Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company, Great Benefits, Endless Opportunities

Jun 7, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Charlottesville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Long standing organization, amazing people benefits for employees and families, good culture in most parts of the organization, and a great place to grow in a career if you choose to take advantage of the resources. This is a place that will give you as much opportunity as you are willing to take on.

Cons

Huge organization, as much as they try to retain the smaller vibe of the organizations that have been acquired it's not possible and while that's okay, there's not a lot of acknowledgement of that side of the cultural development. This is not a place to be if you want to work in a start up or smaller organization.

1. 5.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.self_employ-former

Strong company

Jul 22, 2021 - Executive in Charlottesville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong company and position in the market

Cons

None - very strong brand and company

2. S&P Global Market Intelligence | Division of S&P Global
    1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Actual job may not be what you have envisioned

Jul 24, 2021 - Senior Lead Site Reliability
    Business Outlook

Pros

401k with up to 6% match Days off for wellness and birthday $500 reimbursement towards Wellness products / activities $500 stipend for computer home setup reimbursement A swag box as a new hire

Cons

During interview process, I was totally transparent about my previous experience as a developer working with databases and how I envisioned the sre. Yet 2 months into my job, I'm restructured to do support responding to toil and troubleshooting. Place is a mess upper management wants to do site reliability, but doesn't even know what it means. My teammates are more like system admins with no exp in coding. Server build failures, lack of documentation, inept workers, projects just go nowhere and the boss tell to move to something else. Also, access issues took forever to resolve, Wipro doesn't have the necessary training.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about S&P Global.