1. "heading the right direction"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company culture, reasonable work life balance, and I think we're finally on track to deliver most of the features that most of our customers want. We've also improved some of the internal processes around building and delivering our product.

Cons

Some imperfections remain, but minor I think

Continue reading
  1. COVID-19

"Previously in office - Now Fully Remote"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight full-time

Pros

The company had a decent work from home policy prior to COVID, and as such transitioned pretty well when it came to having everyone work fully remotely. Management is respectable and understanding for the most part (in my experience). It is much easier to work for someone you respect. Having been part of some hiring decisions, I know that they tend to focus a bit less on technical skill and more on personality, willingness to learn, and work ethic (at least what can be surmised in interviews. Most tend to learn specific frameworks/languages on demand in this industry anyways). The culture reflects this and I genuinely respect the vast majority of my coworkers.

Cons

Working fully remotely now means I don't get to spend as much time with coworkers. That can be good for some, but for me it makes it a bit harder to stay motivated. No longer being in office means no more free snacks/Lacroix, as per the meme.

"great people , needs a clear winning strategy"

4.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Castlight full-time

Pros

- culture, perks, people, mission, dynamic

Cons

- not a clear direction in a competitive market, constant changes , leadership changes

Discover more reviews about Castlight.