Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

Updated 8 Sep 2019

3.2
Dr Pepper Snapple Group CEO Larry D. Young
Larry D. Young
Pros
  • "pays ok, good benefits, great people(in 42 reviews)

• "Good pay, employee outings, vacation time(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have to able to work very long hours and in pretty hot temperatures being that its a warehouse setting(in 35 reviews)

• "Work life balance depends on seasons of year(in 25 reviews)

1. "You gotta be tough! If you are, this jobs for you!"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Look, it's hard work. But when that check comes rolling in your bank account, it's worth it. Keep in mind, merchandising is a tough job to begin with. If you can handle hard work and want to get in shape, I would recommend this job. Great staff. Great benefits. Great pay. Come on tough guys and gals, we need you.

Cons

Labor intensive. You will be tired the first few months. And that includes looking the part as well. Others on the outside will not realize the hard work we truly do. This goes for all soda/beverage company merchandisers.

Advice to Management

Suggestion for management and higher-ups: start your merchandisers with 5 days a week and two days off in a row so that we can properly adjust to this position. Otherwise, you'll lose people fast. Give them a few months of 5 days on and two days off (in a row). Then, after they have been acclimated, let them have the 6 days as they will be adjusted to the ebb & flow and wont be absolutely exhausted, unable to... retain their job duties and thorough accountability making them want quit on site. Also, hire at least 5+ more people for each area. This will help current merchandisers do a more thorough job and attention to detail for each store. After all, we want our stores to see that we are a professional and get the job done with a bow on top within a timely manner. When you overwork us, we will be too tired to care after a certain point. That is honestly my only complaint/con I have. Other than that, I really do love this job and the company behind it.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-09-01

"What a joke at the saint louis location.."

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly environment. I met some really great people..

Cons

Where to even begin..when i started i was told i get a week of vacation to start with and every 6 months i get a raise. Cant beat hearing good news like that right? Guess again... 1 year later still no raise and they lied about the vacation time. I only got 4 days not a full week.. Its amazing they couldn't find the time to give me a raise when we only had two machine operators. We barely kept up when we had 3..you... guys couldn't even find more people to hire in with experience for months! With that being said you would think they would of remembered to take care of the ones they still had.. But no.. Made time to write me up for something that wasnt my fault over lack of Radio communication with the lab.. The lab was 10 steps away like seriously why was we using radios? The machinery would constantly act up and the computers would freeze up all the time. What a nightmare it was working there.. Glad i am in a better paying job x2

Advice to Management

Pull your head out of where the sun dont shine and appreciate your employees! Especially when you are short handed. Make dr pepper what it use to be.. A great company..not the joke it is now.. I am happy i left the way i did with no notice at all.. Maybe it woke you guys up and the last machine operator you had left was taking care of.. If he didn't leave after i did due to the overwhelming work load that is.. My... only advice in reality is keep your promises..if you say your employees will get a raise every 6 months then do it! Everyone can see how your words begin to fall on deaf ears and they begin to not believe anything you say because you lied too much. Goodluck..

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-09-09
  3. "ok place to work"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

its an ok place to work

Cons

expect long hard labor work days

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-08-13
  4. "I've worked at Dr.Pepper for 1yr."

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team members work together

Cons

Hour lunch no promotion nice

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-07-26
  5. "Truck driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

Early start off early some times

Cons

A lot of physical labor

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-07-17
  6. "Stable industry and growth"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

Good opportunity to develop sales skills, and learn the fundamentals of the industry.

Cons

Long hours and working six days a week.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-06-23

"Good systems and processes"

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

World class systems and processes

Cons

Intense work environment. High pressure

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-06-14
  8. "Okay job but could be much better"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in West Sacramento, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Okay start pay. Union. Uniforms Morning shifts, so off usually by 3pm

Cons

No overtime which is ridiculous as some stores are a mess and loads come in suck a lot of your time. 30 minute lunch Use your own vehicle Account managers writing ridiculous orders(orders too much stuff) Very physically demanding Some days you get crazy routes and loads with no overtime allowed usually High turnover for this position

Advice to Management

Allow overtime and have realistic routes that can be done in 8 hours if you don't want OT. Also lots of account managers are ordering way too much thus leaving us merchandisers with messy, overloaded backrooms/pallets. Some account managers do orders right with minimal overstock, which makes it easy on everyone. Also every competitor allows OT except this company, which is odd

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-06-23
  9. "Not so bad"

Former Employee - Loader

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

Benefits, pay, growth, Security, and easy

Cons

Management, hours, small, low raises and not enough new Equipment

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-06-21
  10. "Great Job"

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

pay and hours everything was good

Cons

none what so ever it was a great company to work for

Dr Pepper Snapple Group2019-05-11