Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

You need the right team and manager

May 10, 2021 - Marketing Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Given that I started during Covid, I was unable to experience all the fringe benefits working at FB on site has to offer. However, having worked as a contractor previously I can say working from HQ is wonderful. Great scenery, events, all variety of food and snacks everywhere. It's a dream.

Cons

From my experience, and hearing from many others in the same position, being a contractor at a large tech company can be a real challenge. You can often be undermined, undervalued, and ultimately the scape goat to be blamed when things go awry. I started when Covid hit, which didn't help matters. Everyone was very stressed, and in a terrible mood, and it constantly showed. The transition did not occur smoothly. And Middle management leaves a lot to be desired in providing a safe and comfortable workplace.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Interning at Facebook

Sep 24, 2021 - Software Engineer(Internship)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Facebook gets a lot of flak at my school and people love to hate on it. I didn't go in with a bias or anything, I was generally curious to see what it would be like and I'm happy to say the company is amazing. The people there are really cool and the people in charge care about the company. Leadership is open and transparent and the weekly Q&As with Mark did wonders to humanize the chap. Great fun to work at and the quality of the compensation goes without saying.

Cons

I can't think of much. I worked on a low level project so impact wasn't super exciting but the work was fun nonetheless.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

People Focused

May 24, 2020 - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Facebook deeply cares about its employees and has built a compelling culture around support and growth. Career growth opportunities are plentiful. If you don't like the team you're on or don't get the support you want from your manger, Facebook empowers you to find new teams or projects. Facebook wants its employees to be invested in their work and to feel connected to its larger mission. If large scale opportunities and growth are important to you, Facebook is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

Facebook's culture is demanding and fast paced. The greatest aspect of working at Facebook is that everyone is very motivated and very smart. The problem with this is that they all expect the very same of you. Holding a very high bar for excellence can certainly be demanding so it's important to make sure you're always carefully paying attention to your own personal work/life balance.

162 people found this review helpful

Facebook Response

Employer Representative

Thank you for this thoughtful feedback. Building a career at Facebook is about using your unique strengths, doing meaningful work that matters to you and making Facebook better. We're glad you're here on this journey with us.

Discover more reviews about Facebook.