96 reviews)
- "Passionate colleagues who are at top of field" (in 49 reviews)
- "Benefits is good and the people" (in 44 reviews)
- "Many opportunities to challenge yourself by exploring various parts of the business" (in 20 reviews)
- "The team is great and very supportive, christie’s is an incredible place to work at." (in 19 reviews)
- "low pay at junior level but when you get up the com is fair and much more rewarding" (in 61 reviews)
- "Salary is low and pay grades are not transparent" (in 54 reviews)
- "Long hours and not fixed hours" (in 27 reviews)
- "poor management too many entitled people" (in 25 reviews)
- "When I started working there, I was fine with the long hours and low pay." (in 13 reviews)
- 1.05 Sept 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Global access and platform to international markets
Nepotism is real, eyes wide open that children of clients can leapfrog you without experience or expertise.3Christie's Response2y
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We strive to create a meritocratic culture, where people are recognised for their skills and ability and not for their connections. It is Christie’s policy to develop and promote our internal talent and we have a strong track record of promoting from within.
- 4.07 Nov 2023Sale CoordinatorCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Get to work with passionate people and amazing works of art
Salary, temp contracts and financially ledChristie's Response3w
We are proud to work in a passionate field full of expertise. Our company constantly reviews the compensation package in order to stay competitive within the market. Thank you for your four star review.
- 5.06 Nov 2023Lead PhotographerFormer Employee
Creativity, Artwork, People, Location, Professionls
Location, High Security, No parkingChristie's Response3w
Thank you for your five star review.
- 5.030 Oct 2023DirectorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Passionate and interesting colleagues that are full of knowledge and love to share it.
A 24/7 job, with occasional very long days.Christie's Response4w
Thank you for your review. We are lucky to be surrounded by experts in our field and those who are passionate about the art world. We understand there can be busy periods due to the nature of our fast paced sector, this tends to be cyclical and all departments will have quieter periods. We appreciate your feedback.
- 3.031 Oct 2023AnalystFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
Access to art, specialists in the field
Poor pay and limited progressionChristie's Response4w
Thank you for your review. We are glad you appreciate our expertise and access to the incredible art around us. We have multiple opportunities available in order to boost career progression including free masterclasses and training with our Learning and Development team and weekly vacancy reports to alert colleagues of potential job opportunities. We continuously evaluate the total compensation and benefits our staff are offered to ensure we remain competitive within the industry.
- 5.012 Oct 2023Business ApprenticeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
The people are really friendly and welcoming but also you get to experience lots of social events and opportunities.
I have not yet experienced any consChristie's Response2mo
Thank you for your five star review, we are delighted that you find our company a friendly and welcoming space. Best of luck with the rest of your apprenticeship!
Christie's Reviews FAQs
Christie's has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 965 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Christie's to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
77% of Christie's employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Christie's 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.