- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
not recommended for people who wish to excel in teaching field18 Jan 2023 - Assistant Language Teacher (ALT)RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Its one of the gateway to teach english in Japan but you shouldnt stay here over a year.
- prorated salary - no completion bonus - no housing sponsorship; they would ask you to shouder all the accommodation or housing (some dispatch companies shoulder the key money and deposit and you just have to pay the monthly rent)
Other Employee Reviews
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Great Job for ALTs11 Aug 2022 - Assistant Language Teacher (ALT)RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great pay for the work. The branch I was at had excellent support for their ALTs. They helped you get an apartment, drivers license (if needed), set up a bank account, and etc. All of the the kids were wonderful to teach. Was a great experience overall!
Everything was great for me. No cons!
- Former Contractor, more than 1 year★★★★★
If you need/want to stay in Japan29 Nov 2022 - Assistant Language Teacher (ALT)RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Lots of help with Japanese bureaucratic stuff - Plenty of time off due to the school holidays - Visa support and a steady paycheck - The kids and teachers you meet will likely be great and you'll feel like you're making an impact in their lives.
- Said paycheck is very minimal, but average for ALT's. - Compensation does not equal the amount of time, effort, and general work that you will do. - Despite your experience or the number of years you stay with the company, you won't get a pay raise. - No real room for career advancement as a teacher. Becoming a Head Teacher increases your workload 10 fold but your paycheck by a few yen. - Some teachers don't value ALT's because they have probably worked with numerous in their career and you're just a new one in a long line of them.Continue reading