TripAdvisor - People crunching factory | Glassdoor.sg

"People crunching factory"

Former Employee - Manager in Oxford, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, nicely furnished office, technology, training opportunities

Cons

Cut-throat environment, employees are numbers and are treated like disposable items. They will bleed you dry and when you have nothing left, they still ask for more. If you are on a managerial level, you are required to be available to take calls, answer emails etc on your days off or holidays, absolute lack of work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect they deserve

TripAdvisor2019-09-17

TripAdvisor Response

September 25, 2019Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of present and former employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas upon which we can improve. Thank you for acknowledging that we provide a comfortable and collaborative work environment which is supported by our enabling technology, in addition to providing a comprehensive benefits program. However we are sorry to hear about your negative work/life balance, as we encourage employees to achieve the right focus between working and family/leisure activities. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated respectfully so we are especially disappointed to hear that we have not met your expectations. Any concerns flagged to management and or HR are treated seriously and are investigated to ensure that employees feel valued and empowered. We want TripAdvisor to be a great place to work for everyone. Regards Carol

1. "A great place to work"

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It has the most extensive health coverage and include all family members. All employee strive to make it a better work place.

Cons

Need to be more competitive in term of pay.

TripAdvisor2019-01-02
  2. "Good Office Evironment"

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros

Good company benefits Great colleagues Office organises many events and activities for the staff

Cons

Not every company is perfect, it boils down to the individual department, team and individual. But I'm currently satisfied with my own team.

TripAdvisor2019-07-19

TripAdvisor Response

July 22, 2019Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It really is our employees that make TripAdvisor such a great company to work for; we're glad to hear that you enjoy spending time with your team. Our Office Experience team also does a great job with planning events for everyone to participate in, so it's great to know that you've had fun attending some of those.

Discover more reviews about TripAdvisor.