- 5.015 Nov 2021
Great people to work with.Software EngineerCurrent EmployeeSingapore
- Great engineering culture, with a balance between individual accountability and ownership for features and building a fault-tolerant environment for engineers to work in. - Wonderful people to work with: everyone is helpful to a fault, and rigorous in execution. No red tape issues. - Freedom to explore/start initiatives, as long as you can balance your workload. - Fast paced, with plenty of exposure to learning opportunities. - User focused product building, with input from the user being a major factor when deciding on feature direction as opposed to just running on presumptions. - Transparent and sympathetic upper management: candid and not afraid to share information when things are not going well, and generally they try their best to emphasize employee wellbeing.
- Can get very busy depending on the roadmap. - Quite a roller-coaster at times, ranging from terrifying (we lost a lot of people when the pandemic hit) to amazing (the recovery since).1
- 5.023 Nov 2020Marketing DirectorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Culture, colleagues, work-life balance, product, and strategy
The company is international so sometimes you have to wait a day to talk to colleagues
- 5.028 Feb 2020Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearWashington, DC
I work on the US side of things. This is by far the most transparent company I’ve ever worked for. I still remember my first week when I told our CEO that ‘we may be too transparent’ because everyone knows everything good and bad. But after working here for quite some time now, I completely understand why we do it and why it makes us who we are now. Nothing is hidden and all employees are kept in the loop on all matters, big and small. You gotta wear many different hats, especially in this startup of a startup here in the US and that’s what makes it so much fun! You aren’t doing the same thing everyday, and everyone needs to contribute across all departments – marketing, product, sales, support, hr… Great culture, great people, great product – overall a fun place to grow and work!
- Time differences are always a concern. Someone is going to sacrifice their time either early in the morning or late at night. But we all do our best to accommodate each other so no one is getting the short end of the stick every time. - Benefits could be better. As the US team grows, I expect it to come on par with most US companies.1