Cvent Employee Reviews about "cvent"

Updated Dec 5, 2021

Found 268 of over 1,821 reviews

3.8
Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal
Reggie Aggarwal
1,166 Ratings
Pros
  • "It was really great working at Cvent for my first year out of college as a part of the UX team(in 184 reviews)

• "Great work environment, never bored(in 99 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This was resolved towards the end of my time at Cvent because they hired a really awesome researcher for our team(in 145 reviews)

• "less than ideal work life balance(in 143 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "cvent"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company is awesome! Some managers suck

Dec 5, 2021 - Project Lead in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency, employee engagement Opportunity to grow

Cons

Since a lot of leaders are quite tenured in Cvent, they don’t give much importance to opinions which don’t match theirs

2. 2.0

Low Pay, Worst HR, Inexperienced Management

Dec 2, 2021 - Scrum Master
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun culture and the people you work with are easy to get along with.

Cons

- Lowest pay out there. Cvent is adept at hiring young professionals and signing them on with salaries that are never remotely close to the industry standard. Raises internally are a joke even if you are highly rated in your performance reviews. - HR is demeaning and will talk down to you when you try to negotiate pay. They won't look into metrics you share of what other companies are paying and will diminish your value even though they say they're not trying to discount your worth. I cannot emphasize this enough- in no way will you ever be paid your worth at Cvent. - Management is not equipped to manage. A big part of Cvent is that people are solely promoted to management based on their tenure there and are not properly trained or coached to actually manage people effectively. - Onboarding and training is almost nonexistent here. Very few teams have an appropriately structured onboarding program that sets employees up for success. Managers will openly acknowledge this sink or swim expectation as just part of the company culture. It's amazing that the high turnover hasn't pushed them to invest real time into training.

11 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You get to learn a lot about troubleshooting.

Nov 6, 2021 - Applications Support Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Culture is good,Good Pay Scale

Cons

No cons for working in cvent

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not Ready for Change

Oct 12, 2021 - Senior Learning and Development Specialist in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best onboarding programs I’ve ever experienced. People are very amicable if you fit in their clique.

Cons

The organization is not ready for cultural change. The demand is there, but leadership is very territorial over preserving Cvent in its founding state. The culture is very direct and they expect people to go go go, with no room for error, but when projects are finalized and waiting for approval, it’ll take weeks to get it or straight up ignored. Benefits aren’t that great, there is no work life balance unless you structure it yourself. The environment was not for me, but if you’re motivated by no standardization and lots of pointless companywide meetings, this may be the place for you.

9 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company if you want to learn

Oct 5, 2021 - Project Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cvent is the best company to start your journey in the professional world. You will learn a lot of new things and add more skills to your resume, such as powerpoint, excel, salesforce, jira, adobe

Cons

It's a high demanding job if you do not have a sense of accountability and need a person to guide you every time, this company is not for you. Also, pay is not so good.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Company culture with little benefits

Oct 19, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and the leadership team are a great benefit to working at Cvent.

Cons

Benefits and minimum for European employees and salary not always aligned with marketplace

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Some Great but Some things Need to Change

Oct 9, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in McLean, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture on the sales team is strong. It's a hustle and grind mentality, but if you have a growth mindset and enjoy fast paced, dynamic nature it can be fun. Excellent resources . Marketing team is unreal and truly makes selling here easier. The Solutions Consulting team is mind-blowingly good and a great partner to the sales team. Same with overlays - top notch support. Leadership team (again, in sales) is extremely involved in the business and there are some born leaders who will help you hone your skills and close business. Definitely an open door policy and you can get feedback and coaching without having to chase. They are good about recognizing their best performers. Quotas are reasonable and can be exceeded if you have decent territory The product has gotten a lot better than it used to be. Lots of solutions and services to sell which can also mean enough diversity in the work to keep it interesting

Cons

Its difficult to reconcile the good with the bad. Comp plans aren't up to fair market standards unless you're a legacy rep. In general, Cvent tries to do everything on the cheap and it's driving operations to a place where it feels very unsustainable long term. Lost a lot of really talented people in the past year. Get ready to firefight - unless you ignore it, you'll constantly have customers back-channel to you when/if they're not getting the support or guidance they need from Client Services, or are having product challenges. You'll need to step in to help. 70% of Account Managers aren't really good for much more than order taking. They all have way too many accounts. Working cross-functionally with some teams can be hugely painful (finance). commission statements are rarely accurate, require deep auditing. High level of complexity in terms of sales process. Lots of forms, SFDC fields and low value tasks like dedupping. Very manual processes.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Entry-Level Training, Below-Market Salary

Sep 8, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cvent does a fantastic job with it's training program that helps SDRs jump into seat quickly and effectively. It provides a great foundation for Sales overall and can be leveraged within your Cvent career and beyond. The organization also does a great job providing internal career opportunities whether you want to stay in your field or move to something new.

Cons

The organization is very process-heavy, which for some is helpful, for others feels laden with extra steps to get things done. After moving on to another organization I realize just how involved the CEO was in every facet of the organization at every level which can also have a slowing effect on action. But the single largest Con is that the pay for SaaS Sales was definitely below market at the time I was there.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great Place to work

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work is fast-paced and rewarding. Cvent always tries to use the cutting-edge technology available on the market, allowing you to learn new technology without needing self-study to keep up with the latest technology.

Cons

Sometimes being in a fast-paced environment does throw off your work-life balance.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to start if you don't have better options

Jul 29, 2021 - Account Management Associate in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cvent has a good culture and they provided me with a good sales experience that helped me land my following job. I also was provided good laptop, two monitors, keyboard, and a mouse while working remotely. They paid me 17 an hour as an entry level salesperson with commissions coming out to a few hundred extra every quarter. It did allow me to travel while still not paying rent.

Cons

I had to pay almost 2k when leaving the company after 6 months. When signing my contract I had to agree to a "train loan". It was pretty awful that they make people sign this to work for them. If you leave before 18 months you have to pay 4k. After six months at the company I was responsible for bringing in 185k to the company and they still had me pay them back. After taking my last paycheck and PTO into consideration, I had to pay almost 2k out of pocket. Really don't understand why they would make someone do that especially after they recupertatted their training investment in me.

7 people found this review helpful