Dun & Bradstreet Employee Reviews about "d b"

Updated Jul 6, 2020

Found 113 of over 1,459 reviews

3.5
Dun & Bradstreet CEO Anthony Jabbour
Anthony Jabbour
Pros
  • "Environment and work life balance(in 125 reviews)

• "Overall, a flexible work environment(in 62 reviews)

• Cons
  • "D&B will likely be sold again in a few years after the new investors are done gutting it(in 67 reviews)

• "Constant changes in senior management since going private(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "d b"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Inefficient boomer company, the Singapore branch is a SME, not a MNC like the US parent company

May 15, 2020 - BDM
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you’re smart, you can get things done quickly, the workload there isn’t high and most people there are nice

Cons

Really old fashioned thinking, inefficient, banking on D&B global name for business more than quality. Most people working there has been there for many many years, first job all the way probably trying to retire there as well so there’s a sense of complacency and no room for progression since nobody on top ever leaves. There’s maybe like 60-70 staff? And less than 10 are under 30, in that sense it’s quite drama-free since most are family people but the sales people are constantly leaving because they treat their sales staff terribly, the bonus is a joke for sales people, monthly basic is low compared to industry. Commission rate is acceptable but they change the scheme all the time, you literally have to fight for your commission. And check your commission sheet every month because they screw up all the time, unknowingly or knowingly who knows? They are very stingy, CNY you get $10-20 despite being a 90% chinese firm. The technology at the firm is a joke despite being a data company, most things are manual. Some incidents that really pissed me off: - inform Sales staff 1 week before CNY that commission cannot be issued that month due to finance team being overwhelmed -CEO thinks it’s okay for your superior to ask you to WFH while you’re on MC - when conflict arises, they do not mediate, they simply take the side of the higher position staff (management protect management) -superiors accessing your emails without letting you know, super micromanage, like to do small actions to keep you on your toes - commission is only paid to you when your clients pay them, but they always say never receive payment even though your client already paid up, they will ask for all sorts of proof one after another, Finance team can’t seem to verify anything at all Really, one heck of an experience. Tbh, the day to day working is fine but the management really has a ton of issues, not what I expected from a company that has been around for so many years.

8 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company, quickly becoming great under the new owners

May 7, 2020 - Vice President in Short Hills, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

New private equity owners have really turned D&B around. They have brought in a lot of structure and order into the political chaos that D&B used to be. They have significantly reduced red tape and politics and empowered employees to voice their opinions and drive execution. The company now is genuinely 100% focused on the customer, and the numbers are starting to show this commitment. 2019 was a great year for the company, which was well reflected in the comp. Also, we are extremely lucky to have this management team in light of the pandemic..No layoffs, no nonsense -- just calm, steady and pragmatic leadership. Great commitment to keeping the employees safe and protected. Finally, our Do Good efforts to help the world recover from the crisis are inspiring.

Cons

When it makes sense financially, please consider improving our healthcare insurance coverage. Also -- and this is very minor thing -- the 401K program is managed poorly: great match, but very poor fund selection (expensive funds that as a whole don't make any sense).

9 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee

Has gone downhill since new management took over

Jul 6, 2020 - Service Delivery Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

It used to be a great place to work but things have changed so much in terms of the culture and how employees are treated.

Cons

D&B used to be a nice company to work for but in recent years they are no longer a good company to work for, with ruthless and difficult management putting a lot of stress on employees. I would think twice before joining because this is no longer a great place to work unfortunately.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Amazing Coworkers, Poor Management & Leadership, Terrible Benefits

Jan 28, 2020 - Human Resources Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of room for professional growth, potential for working from and even relocating to one of D&B's many other offices (D&B has offices in many different states and even a few international locations), great coworkers.

Cons

The management, the leadership styles, the compensation structure, the general office benefits, the company culture. Everything is siloed, divided, and moves at a snail's pace. Decision making is inefficient. Most departments do not have a succession plan.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Privatization is doing D&B well

Jan 22, 2020 - Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management working hard to understand the company and build a high performance culture. Recognizing good work, promoting from within.

Cons

Job security has always been an concern for employees at D&B. This continues.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

No loyalty

Nov 8, 2019 - Sales in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Really great brand -Opportunities to make some good money -The opportunity to learn so much about data and understand real business problems organizations face with data stewardship

Cons

-Leadership at the top needs to go, been there way too long and are part of the many reasons D&B is so behind the times, including internal processes. -With new investors taking over, Leadership is scared and only looking out for themselves. No loyalty whatsoever, unless you're in the good ole' boys club -Too many sales people that have been with the company for 20+ years are stuck in their ways on how to sell, they think it is all about relationship and not making attempts to help solve real business problems

14 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0

Yikes

Nov 6, 2019 - Account Manager in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

D&B has a solid global brand recognition...

Cons

Very political. Stressed out middle management. Endless waves of firings. Dubious sales compensation structure. Processes are an absolute mess. Contracts and logs in multiple CRMs.

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Used to be great, prior to being acquired. Now, I would avoid at all costs

Oct 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prior to the acquisition: - Work environment was positive - Company culture was fun - Team morale was high - Training was encouraged Overall, you were happy to come to the office and be around your coworkers. Sure things were stressful at times, but no place is perfect and working with a great group of people made it worthwhile.

Cons

After the acquisition: - Lack of leadership - Negative company culture - No work-life balance: even when you’re out of the office you‘re expected to be on call all hours in case anything goes wrong. - Budget cutting: layoffs in the beginning of the year. Axed the $400 health/wellness incentive. No more team events. No more annual raises/bonuses (unless you are in the top 10% of the team). - Extreme lack of communication and transparency: myself and others were frequently left out of meetings and conversations involving our team that we should’ve been included in. Voiced concern and complained about this for months with no change. People feared their jobs were at stake due to rumors and gossip, which took management months to address. Their attempts at reassuring us resulted in the CTO basically lecturing us for an hour and a half two days in a row. This guy (knowing our team morale was at an all time low and that many people were feeling hopeless) told us that if we weren’t happy and didn’t want to be there, then we could leave because he didn’t want us on his team anyways. Some leadership there, huh? All of the above contributed to the annihilation of any remaining team morale and the office just all around became toxic. More and more people began working from home. More and more people ended up resigning to go to other companies or interviewing elsewhere. Over 10 people have resigned in the last few months yet not one spot has been backfilled - which means more workload for the people still there trying to maintain this multimillion dollar product. Oh and if you were wondering, nothing is being done to even attempt to retain the remaining talent I would avoid D&B at all costs during this time. Especially, if you have hopes of gaining a ton of valuable experience. The only thing I gained was lots of stress, feelings of inadequacy, and anxiety...but on a positive note, I now know what to avoid when looking at other companies!

12 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Lost it's Mojo

Oct 7, 2019 - Tech in Shelton, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the team I work with.

Cons

D&B was taken private. Slowly cutting benefits, got rid of fitness reimbursement and essentially took away raises and bonuses with the promise if you work hard, put in the hours and treat the company as if it were your own you might get a raise/bonus at the very least you will get a baseball signed by Daffron. Morale is at an all-time low.

8 people found this review helpful

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're glad to hear you really enjoy working with your team. However, we are concerned to hear about your perspective on morale. I'd encourage you to contact your People Business Partner and/or PeopleFeedback@dnb.com to discuss any specific concerns.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Down the tubes

Sep 7, 2019 - Tech
      Business Outlook

Pros

Used to be a great place to work.

Cons

The few remaining vestiges of what made D&B a good place to work will soon be stripped away. The path seems to be headed straight downhill for the company's employees. New management only cares about themselves and making money as they've stated numerous times. Doesn't look like they'll even be a Christmas party.

12 people found this review helpful

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are concerned to learn about your views on management and the future of the company. We urge you to reach out to your People Business Partner or PeopleFeedback@dnb.com to share more details, so we can better understand and address further.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 Reviews