Freudenberg Sealing Technologies Employee Reviews about "german"

Updated 18 Apr 2020

3.8
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies CEO Claus Möhlenkamp
Claus Möhlenkamp
Pros
Cons
  • "German owners are never told the true story as to why good successful engineers either leave or get fired(in 6 reviews)

• "There is little to no discussion on behalf of management as to how an associate can move to the next level with the company(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "german"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Privately owned Company with lost potential due to Poor Short sighted Management in the past"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Manchester, NH
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Freudenberg Sealing Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent privately owned company with great product line but incapable management.

Cons

If you mess up, you get promoted! If you perform you get singled out Because other pencil pushers are scared of being exposed. Under performers survive under the radar for year. High performers have zero visibility since leadership has no experience of Engineering processes since., they come from accounting back ground. Not a good place to work for over performing engineers. You will never shine. German owners are never told the true story as to why good successful engineers either leave or get fired. Incapable department managers. A premier NH company, held back due to leadership without vision.

2. "Electrochemist"

1.0

I worked at Freudenberg Sealing Technologies full-time

Pros

Freudenberg took over a bankrupt company "Elcomax" at Munich last year, where i worked. Very nice place to learn lab establishment. Search new project partners, collaborate with universities.

Cons

R & D labs are in worse condition. The team is also very fresh and new, not much experienced people are working there. I did not find good and challenging project there. If you are able to speak fluent German, then good place to work. No international work environment.

Freudenberg Sealing Technologies Response

June 26, 2019Online Marketing Manager

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback on your experience at Freudenberg. We regret to hear that your time with Freudenberg was a not a positive one. The feedback you’ve provided about the merger of your company and Freudenberg will be passed on to the appropriate teams for review. Transitions can be difficult and should be handled with as much attention to detail as possible. We are hopeful that we can use this feedback to improve in this area in the future. If you have any additional comments, please feel free to contact us again. Sincerely, Corporate HR Team

"SAP Software Development"

5.0

I have been working at Freudenberg Sealing Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Professional staff to work with - Exciting relevant projects with current technology - Excellent training and team support - Flexible scheduling when not working on large projects with fixed dates - A culture of continuous improvement -A diverse global environment (although each specific location may not be diverse, the entire global team structure is). I have had the opportunity to work with dozens of countries and individuals around the globe. - Focus on high quality

Cons

- Compensation is on par for comparable companies/industry but is lower than the major consulting arms; but then again the positions are fixed, lower travel and much safer (an acceptable trade of secure position vs. salary). - Continuous improvement means time spent collecting data and analyzing data(along with completing standard development work). Improved quality means higher workload and keeping busy. - Work life balance is normally fair (as German labor laws tend to assist globally). However, expect to be on large global projects that require commitment. I would not consider work life balance a con, but rather an expectation of duty for strategic projects.

4. "Fantastic place to work"

5.0
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Novi, MI

I worked at Freudenberg Sealing Technologies for less than a year

Pros

Great people/management. I was treated as part of the team, and an equal, even though I was an intern. Wonderful work/life balance from what I saw. Basically, they wanted everybody to be there and working 8 hours a day. Some people would come in an hour or so early, take a short lunch, and be out the door by 3:45. Great if you have kids you need to pick up from daycare or school.

Cons

Only con I could possibly think of is that being a German, family owned business, an american can only move up so high in the corporate structure before language barrier and location would block further advancement.

Continue reading
  5. "Very tough work environment."

I worked at Freudenberg Sealing Technologies full-time

Pros

Financially stable company. Growth opportunities but only if willing to move. Decent pay if you get overtime. Wide options of health insurance plans.

Cons

Expected to work 70+ hours per week. Huge bonuses for upper management at the expense of the lower levels of staff. Called a "family" company but that only means that it's privately owned by family members. Although owned by German parent, generous European vacation entitlement not provided to U.S. workers. Constant increases in health care costs even though company is profitable.

Continue reading
  6. "Great Opportunity for Engineering Creativity, Poor HR System."

I have been working at Freudenberg Sealing Technologies

Pros

Quite a bit of latitude in product design and process improvement ideas. Relatively flexible work schedule and excellent lean manufacturing program. Some sites have outstanding plant leadership teams.

Cons

Pay raises are average or below for almost all with no opportunity for significant increases unless one moves into senior management (Plant Manager and above). German products, plants, and people are first all other regions come second. Poor opportunity for advancement within technical community - they are not serious about promoting from within the engineering group despite claims. U.S. operations are finance focused without regard to impact on employees (salary or hourly). Will pay for reorganizations before rewarding loyalty and performance - especially coming out of the recent economic crisis. Recently most pay raises were frozen while company undertakes another reorganization despite two years of no raises for almost all employees. Beware - there is always an excuse for no pay raises and when they are given the preference is for 2-3% every 18 months. You will never see performance bonuses or any raise beyond 10% regardless of qualification or performance.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews