Creative Circle Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

Creative Circle Reviews

Updated 20 Jan 2020

3.4
Creative Circle CEO Creative Circle (no image)
Creative Circle
Pros
  • "Ended up with a good full-time position (which is what I was hoping for) pretty quickly(in 22 reviews)

• "Quality screening of potential gigs(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "I was met with rudeness each time I explained to the recruiter or coordinator that I work full time and can't always pick up my phone(in 36 reviews)

• "No cons or flags from my experience(in 15 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Creative Circle part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy to get work, great experience builder, cool clients

Cons

Percentage of pay goes to agency, agents can be inconsistent with sharing your resume

Creative Circle2020-01-15
  2. "Good place to make money"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked for Creative Circle over 5 years, and if you work hard, you can make a lot of money and build a really large network. I'm really proud of the client relationships I've formed, and you get to work with some of largest and most exciting clients, and we are finding people jobs, so that is rewarding as well.

Cons

There isn't a lot of career development or progression. Most of the higher level jobs are not posted and people are just promoted internally. There are a lot of politics and constant change, so it can create a culture of fear and unrest. Also, being a public company there is a lot of pressure from upper management to hit our numbers.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees and implement change on a company-wide level. Benefits could be better (healthcare plan, maternity leave benefits and WFH policy). There needs to be more accountability and action on toxic behavior. There are is a lot of entitlement and toxic behavior and no one gets fired as long as they are high billers. The company should be focused on creating a positive work culture and not just on profits.

Creative Circle2020-01-20
  3. "Highly Recommend CC to Anyone!"

Current Employee - Designer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Creative Circle part-time for less than a year

Pros

The entire Creative Circle team has exceeded my expectations! Julia, Kim, and Emily have contacted me with several opportunities and have been very gracious with their time. They are full of support, resources, and encouragement when it comes to placing you with the right fit. I would highly recommend CC to anyone looking to explore different creative fields and shop around for the perfect fit. It’s allowed me to explore different careers without having to be fully committed. Thank you, CC team!

Cons

It can take a few weeks to get hours from a company once a company has chosen to work with you.

Creative Circle2019-12-10
  4. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company with plenty of opportunities to grow and network internally.

Cons

The office politics contribute a considerable amount of stress and tension to the day to day work environment.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees’ concerns and make a real effort to take action and resolve issues. Also, provide a report on the actions that were taken and what solutions were found.

Creative Circle2019-12-11

"Grossly incompetent payroll staff, and even more gross lack of benefits for talent"

Current Employee - Talent in New York, NY

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only good thing that I can say about working for this company is how quickly I found a roll- but based on what I've heard from others this is a unique situation.

Cons

I was recently informed that due to negligence on the part of the payroll team, I've been being under taxed for months and now will owe more than I can afford in taxes come the new year. Though I was thorough and filled out all the necessary forms for working in one state but living in another, the team made a mistake and choose to inform me via email, after work hours, and did not even have the decency to apologize for this error. I am absolutely astounded at the fact that this company remains in business despite mistakes like these- AS WELL as the fact that they provide little to no benefits for their talent and make it extremely difficult to attain a permanent position with the company that hires you through them. I choose to accept this position because I was lucky enough to not need the health benefits and I'm a recent college grad with not much experience. I thought that this would be a good way to build up my portfolio and step into the business world but this company seems to cost more than it's worth.

Creative Circle2019-12-26
  6. "designer"

I have been working at Creative Circle part-time for less than a year

Pros

good company, oppurtunities, work balance.good timings

Cons

long work,busy schedule,poor canteen,rotational shifts

Creative Circle2019-09-28
  7. "Make your own path"

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great training/ continuing education. You are constantly learning and growing individually and as a team/office! - Opportunity to make a difference, it's extremely rewarding and that is what motivates me - Competitive environment but not cut throat. Creative Circle does a good job to create an environment that promotes teamwork and building eachother other up!

Cons

- Long hours, I defintely feel invested in my job and with that comes long days - At the end of the day it's a sales job/sales organization but there's plenty of opportunity to make significant money

Creative Circle2019-08-25

"Full-time internal employee"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Creative Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, computer and desk phone provided. Travel team that arranges travel for you. Medical, dental, and vision coverage when you start. Open workspace and casual work environment. Paid holidays and performance rewards.

Cons

I had to front my own money for much of my travel expenses such as bag fees, transportation to and from the airport, airport parking, and more for the first three weeks. They changed my travel dates without notice and required me to pack my things and get on a flight with only a couple hours notice. While traveling for my "informal training" I was required to complete tasks which required using a phone in which mine was broken; so were the first, second, and third pair of headphones they tried to give me. The software used to complete training tasks did not work on the computer I was told to use while shadowing and no one in the office assisted to fix the issue. I was sent to a different state to "shadow" a different office and not given the name or contact information to anyone in the office, wasn't given a time to arrive. The training girl called my manager to tell them I was late. Very disorganized and unprofessional; total lack of communication between the training office and the manager. For informal training you are to observe existing account executives and recruiters but there is no incentive for them to teach/explain what they are doing. As a result, most of them did not want their call volume to suffer because of slowing down to answer questions about processes. They only give you $50 per day total for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. When traveling in cities like D.C. or San Francisco, that was very challenging to afford before receiving a single paycheck. (Again, you do not get a corporate credit card for travel expenses) You are expected to pay for coffee/lunches with clients weekly out of your own pocket and be reimbursed weeks later. You don't begin to make commission for nearly 6 months after starting. The entire training program they sell themselves on is very unstructured for the first 2-3 weeks in which you are given a binder to work out of and told to ask people for help in working on it. No one is actually responsible for taking you through the training excercises. I was told managers give you leads on companies to call and set appointments with; however, you're actually expected to cold call these people until they threaten you to stop calling. My manager had never actually managed anyone before and didn't have much time for me. He was a great guy but more of an independent worker responsible for the fate of my career.

Advice to Management

Set your employees up for success when it comes to informal training. Broken phones, broken headphones, and software issues shouldn't be put on the employee's performance. Expecting a new hire has hundreds of dollars in their bank accounts to front for the first three weeks is unprofessional. Being told that it takes a minimum of 2 years to have a grasp on the role of an account executive yet being "trained" and graded by an account executive that didn't last more than 1.5 years in the role is completely inappropriate. There was no standard of dress code set, what was completely appropriate to wear in one office was considered a punishable offense in another office. You can't expect employees to meet standards when the proper expectations are not set to begin with and uniform throughout the company and communicated. I would continue offering advice; however, it is clear this company looks to hire individuals they can use as workhorses. That isn't going to change.

Creative Circle2019-09-11

"A company that truly cares..."

Current Employee - Lead Account Executive

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great perks, amazing benefits, caring leadership. Great compensation!

Cons

Structured days and inflexible schedule

Advice to Management

Give your teams more freedom, they will surprise you with how much they can do when they are given that kind of trust.

Creative Circle2019-08-02
  10. "Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Creative Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, transparent, fast-paced & no ceiling on earning potential. Love that everyone is genuinely interested in the goals of our candidates and clients.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Creative Circle2019-07-25