"Fairmont gulag,favoritism, mass dysfunction, zero support, lots of stress. Started out lovely, ends terrible. Be warned"

1.0
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in San Jose, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, commissions, good colleagues, free lunches, destination rates, nice properties, fun to meet people from all over the world.

Cons

Management is aloof, incompetent and distant. Very much an us and them culture. HR is confrontational and bumbling. Most "managers" are actually interns still in college who are under contract and run departments with zero work experience. Employees are very disposable, very high turnaround , very high burnout. Your hours are routinely cut due to managers getting a bonus for coming in under budget for work hours . Meaning you lose money. You will be dealing with complaints of angry , rude and insulting "budget" guests CONSTANTLY during your 8 hour shift and held directly accountable to resolve their issues however reasonable or unreasonable. This place is a meat grinder for workers. Internal theft is rampant and you WILL have confrontations with the homeless who frequently wander the property. You also will be asked to complete several different tasks relating to housekeeping, luggage transportation and parking cars regardless of your job title .

Continue reading
  1. "Good Job, lots of hours"

5.0
    Current Employee - Security in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good starting pay, great manager.

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Great Team"

4.0
    Former Employee - Fairmont Gold Concierge in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with some of the leading professionals in hospitality Every day is different Room to grow and expand (if you wish)

Cons

Management at the property I was at was always changing so you couldn't really get used to management styles

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.