GCA Services Employee Reviews about "no benefits"
31% would recommend to a friend
(31 total reviews)
43% approve of CEO
Found 31 of over 393 reviews
Updated 11 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management is bad." (in 25 reviews)
- "Low Pay; no support." (in 19 reviews)
- "Upper management are outside of industry, don't care about employees and are only concerned with how much money they.can" (in 18 reviews)
- "The managers do NOT answer their emails." (in 12 reviews)
- "No benefits except expensive insurance, no raises ever, and no promotions." (in 9 reviews)
Reviews about "no benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 1.011 Dec 2014Janitorail LeadFormer EmployeeCamden, NJ
Nothing with this company that I can see.
I started this job to make some extra money, if I had to do it as a career I would have hung myself. I have had many years in a school dist making REAL money and benefits and I also have a boiler lic. My mgr. had no people skills what so ever. Now on to supplies, there were none. We were expected to do a job with next to nothing, our mop heads were beat our dust mop heads were beat and our rags were what seemed to be from world war 2. I once took a rag into the principals office and showed her and asked her if she would clean anything at her home with it. I don't need to tell you the answer she gave me. Now on to the equipment that we have: old and out dated. No squeezes for windows, one wet mop handle that was broken, one dust mop handle that was broken and fixed with tape and one lobby pan that was a dust pan with a bent handle on a stick (which I threw out and went and purchased a new one using my own money). I was also lied to at my time of hire, you know where they promise you everything and then give you nothing. I can go on and on but it's not worth my time. The best thing I did was leave. And if you're smart you will never work for GCA.2
- 1.015 Oct 2015CleaningCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFront Royal, VA
There is nothing that is good about this company
They lie and you don't have any benefit and the management sucks1
- 4.020 Nov 2014Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Flexible Hours. A lot of room to manage your way. Upper management was easy to work with. Ability to grow general cleaner into account manager.
No much chance to make raise without transfer to bigger account. Some long days. Benefits are expensive. Not a lot of accounts in certain parts of the country, hard to transfer in some regions.1
- 1.07 Jul 2014Regional ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Left alone to run my own operation which was nice. Enjoyed the people that I worked with in the field.
The company treats direct labor employees as numbers rather than humans. Their business model is to undercut what companies are currently paying for labor by eliminating benefits and other perks enjoyed by current employees. This results in a lot of resentment among the employees and creates a tense work environment.5
- 1.028 Jan 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
I don't have anything good to say about this company
This company don't paid there employees good salary.your going to have another source of income if you want to be able to take care of your family.if your in there cleaning service.they don't pay for Holidays no benefits package.
- 3.024 Dec 2014Customer ServiceCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSandy, UT
People are very friendly and professional. The work environment is clean and very organized. Site Manager is a hard worker, most employees are hispanic.
Communications with the lead are mostly in Spanish, which is very rude if you don't know the language. Benefits are almost nil. No PTO or Short or LongTerm Disability.
- 3.028 Dec 2016Clean Room TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDurham, NC
I have been able to learn the importance of my work and has been instrumental in my desire to further my career in a field that I know will help others
The benefits are not good1
- 2.018 May 2016Shift LeadCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Antonio, TX
Love the people and you get to drive any car.
Always understaffed and the pay suck for all the work you have to do. Benefits suck as well.1
- 1.010 Oct 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Easy job, mindless work. It's a job
Terrible supervision, doesn't seem to understand the work. Terrible excuse for benefits. Don't expect to be treated like a human being while employed.2