Cover image for Soho House & Co

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
      20 Jun 2021

A company that has great values. Stands for diversity & inclusion and puts a large effort into sustainability

Current Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really welcoming, supports personal growth path, takes action when committing to something - for example Diversity & Inclusion pledge.

Cons

Everyone is really helpful but it may take some time to find your way in cross-functional roles.

1. 5.0
        8 Jul 2023
        Server/Waiter
        Former Employee, less than 1 year
        New York, NY
        Business Outlook

Pros

really cool staff- a joy to come into work

Cons

management needs some work but they are all nice

1. 2.0
          14 Sept 2023
          Bartender
          Former Employee, more than 1 year
          Chicago, IL
          Business Outlook

Pros

- wages are pretty good for the industry, plus they provide good benefits

Cons

- consistently terrible management - high standards and expectations for your work but you aren't given the tools or organization you need (literally, we never had bartending equipment we needed) - toxic work environment: pretty much everyone is overworked and unhappy - high turnover - pretends to be an inclusive work environment, but was not for me as a nonbinary trans person

Discover more reviews about Soho House & Co.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

190.9K

Case Manager

I applied to 4 jobs last week. Two companies replied that thy are reviewing my application and I have an interview tomorrow with a third. The company I'm interviewing with is the one I'm least interested in of the four, though it is better than my current job. What is the etiquette if I'm offered a job with this company but I want to wait and see what response I get from the other 3? Should I tell the company I need a couple weeks to decide, or be up front that I'm waiting for other offers? Or?

1 Comment

Underwriter

During my interview with a Vice President, he mentioned that the "background check" had been reviewed. He brought up cities I had lived in at one point, even though I hadn't included that information on my resume or LinkedIn profile, though it is accurate. Additionally, he was aware of my entrepreneurship experience, which I had not disclosed anywhere. I'm curious about the source of this information. I'm currently progressing through the interview rounds without any offer or signed documents.

4 Comments

Underwriter

I’m moving on to round 3 of the interview process after speaking with the VP and it’ll be with peers. My position would be Insurance Product Manager so the peers would be internal stakeholders (Sales, Engineering, Underwriting, Actuary, etc.) What kind of questions typically do peer interviews ask?

0 Comments