Genscape Employee Reviews about "leadership team"

Updated 2 Dec 2018

4.0
Genscape CEO Jon Ecker
Jon Ecker
Pros
Cons
  • "Like any company experiencing rapid growth, there are sometimes some growing pains(in 5 reviews)

• "Can't refuse their demands so the leadership team just roles over and lets them abuse people who have been loyal to the company for years(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "leadership team"

Return to all Reviews

"Wasn't a good experience..."

2.0

I worked at Genscape full-time

Pros

Nice office Bi-weekly catered lunches Free snacks

Cons

A lot of decisions made behind the door, where the leadership team will give perks to their drinking buddies and friends in the team. Verbal spats around the office are often and what is shocking is that is usually encouraged by the leadership team. Racially biased leadership team. No diversity in the market intelligence team and rarely given opportunities to move forward.

Continue reading

"Red flags everywhere. Stay away until things improve."

1.0
     in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Genscape for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people Free food and drinks Everything in the other good reviews

Cons

Genscape used to be great, but right now is the worst time to join Company having serious issues. Profits are down Sales are plummeting No new product ideas High turnover. People fleeing like rats from a sinking ship Existing product line is already years behind the competition Parent company DMGT lost 120mn$ in 2017, so lots of pressure on this one No performance reviews. If they do, they aren't used or have no impact on promotions. Nothing get done because DMGT is running things now. Can't refuse their demands so the leadership team just roles over and lets them abuse people who have been loyal to the company for years. Morale is extremely low.

"Don't Waste Your Time"

2.0

I worked at Genscape full-time

Pros

Positive, collaborative work environment (surface-level), open flow of ideas, lots of cool perks thrown in to keep employees happy & build teams, travel opportunities, interesting and cutting-edge work.

Cons

There is a honeymoon stage when employees are hired when they think the company is so cool with lots of fun perks (a beer fridge! lots of happy hours! charity events!) and their coworkers are funny and interesting who seem to have a great work-life balance. Then, reality hits, and you're working 60 hours a week for a salary which is below industry standard and that promised raise never comes, or you are strategically passed over because someone else was threatening to leave. There is a ton of favoritism in the office, and the leadership team is fickle about who they like or don't like, oftentimes gossiping about employees like middle schoolers. Trust is routinely betrayed by supervisors - and people who were once the "golden children" of the office are suddenly fired without any warning or anyone having any clue why. The CEO appears funny and charming to all, but I regularly heard him curse at his secretary or at his other direct reports, obviously building fear and mistrust in them as well. Culture starts from the top down, apparently.

Continue reading

"Unique company, good leadership, great coworkers"

Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Genscape full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Genscape, I get to work on interesting technical research projects and have a lot of autonomy in my work. New ideas are welcome from any level of the organization and get support from the leadership team. The company has maintained a startup culture at the Louisville, KY office, although a more corporate-feeling culture is creeping in as the company has expanded its scope through acquisitions. The vast majority of employees at Genscape are motivated, thoughtful, and friendly people. Compensation is very good, including performance-driven bonuses.

Cons

My biggest worry about continuing to work at Genscape is the low transferability of the skills and market-segment knowledge I've developed while working there. The company has few competitors and the nature of the business (essentially, legal intelligence gathering on energy and commodity infrastructures) is very unique. Because the company is relatively small (about 300 employees worldwide), there isn't really a corporate ladder to climb, especially in technology-related areas. The only clearly-defined career step up is into a product management role.

5. "Great Place to Work!"

5.0

I have been working at Genscape

Pros

Working at Genscape has been an extremely rewarding opportunity for me. All of my colleagues are friendly, intelligent, and innovative and seem to genuinely enjoy the work they do. The unique culture makes Genscape a fun and ideal work environment.

Cons

There are challenges associated with a growing company, but the Leadership Team is understanding and quick to address any potential issues.

"Lively Culture, Career Growth, and Entrepreneurial Spirit Abound!"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Genscape full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best part of Genscape is the culture and my immediate team. We are close, collaborative, creative, and encouraged to have ideas and try new things. My colleagues in the Boston office are energetic, smart and love to have fun. We are soon moving to a brand new office space that will be top of the line, we get catered lunch every other Wednesday, and have monthly happy hours among other sponsored employee events. Genscape also focuses on rewarding people for a job well done with opportunities for visibility to the leadership team, compensation and bonuses, and awards. Genscape is high growth and moves quickly in terms of product launches and acquisitions. It's a great fit for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who can thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.

Cons

I currently don't have any challenges or complaints about working at Genscape. It's been a rewarding experience!

"Awesome company, growing fast, many opportunities..."

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Genscape full-time for more than a year

Pros

Genscape has a great culture and environment with a mixture of both younger and older employees. The leadership team is smart, down to earth, driven and personable. Our CEO makes an effort to get to know everyone and makes you feel like your job is imperative to the success of Genscape. Genscape offers good benefits - whether paying for our gym membership or daily commute, or always buying us lunches and paying for fun company events (golfing, happy hours, etc.) Genscape employees are really one of a kind - highly intelligent, dedicated people that work hard, but have fun and are not "full of themselves". HR has developed a great career development plan and thinking outside of your job description is encouraged. If you are all for not working at a large corporate giant doing the same job day in and day out - Genscape is the place for you. You are given endless opportunities - whether to work within different product lines, or different departments, etc. Overall, great, fast growing company!

Cons

Really no complaints...in the year that I have been here, I can truly say I enjoy my job, the company, and the people. I can honestly say I wake up excited to go to work each day, which is not always the case in this day in age!

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews