Close Brothers Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2022

Found 258 of over 274 reviews

4.0
Close Brothers Chief Executive  Adrian Sainsbury (no image)
Adrian Sainsbury
Pros
  • "Work life balance is good in this(in 28 reviews)

• "Big company with a very good benefits package(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Favouritism with senior management(in 17 reviews)

• "Working hours flexibility, Career progression,(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Jun 19, 2022 - Transaction Monitoring Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunities to progress within role

Cons

Seethe salary isn’t that good

Close Brothers Response

Thank you for your 5* review! We're glad that you recognise the progression opportunities within the business. Regarding your comment about salary, we go to extreme lengths to ensure a fair pay structure across the Group, and regularly engage third-party benchmarking specialists to ensure we remain up to date with market trends.

2. 5.0

Great working atmosphere and great people to work with

Jun 15, 2022 - IT Helpdesk Analyst in Wimblington, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working atmosphere and great people to work with

Cons

Not that I can think of

Close Brothers Response

Thank you for your positive review!

3. 4.0

Great culture

May 26, 2022 - Business Operations Associate in Wimbledon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and good atmosphere Excellent training Great people Good benefits

Cons

Limited potential for growth in career

Close Brothers Response

Thank you for your feedback, our leadership team will be pleased to know that their efforts are appreciated by our colleagues. We are sorry that we haven't been able to meet your progression aspirations at this point in your career with us. We put a lot of emphasis on employee development and progression, but like every company, unfortunately cannot always meet the progression expectations of every colleague. Please do discuss this with your line manager so we can understand your feedback in more detail.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

May 18, 2022 - Executive Assistant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and well-being. Fair pay, fairly good bonuses. Good HR support when required.

Cons

Would be good to explore other options within the business for career progression.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, supportive environment, progress people from within

Cons

Not many. Great place to work

Close Brothers Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, so it's great to hear that you have experienced the outcomes of these efforts.

6. 4.0

New role

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture. Everyone is friendly and approachable - Townhalls. Great way of getting to meet other people that for the company but outside of your team - Breakfast mornings. Never had this in previous jobs, I think it's a great way to get you motivated on a Monday morning - Lots of training on offer

Cons

I don't have any cons to report

Close Brothers Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you are having a good experience

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Was Ok

May 25, 2022 - Project Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really nice people to work with

Cons

Challenging progression route. Slow to adapt

Close Brothers Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you had a good experience. We will ensure that your comments are passed to the leadership team.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company to work for

May 10, 2022 - Learning & Development in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thoroughly enjoyed my time here so far. Seamless onboarding and interview process. Amazing culture - clearly something the company prides itself on and puts a lot of effort into getting right. Everyone in the business is working towards a common goal - there is great team spirit and collaboration. Managers trust you to get the job done and give you autonomy. Great approach to hybrid working. Lovely offices. Looking forward to my future here.

Cons

Genuinely none that have been noticed yet.

Close Brothers Response

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will ensure this is passed to the leadership team.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great work place

May 5, 2022 - Data Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Empowering and proactive approach environment

Cons

Fast paced changes with lack of training

Continue reading

Close Brothers Response

Thank you for providing your feedback and we are pleased to hear that you enjoy the environment that you work in. We have a broad suite of formal training courses and annual development programmes available to colleagues. We actively encourage all colleagues to engage with learning and development activities, so we are sorry to hear that this has failed to meet your expectations.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good starter Career Company

May 4, 2022 - Finance Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great internal promotions Training opportunities Lots of events, networking etc

Cons

Operations salary is low Hiring practises are not unbiased

HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing your feedback. Growing and retaining talent is a key focus for all areas of Close Brothers, so we are pleased to hear you have benfitted from this ongoing investment in learning

Viewing 1 - 10 of 258 Reviews

Close Brothers Reviews FAQs

Close Brothers has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 274 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Close Brothers to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Close Brothers employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Close Brothers. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

79% of Close Brothers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Close Brothers 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Close Brothers Job Seekers