"People crunching factory"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Oxford, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, nicely furnished office, technology, training opportunities

Cons

Cut-throat environment, employees are numbers and are treated like disposable items. They will bleed you dry and when you have nothing left, they still ask for more. If you are on a managerial level, you are required to be available to take calls, answer emails etc on your days off or holidays, absolute lack of work-life balance.

Continue reading
    Tripadvisor2019-09-17

Tripadvisor Response

September 25, 2019Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of present and former employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas upon which we can improve. Thank you for acknowledging that we provide a comfortable and collaborative work environment which is supported by our enabling technology, in addition to providing a comprehensive benefits program. However we are sorry to hear about your negative work/life balance, as we encourage employees to achieve the right focus between working and family/leisure activities. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated respectfully so we are especially disappointed to hear that we have not met your expectations. Any concerns flagged to management and or HR are treated seriously and are investigated to ensure that employees feel valued and empowered. We want TripAdvisor to be a great place to work for everyone. Regards Carol

1. "Great Place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Global Vendor Manager

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time

Pros

The Work Culture is great

Cons

No reasons to be listed

Tripadvisor2020-05-23

"Great culture and technology, with constant change"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Needham, MA

I worked at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I absolutely loved my time here in the engineering organization. The engineering team is top notch. They have a modern stack with some very talented engineers. Trip follows a lot of industry best practices and really drives engineers to be better. People - at least engineers - are generally empowered to succeed. Most colleagues are very friendly and it is a great environment to learn. The office culture is incredibly friendly and social. Teams are tight knit and strive to operate effectively and efficiently. Expect frequent retrospectives and improvements to the product development cycle.

Cons

Lack of transparency. You may work with managers who hold information back from you or members of the team, or managers who aren't entirely forthcoming. Lack of strong product direction or commitment to products. Some engineers worked on projects for months only to A/B test and be considered failures. The product direction constantly pivots, resulting in teams being frequently rearranged. Micromanagement. If you're an engineer, there's a decent chance your manager will be up in your space. Because Trip is a publicly traded company, the product priorities may shift considerably if the company needs to focus in certain areas. Don't fall in love with your projects too much.

Continue reading
    Tripadvisor2020-05-21

Discover more reviews about Tripadvisor.