Employee Review

Current Employee

Good place to work

Oct 18, 2021 - Program Manager in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive superiors. Diverse staff. Empowered to make decisions.

Cons

Fast-paced environment. Some processes not established.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best job I've had!

Oct 16, 2021 - IT Support Engineer I in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of support, and a great team. Great exposure to networking technology for someone entering the IT field. Great health insurance, and benefits. Having started with Amazon in the Operations side as a warehouse associate, and then a Process Assistant, being with OpsTechIT now it is much, MUCH, less stressful, and easier to strike a good work-life balance.

Cons

I started with OpsTechIT as an IT Support Associate II, and was then promoted to IT Support Engineer I. The pay increase from a promotion, versus being externally hired into the same role is significantly lower. I am payed about $10k less per year than others on my team that have the same job title because they were hired into the role, instead of being promoted into the role. It sucks, but I still love the job.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

You Get What You Put In

Jan 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Continue reading
    2825 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Amazon.