Find jobs for Data Scientist

1. 5.0

Amazing Company

Mar 14, 2021 - Data Scientist in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best place to work, absolutely Great Pay Great Benefits Great Culture Great Team Open to relocating you to any part of the world you want

Cons

Not allowed to work from home country - the only tech company to have this restriction

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ok experience but could be better

Jul 21, 2021 - Data Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, smart people, autonomy and flexibility

Cons

WLB can be bad, data science work can be boring because is mostly product analytics

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company to work for

Mar 3, 2021 - Data Scientist in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked in other big tech, the culture here is far far better than any other company. Benefits are really good There is a lot of human connection, you get the feeling that people here really care about you All the colleagues are super talented and there's a lot to learn from them

Cons

Very US centric, so beyond a point, you have to be ready to move to the US to grow

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

good company

Jul 29, 2021 - Facebook Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

transparency, good people, nice culture, willing to give credit to people who involved in projects.

Cons

too much work, moving very fast, not good work life balance, too much change in org.

5. 5.0

NA

Jul 21, 2021 - Data Science Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

impact driven, good pay for high performers

Cons

non on top of my mind

6. 5.0

Great company!

Jun 30, 2021 - Data Scientist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bottom-up environment. In my organization, employees drive the direction of the company, rather than management. Full autonomy over projects. Collaborating with some of the brightest minds in the planet. Great benefits and perks.

Cons

Really easy to get imposter syndrome. Also, many engineers are overworked.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Love the Work and Culture

Jun 30, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work in Integrity Org which is questioned the most about FB but I can tell you how much efforts the team and org makes to remove the bad stuff from FB. I love the work as its very challenging and people are genuinely nice.

Cons

Managing expectations becomes tough sometimes

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bad direction, no critical feedback of first-time managers

Apr 10, 2021 - Data Scientist in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall compensation Top tech kit Some areas are very promising

Cons

When joining, I picked Shops because it was a promising project, but after I made my decision, it was clear that the Org was notoriously disorganised. The project has lost most of its key personnel because the Director for Product was unable to give a clear direction, and censored all the reasonable ideas. My manager was inexperienced and refused to hear any suggestion that I made. It felt really demoralising and frustrating. I reached out to other managers, friends from previous job who agreed that it was frustrating… but that’s it. – I agree, this is a horrible situation. – What can I do about it? – I don’t know… – Wait a year, so I can change teams? – Maybe. That was changed to 18 months though. All three of the Org, the project and my manager had "the worst Pulse rating in the history of the company" at their level, according to people who had been at Facebook longer. No one reached out. Several key stakeholders left, notably one senior Data engineer. I offered to take over some of their workload because I knew how and I badly needed data to do my own work. That was yet another suggestion that my manager shut down. It got tiring really fast.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0

recommend people to fb

Jul 25, 2021 - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

overall good salary, good compensation

Cons

high competence, wlb not good

10. 5.0

Excellent opportunities, renumeration, culture

May 26, 2021 - Data Science Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

So many opportunities in the London site, and internal mobility is great. If you're ambitious you have room to grow you career, and your performance will be rewarded. Always listening to people on how to improve the culture (company days during COVID, wellness benefit, etc). Great place to be as a data scientist.

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging when there is always so much happening, it's a very public brand where we are (understandably) held to a a high bar

Viewing 1 - 10 of 163 Reviews