Employee Review

Former Freelancer, less than 1 year

Ok

Dec 3, 2020 - Intern in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working there is fine generally

Cons

Fast paced, lots of thing can be better

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Interning at Facebook

Sep 24, 2021 - Software Engineer(Internship)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Facebook gets a lot of flak at my school and people love to hate on it. I didn't go in with a bias or anything, I was generally curious to see what it would be like and I'm happy to say the company is amazing. The people there are really cool and the people in charge care about the company. Leadership is open and transparent and the weekly Q&As with Mark did wonders to humanize the chap. Great fun to work at and the quality of the compensation goes without saying.

Cons

I can't think of much. I worked on a low level project so impact wasn't super exciting but the work was fun nonetheless.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

People Focused

May 24, 2020 - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Facebook deeply cares about its employees and has built a compelling culture around support and growth. Career growth opportunities are plentiful. If you don't like the team you're on or don't get the support you want from your manger, Facebook empowers you to find new teams or projects. Facebook wants its employees to be invested in their work and to feel connected to its larger mission. If large scale opportunities and growth are important to you, Facebook is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

Facebook's culture is demanding and fast paced. The greatest aspect of working at Facebook is that everyone is very motivated and very smart. The problem with this is that they all expect the very same of you. Holding a very high bar for excellence can certainly be demanding so it's important to make sure you're always carefully paying attention to your own personal work/life balance.

162 people found this review helpful

Facebook Response

Employer Representative

Thank you for this thoughtful feedback. Building a career at Facebook is about using your unique strengths, doing meaningful work that matters to you and making Facebook better. We're glad you're here on this journey with us.

Discover more reviews about Facebook.