Coda Payments Reviews

Updated Sep 20, 2022

Found 37 of over 42 reviews

4.5
Coda Payments CEO Philippe Limes (no image)
Philippe Limes
  1. 5.0

Positive experience so far

Sep 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great, flexible working arrangements, autonomy in work

Cons

The more you know the more you do, no proper structure for most processes. Leadership team is in it's own world and have no idea what's happening on the ground

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Finance

Sep 5, 2022 - Finance in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company benefits are great and the team really helpful.

Cons

They are not continuing probation period after 3 months. Not because not perform but they have their assessment. Not really coaching during the probation period but they push you swim under the sea without coaching. Goodluk

3. 4.0

Cool Place to Learn

Sep 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and energetic energy throughout the company

Cons

Fast-pace environment = biz strategies are not concise and can get you confused at times re:company's direction.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to work - achieves what most companies never get close too

Aug 3, 2022 - Executive Leadership in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, friendly, people first and down-to-earth culture. Seeking to the best they can and the best by their people always

Cons

Its just been growing fast so dealing with that

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

* One of the few companies in Singapore with a good work/life balance * Good salary/ bonus scheme/ insurance and other benefits * Training and personal development programs * Friendly colleagues * Fast-paced * Super approachable senior management * As software engineers, you get hands-on experience in designing cloud-based systems that cater to a large volume of traffic

Cons

* Some of the technology stacks and processes can be improved

1 person found this review helpful

VP People

Hello! Thank you so much for your positive review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time at Coda. The tech-related points you mentioned will be improved in the coming quarters. And we fully agree that our awesome company culture should be preserved as we expand. All the best in your future endeavors!

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Old-school tech with small-company mentality

Apr 24, 2022 - Software Engineer in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty decent salary Mostly nice people to interact with. A good degree of freedom and trust so far. Seen some improvements with Engineering with new CTO at helm.

Cons

For a company at this scale, the tech and processes still feels suitable for a smaller company. Quite a bit of engineers still uses old and outdated way of building things, sometimes even questionable ways. Need quite a lot of catching up with modern processes and practices. Don't be fooled, this isn't a tech-first company, but a sales & bd-first company.

11 people found this review helpful

Coda Payments Response

Thank you for your candid feedback! Below is a response from our CTO who wanted to personally respond: First, thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm glad you are seeing some improvements in the past 3 months I've been on board, and I promise that we'll strive to continue those improvements and speed up the pace. Your feedback around outdated ways of doing things is fair: Coda has been so successful so quickly that technology hasn't always been able to keep up. In order to catch up and become a "tech first" company, we've been doing a lot of hiring in both engineering and management. By growing our team, we're adding the crucial bandwidth that's necessary to truly be a world class software team. Please reach out to me any time with feedback about specific things you want to change in your area. Your feedback is crucial so we can continuously improve. Sincerely, Mike CTO, Coda Payments

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Empowering to work in the company

Apr 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are lots of gaps in the company so it means lots of opportunities to offer and projects to do.

Cons

Lack of manpower and too tiring to do all things at once.

2 people found this review helpful

Head of People Operations

We appreciate your candid feedback. Sorry to hear that you and your colleagues are feeling overworked. The leadership team is open to hearing feedback from all employees, regardless of their title or job scope. We encourage you to speak with your line manager or People Business Partner so that they can work with you to find a solution.

8. 5.0

Good culture

Mar 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace, supportive colleagues, great culture.

Cons

Fast growing company, many stuffs to improve on.

Coda Payments Response

Thanks for your positive feedback! We are glad you enjoy working at Coda. Feel free to reach out to the People and Talent team if you'll like to share further feedback or suggestions on the areas for improvement!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic team and company all around

Feb 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is supportive - Stimulating environment for growth - Clear direction

Cons

- Need a bigger office

Coda Payments Response

Thanks for your positive feedback! We are glad you enjoy working at Coda and have noted your areas for improvement. Feel free to reach out to the People and Talent team if you'll like to share further feedback or suggestions.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company which has great culture!

Nov 8, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Bedok New Town,
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very friendly and supportive in Coda Company has healthy culture

Cons

rapidly growing company so hectic

People & Talent Team

Thanks for your positive feedback, we are glad you enjoy our culture and working environment at Coda! Feel free to reach out to the People & Talent team if you'll like to share further feedback or suggestions.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews

Coda Payments Reviews FAQs

Coda Payments has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 42 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Coda Payments to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Coda Payments employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Coda Payments. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

90% of Coda Payments employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Coda Payments 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Coda Payments Job Seekers