"Twitter is awesome!"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great vision, transparent leadership, collaborative culture, diversity

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at the moment

1. COVID-19

"Excellent for WFH flexibility & Remote Work opportunities"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time for more than a year

Pros

In general, there seems to be a strong company-wide sense of inclusion and empathy, which really makes Twitter stand out. People are very passionate about the role that Twitter has in society, and while there is constantly a lot of public backlash towards the leadership around critical decisions, internally, I think that there is a lot of trust in the expertise and intentions of other teams. As an engineer, I feel empowered to work on projects that I think are valuable and interesting without feeling entangled in internal politics. Twitter was one of the first companies to really devote themselves to WFH, and the transition was essentially seamless, since Twitter was already shifting towards remote work. In addition, there are "Flexible Work" opportunities, where employees can request to temporarily or permanently work out of approved locations, which is quite amazing.

Cons

There are frequent re-organizations (every 4-6 months?), and while you learn to roll with the punches, it makes it difficult to plan out longer term projects, since staffing & priorities end up changing. You end up having a handful of half-baked projects that die after one or two iterations.

Continue reading
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer

I have been working at Twitter full-time

Pros

Work life balance is really good

Cons

Will be wfh for a long time

Discover more reviews about Twitter.