"People crunching factory"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Oxford, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, nicely furnished office, technology, training opportunities

Cons

Cut-throat environment, employees are numbers and are treated like disposable items. They will bleed you dry and when you have nothing left, they still ask for more. If you are on a managerial level, you are required to be available to take calls, answer emails etc on your days off or holidays, absolute lack of work-life balance.

Continue reading

September 25, 2019Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of present and former employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas upon which we can improve. Thank you for acknowledging that we provide a comfortable and collaborative work environment which is supported by our enabling technology, in addition to providing a comprehensive benefits program. However we are sorry to hear about your negative work/life balance, as we encourage employees to achieve the right focus between working and family/leisure activities. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated respectfully so we are especially disappointed to hear that we have not met your expectations. Any concerns flagged to management and or HR are treated seriously and are investigated to ensure that employees feel valued and empowered. We want TripAdvisor to be a great place to work for everyone. Regards Carol

1. "Great Place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Global Vendor Manager

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time

Pros

The Work Culture is great

Cons

No reasons to be listed

June 22, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience as part of the Tripadvisor team.

2. COVID-19

"Tripadvisor says culture matters yet they've let it be destroyed"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Boston office and especially kitchen is amazing and New York isn't too bad either. Used to be some fantastic people to work with. Every day was a joy to come to work. Sadly that all changed in 2019.

Cons

Every member of the team hired from Conde Nast is incompetent, lacking basic knowledge of internet fundamentals, territorial to a level that goes so far beyond toxic, and most of all are just mean, spiteful people. And yet they all awarded themselves big titles despite clear lack of talent or experience. You were either part of 'the Conde Nast clique' or you were out. Every day became like living through junior high school all over again. The immediate effects on our business and morale were shocking. They would fudge sales numbers, rebrand existing products as something new that they'd invented, disparage other people's good work, refuse to ever listen to suggestions, use our sales calls to shame people publicly, and so much more. I heard one coworker say 'their only real talent is creating roadblocks' and it is just so true. We saw an executive assistant hired in NYC quit in less than two weeks because he was being made to do their laundry and write their Tinder profiles. I heard the same stories from my coworkers all over the country and so many of us had talks with human resources, but nothing was ever done and they used the recent COVID-19 layoffs to get rid of even more great people who dared question them, including me and most of my team. How Steve Kaufer let all of this happen I do not know, but it was a relief when I was let get go as after this nightmare experience I need time with my family to recover. It is a sad day as I will always have wonderful memories of what Tripadvisor once was and the good people I worked with there, but on to bigger and better things.

Continue reading

June 8, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your recent personal experience was not positive. We care deeply about our employees wellbeing and strive to maintain a positive work environment across all of our Global Tripadvisor locations. We maintain a zero tolerance policy for harassment and take feedback from our employees on these topics very seriously. The last 18 months have been a period of intense change at Tripadvisor, and we acknowledge there have been some growing pains as new leaders join and teams are reorganized. The current pandemic impacted our business and the reduction in workforce resulted in many exceptional colleagues leaving the company. Throughout the process, we strive to create a positive work environment and will continue to focus on building good morale. We wish you the best and thank you for the time you committed to Trip.

Discover more reviews about Tripadvisor.