Groundswell Group Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

Groundswell Group Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2019

2.8
Groundswell Group CEO Darren Sartison (no image)
Darren Sartison

"Great Leadership, and Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Groundswell Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Groundswell is my 2nd home! I have been with the organization for almost 8 years, and they have seen me through many phases of my life. The leaders are self-aware, and focus on building their employees, I am an example of this. I started as a receptionist, and with their support went back to school to build the career I have today. The work/life balance is incredible. At Groundswell, I am able to have a career, and... still actively participate in my family life.

Cons

Of course, in 8 years, there have been some tough days and months. I feel supported to bring my best self at Groundswell, but also know it's okay when I can't.

Groundswell Group2019-06-17

"Unmotivated team"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Groundswell Group full-time

Pros

Technology knowledge is great, with training provided and paid for as part of package

Cons

Team is unmotivated. Tasks are finished in double the time, and all is fine because it's the clients that pay. The leadership team is very weak and uninspiring. They just do placements and resourcing jobs that any head hunter can do better.

Advice to Management

Better and more engaging leaders

Groundswell Group2019-06-13

June 17, 2019Communications & Engagment Specialist

Good Day, Obviously we are very discouraged to read a review like this from a current employee. We appreciate everyone's experience is different, but our leadership is highly focused on creating an environment polar opposite to your review. At Groundswell, our Consulting Mission is to provide the best results for our clients, and that can often mean sacrificing future work. We are focused on building a long term brand that our clients trust; this is one of the many reasons we are an employee based organization and always have been. I highly encourage you to reach out to Management, Leadership, or myself to explain your personal experience. I for one would be very appreciative for this kind of honest and open communication. We cannot improve if we don't understand the concerns. Katie Murray, Communications

"For a job not a career"

I have been working at Groundswell Group full-time

Pros

Nice team and variety of clients

Cons

Good for jobs. Long term progressive career opportunities are reserved for the few favourites. Relationships, and not performance is what decides if you get career opportunities.

Groundswell Group2019-05-28

October 11, 2019Communications & Engagment Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Groundswell, obviously we are sorry to hear you did not see potential for your career during your time with us. In addition to the $4000 training budgets for all employees, soft skills training is offered to all consultants as part of our core curriculum. All that being said, we have identified a gap for formalized employee advancement, and we appreciate your feedback. One of our focuses for 2020 is a formal Consulting Program, with the objective or removing SOME of the subjectivity when it comes to performance management. Staying cutting edge is important to us, not just for our clients technical needs, but our internal programs as well. Thank you again for taking the time.

4. "BI Competency Manager"

Current Employee - BI Competency Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Groundswell Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work!

Cons

Can get a bit busy at times, but still fun.

Groundswell Group2019-05-13

October 11, 2019Communications & Engagment Specialist

"Busy but Fun!"....might need to be our new tagline! Appreciate you taking the time to review. We hope you are still enjoying your career with us.

"Circles of favourites"

I worked at Groundswell Group full-time

Pros

Lunch and learn events are good and are sponsored by the company

Cons

Executive team plays favourites where all the growing and raises go to their circles of favourites. The problem is very visible in the Calgary office with those favourites getting l the credit for everyone's work

Groundswell Group2019-05-22

"Strong Culture - Great Career Development!"

I have been working at Groundswell Group full-time

Pros

Technical career training and personal development opportunities are amazing! I love working with brilliant professionals dedicated to quality work and customer service. By far the best company I have worked for.

Cons

No bad days at Groundswell report.

Advice to Management

Continue to connect, listen and respond to employees at all levels.

Groundswell Group2019-03-25

October 11, 2019Communications & Engagment Specialist

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled to hear your experience at Groundswell has been so positive, Glad to have as part of our team!

"Would not recommend"

I have been working at Groundswell Group full-time

Pros

Great upper management and training benefits.

Cons

Same as a recruitment company. No company culture.

Advice to Management

Middle Management needs to be looked into.

Groundswell Group2019-03-15

"It's all about billing clients"

I worked at Groundswell Group

Pros

Learning technology is good

Cons

A culture of client billing regardless of value. Politics at the leadership levels with favourite circles getting all the growth

Advice to Management

Less politics and more value

Groundswell Group2019-03-20

"Not a good culture"

I have been working at Groundswell Group

Pros

Great people you work with

Cons

Politics not merit is how you get in senior leadership team

Advice to Management

Merits should be how people advance

Groundswell Group2019-03-06

October 11, 2019Communications & Engagment Specialist

Thank you for your review. Groundswell is not 100% free of the dreaded "politics" that all organizations struggle with. That being said, we do feel our focus on psychological safety, and open truthful communication has paid off. Our Leadership team has recently navigated a very difficult year filled with many internal changes and challenges. We do feel 2020 is set to be one of strongest years yet because of the learnings we took from these challenges. I encourage you to open a dialogue with your manager, or even peers should you continue to feel frustrated. Leadership is not boxed at Groundswell. We have MANY leaders without a title, and if you feel you should be one of them, speak up.

"Constant Organizational Changes"

I have been working at Groundswell Group full-time

Pros

$4000 training allowance is awesome, and pay is not bad

Cons

-Constant shuffles in senior leadership and directors shows absence of strategy. -Croniesm -favoutism -Benefits are poor

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy and stay the course

Groundswell Group2019-02-21

October 11, 2019Communications & Engagment Specialist

Good Day, Thank you for your review, we always appreciate the opportunity for improvement. Your statement regarding our organizational changes is accurate, but not something we see as a negative. At Groundswell, if we are not changing, we are not growing. In our industry, to not grow, is to die. Our org structure changes accurately reflects our focus on agility both for your clients, and internally. We do appreciate that direct management changes can be frustrating, and we have identified additional HR support to ensure management transitions are minimal, and supported in a more pragmatic fashion. Thank you again for taking the time.

Found 38 reviews