Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Apr 2, 2021

Found 126 of over 11,084 reviews

4.2
Fidelity Investments Chairman and CEO Abby Johnson
Abby Johnson
5,148 Ratings
Pros
  • "lots of internal opportunities for career advancement; good work/life balance(in 1217 reviews)

• "There are some pretty great benefits(in 1208 reviews)

• Cons
  • "sometimes less time for work Life balance(in 266 reviews)

• "Very little transparency with senior management(in 128 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Apr 2, 2021 - Systems Analyst in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company cares for their employees and took excellent care of us during the pandemic.

Cons

Job mobility is preached but not as easy as they say it is. Diversity is something that the company is currently working on but you don't see many people of color in upper management.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good Benefits, Bad Support

Mar 19, 2021 - Financial Associate I in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great, the pay is worth it almost, meeting new people is always a plus, learning new financial information is excellent knowledge to have.

Cons

Upper management pretends to listen to your concerns and needs but does nothing, there is no break from constant inbound calls like there used to be with new changes to inner workings, being able to move within the company is almost solely based on who knows who and not based on merit.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sweatshop

Jan 6, 2021 - Customer Relationship Advocate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth, their licensing progam, and benefits (only if you stay long enough to keep them)

Cons

Mandatory over time, literally no work life balance, never ending calls and rude customers, and upper management who literally states they do not care about you

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and get your sea legs in the investment/retirement planning world.

Sep 16, 2020 - Workplace Planning Consultant I in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

support and development benefits are strong great match and profit sharing

Cons

political at times from upper management hiring freezes can cause delayed promotions no matter how qualified or successful

5. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Internship at fidelity

Aug 17, 2020 - Software Engineer Intern in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They treat. all their workers incredible. The atmosphere is extremely comfortable and everybody is provided with state of the art equipment.

Cons

As an intern I didn't really see any cons, but I also knew nothing about upper management. but from what I heard and saw everybody seemed pretty happy.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Aug 9, 2020 - Asset Management Intern in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance and flexibility

Cons

Poor transparency from upper management

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Indifference and Abuse

Sep 1, 2020 - 529 College Planning Specialist in American Fork, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I made some friendships while I was there. Everything related to my actual job was horrible.

Cons

The upper management all sort of do there own things and have their own expectations, creating confusion throughout the company. I don't think Abby really has control over some of her subordinates. Site management changed every year that I was there, adding to the confusion. Team managers have entirely too much power and there is very little recourse given to appeal their decisions or seek redress of grievances when they act in an inappropriate manner. The pay is well below industry standards and while you are able to make lateral movements within the company, moving up is EXTREMELY difficult. Pay raises rarely keep up with inflation and while I was there our variable comp was changed making it impossible for anyone to meet the new standards. My pay went down a couple of thousand dollars per year as a result. HR is not responsive and negligent at times. I went an entire year without insurance because I was somehow disenrolled in the plan that I signed up for when I got hired on. HR knew that this mistake had happened and it was documented in their system, but they didn't do anything in time to correct the problem despite my contant pressuring them. The company became even less invested in its employees during my time, essentially turning from a somewhat tolerable work experience into just another high turnover, turn and burn call center.

8 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Great Benefits; Garbage Growth Opportunity

Aug 6, 2020 - Customer Relationship Advocate in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits 401k match Good PTO/VTO Easy paycheck; no brain strain

Cons

Call center job No opportunity for career growth outside of the call center Indifferent upper management Boring and repetitive Reduced to a number and your stats No opportunity for projects/collaboration Soulless Information poorly communicated to front line representatives

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

Aug 5, 2020 - Director, Software Engineering in Westlake, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

energetic technologists, great community, dress code changed to jeans/polo all the time as of a few years ago, great gym and caff.

Cons

upper management sometimes seems more interested in "owning" decision making authority over ensuring the best decisions are made. frequent changes in tech stack directives

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

decent place to work

Jun 26, 2020 - Software Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, good perks, good work life balance

Cons

Upper management needs to be efficient

Viewing 1 - 10 of 126 Reviews