Eat Club Employee Reviews about "eat club"

Updated Jun 4, 2019

Found 17 of over 156 reviews

3.8
Eat Club Chief Executive Officer Doug Leeds
Doug Leeds
Pros
  • "Besides the free food, there are so many awesome benefits about being apart of this company(in 29 reviews)

• "Team building events, trips to San Francisco, unlimited PTO, snacks, and FREE LUNCH(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Don't have bad things to say about Eat Club(in 8 reviews)

• "the company culture is horrible(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "eat club"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Food! Great People! Great Opportunities!

Jun 4, 2019 - Office Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Eat Club has been such a rewarding opportunity. I feel trusted and appreciated my management team as well as my colleagues. There is room to grow here and learn new skills in different departments. Everyone here is so warm and welcome. Besides the free food, there are so many awesome benefits about being apart of this company!

Cons

LA Office is crammed - looking forward to the new office move!

Be the first to find this review helpful

Eat Club Response

Thank you for your 5-star review! We’re so happy that you’re finding your career at Eat Club as a rewarding experience. We’re diligent about our transparency and open management style, and appreciate you mentioning it. We look forward to seeing your growth! (And, oh by the way, how do you like the new, upgraded office space?) ;-)

2. 5.0

Great place to grow!

Mar 14, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at EAT Club mixes a fast-paced entrepreneurial spirit with a warm, down-to-earth vibe. There are lots of challenges and opportunities where smart, motivated people can work on fascinating projects in food-tech. The leadership team is very open and transparent. The business is solid and growing. In a space where competitors continue to fail, this company continues to get stronger. The new Culture team is doing a great job of helping the company live its mission of building great office culture through food. Even as we grow, the company still maintains a close-knit feeling.

Cons

The headquarters are located in Redwood City which is a challenging commute for a lot of people. There are some growing pains that will get solved as the company hires more people.

Eat Club Response

Thank you for such an awesome 5-star review. It gives us great joy to read testimonials about our loyalty to Eat Club’s roots and values, while we take on the challenges of growing the company. The pay off is happy employees! The Culture Teams are our newest initiative to cement all the good we have, as well as to add new dimensions to the quality of our work-life. We’ll continue to remain open and transparent should you have any other suggestions about ways to make EAT Club the best food-tech company out there!

3. 5.0

Great team!

Dec 18, 2018 - Data Engineering in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The engineering team is fantastic. They are: - Respectful - Collaboration-oriented - Lots of fun! Management is laid-back and trusts you to get your work done. Expectations are clear. The work is fast-paced and requires a full picture of the business and code. You're able to choose which projects interest you the most and have a big impact on your coworkers. This is NOT the kind of team where you can clock in and clock out while doing the minimum, but at the same time they have very reasonable expectations on what can get done in a decent time frame. No micromanagement that I've ever experienced. It's also a great place to work as a woman - I feel respected and valued as an employee and colleague. Biggest plus for me is the work-life balance - you can absolutely have a life outside of work while still feeling fulfilled in your job.

Cons

- As EAT Club grows we sometimes struggle with communication between departments. - For some positions the track towards advancement isn't 100% clear.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the most collaborative work environments

Dec 11, 2018 - Manager in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been here for over six months, after coming from many years in high-tech. EAT Club is a breath of fresh air. I was not here when the prior leadership team was in place. I find the existing management team from the CEO down to department managers to be very collaborative and open to any idea which will help drive more business. I personally feel the sky is the limit to our growth. Other Pro's include: * Benefits are good * Opportunity for advancement. The company is growing fast. * Great culture - with a lot of very smart people * Lot's of food * Spectacular views from the office * Liberal time off policy

Cons

* Growing pains , especially with systems that are in place that need to be upgraded. Some work processes should be automated instead of managed through google sheets. * Typical bay area commute * Need to continue improving work processes and systems

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work, learn, and EAT!!!!

Nov 12, 2018 - Director in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at a few different companies- from global organizations to tech startups. Since getting a new CEO and executive team, EAT Club has proven to be an amazing place to work. The company is small enough where you can have a voice, be heard, and make change, but large enough to where you have money and resources to help you be successful! Plus, free food, learning+growth, and a great culture. The company values transparency, collaboration, hard work, and fun!

Cons

Process, central documentation, and communication could be improved. But management is open to the ideas of others and listening to how we can improve as an organization.

Executive Team

We are thrilled to hear your thoughts and views on our culture, leadership and teams! EAT Club really tries to keep all lines of communication open, and we value ideas from all at every level. Talk about a good combination for innovation! Thank you as well for sharing your thoughts on what you feel like we could improve on. As we continue to grow and build out current and new potential expansions we do ned to keep things like central documentation and over-communication in mind. We will continue to work on and improve this, and thank you again for sharing your feedback! - Executive Team

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Challenging and rewarding environment

Sep 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

At EAT Club you have countless opportunities to challenge yourself. In any role you are able to make an impact and that's inspiring! There are limited resources so everyone is expected to wear lots of hats. However, you're able to grow and learn continuously.

Cons

There's always more to do than what you can actually accomplish in a given day. You need to be able to prioritize and focus on what's most important to avoid getting overwhelmed.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor Leadership, No Direction, No Communication

Oct 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fortunate I had a great manager who allowed me a lot of autonomy in my role - Free lunches (EAT Club food)

Cons

- Senior leadership is not transparent at all. Almost everyone, including the CEO is a new hire from the last year. Instead of coming in and taking the time to listen and learn, he has come with the intention of "making his mark" immediately, making huge changes without a second look, without data, and without company support. This is very telling of why people are leaving in droves, including other senior leaders who were working with him. - EAT Club launched in NYC last year, then closed immediately this past summer. To my knowledge, the NYC team was taken by surprise and everyone was let go immediately. What a waste of so much investor money. - Overall company culture needs significant improvement. It's an issue from top down with leaders who do not respect people they hired, no strategic direction. Would not be surprised if company folded in the next year. - Poor compensation compared to competitors, outside PEO so HR basically redirects all inquiries and is of no help whatsoever.

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Startup

May 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are great resulting in a fun and energetic office culture. EAT Club utilizes their own product so free meals everyday and extras to take home for dinner are a great perk. The onsite gym is extremely nice and they match 401k which I thought was lucky for a startup. EAT Club offers flex PTO which they actually encourage you to take.

Cons

With any startup there are going to be many changes as the company continues to grow and find their place in the market. This can result in a somewhat chaotic work environment but that should be expected when joining any startup in the Silicon Valley.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 2.0

Sales

Apr 24, 2018 - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Offers a fair work/life balance -Cool perks: free food (albeit, not great food), 401k matching, unlimited PTO/sick hours, and pretty good health benefits -Office location: the plaza in which HQ is located in is great. It offers a great view and amenities like a gym/pool/basketball courts, etc.

Cons

-Management is actually the worst I've ever experienced in my professional career. Not to mention EAT club has lost its VP, President, CEO, and a handful of other senior employees in a matter of weeks -There is no internal communication. The Sales leaders are terribly antagonistic and abrasive -Everyone here is severely underpaid and there are no opportunities for legitimate career growth -Very fragmented, broken company

8 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Sales Review

May 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Liberal work from home days, free lunch (WARNING: free lunch is airline food quality, do not get too excited), 401K, health benefits (okay at best), besides from management/C-level employees, co-workers are cool.

Cons

First, let me discuss hiring. There are very dishonest tactics used to get you through the door. You will be promised great pay, great benefits, a fun start-up environment, endless upward mobility, and a dynamic company culture. Upon your first day (at most your first week) you will realize none of this was true. If you have ever experienced “buyer’s remorse” a short period at EAT Club will render a similar feeling. Second, management is very weak. If you are hoping to gain experience that will resonate on a resume, EAT Club is not the place. Take a look on LinkedIn and you’ll see the lack of experience that the sale management team has (I don’t think I need to say much more than that). If you are young and motivated, please do not consider this organization as a place you can grow your sales career. Third, the amount of director, VP, and C-level turnover in the last 2-3 months spells disaster for this company. Finally, the culture at EAT Club is toxic. Period. I have been with good, bad, and ugly companies in my tenure and I have never seen a company ran so poorly in my life.

14 people found this review helpful