Cover image for Hill+Knowlton Strategies

Found 534 of over 696 reviews

3.7
Hill+Knowlton Strategies CEO AnnaMaria DeSalva
AnnaMaria DeSalva
Pros
  • "H&K hosts some of the smartest, most brilliant minds I have ever met(in 41 reviews)

• "Really good work life balance compared to other big agencies(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance could be better(in 49 reviews)

• "Long hours , too tasking to achieve(in 50 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team and managers!

16 Oct 2022 - Digital Executive in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team culture, exciting transformation.

Cons

Office space is somewhat clinical.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A lot of room for opportunities

13 Apr 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

As an enabling employee, there's really a lot of room to grow and opportunities to work on. I joined H+K even after seeing all the negative reviews and I must say, the culture has really changed. It is no longer as negative as what others say, senior management has changed and they are empathetic towards their people. Focused more on fostering greater collaborations and not instilling a silo mentality. The current H+K Singapore employees are purely amazing and great to work with. Recognitions are being thrown around the office and even our interns or junior level employees are given a voice to speak up. Work culture has significantly improved since 2020 and we're getting better day by day.

Cons

I would love to say there's nothing negative but that would make this review sound rather fake. Probably the remuneration is quite average? But then again, let's not compare the agency x communications industry with in-house roles.

3. Join the Hill+Knowlton Strategies team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Strong leadership

14 Sep 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great regional leadership that brought the company to a new level.

Cons

Finance says it all and leaving very little space for all other departments to have the flexibility to be productive.

5. 4.0

Great experience

14 Jun 2021 - Executive in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Eye opener - Great team

Cons

- No work life balance - workload

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Culture first

5 May 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trust in the people here is amazing and a great environment to grow

Cons

Nothing much to say here really

7. 2.0

All work no play

28 Mar 2021 - Account Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Global brand name, blue chip accounts

Cons

Long hours, average salary, non collaborative culture, generally a lot of negativity

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 1.0

Disappointment

29 Jan 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues were a bunch of friendly and supportive individuals. Global seems to be willing to pump money into this anti-revenue generating “global hub”

Cons

Too many to even begin writing.

Hill+Knowlton Strategies Response

People + Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our people are our greatest asset, and we’re always looking for ways to enhance the employee experience at H+K. We understand that there’s also areas for improvement and would encourage you to share more feedback with us directly at feedback@hkstrategies.com.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

not investing in talent

2 Nov 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are nice and the culture is family oriented.

Cons

The co is not strategic and is in survival mode now.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid at all costs. It is not worth it.

12 Aug 2020 - Marketing/PR Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

H+K is a global name however this office sadly does not live up to the reputation. The only benefit is if you were to look for another role in another market, H+K is a top player and would add weight to your CV.

Cons

Too many share. Very weak and inexperienced MD, lack of empathy, no direction as a company and sadly they just don't care about the staff. Global and regional teams at H+K don't seem to see the issues or simply don't care about it.

2 people found this review helpful
    11. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Former leadership was great but new management is tyrannical - stop discrediting your former staff

30 Jun 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable leadership over the last four years has been great for the agency and really helped it to recover its reputation and standing in the industry. Hands-on Singaporean MD who worked closely with the clients and all the staff (senior, mid and junior) helped to keep the team motivated. Good directors there gave me many learning opportunities and also helped me to grow professionally. It helped that I could walk into the MD's office or talk to any of my directors any time when I needed guidance or just wanted to talk through personal challenges - that's something rare in an agency environment.

Cons

I only tendered when there was a big change in the senior management team in recent months. After the MD and directors departed, they brought on a H+K alumni as EVP and it became a tyrannical environment. He is abusive, he bullies staff, threatens them and thinks everyone who has an opinion is 'insubordinate' - in the meantime, the regional leadership team stands idly by, condoning this behaviour and sweeping it under the carpet. The only reason why I'm writing this review is that I hope the workplace that I grew so much in really reconsiders its current management choices. It is also unfortunate when the new management discredits the work of the former staff, directors and MD who have departed. That is highly unprofessional. I too am concerned about my reputation after departing. I am giving this review so that the senior leadership can really do something about the new management and that H+K continues to be the great place where I spent my last 2 years.

13 people found this review helpful

Hill+Knowlton Strategies Response

Global Communications + Culture Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience during your last few months with H+K. Fostering a positive culture for all employees is extremely important to us, and we’d like to learn more to help us improve. Please email us at feedback@hkstrategies.com so we can continue the conversation. We hope to hear from you soon.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 534 Reviews
    </>Embed

Hill+Knowlton Strategies Reviews FAQs

Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 696 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hill+Knowlton Strategies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hill+Knowlton Strategies. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

63% of Hill+Knowlton Strategies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hill+Knowlton Strategies 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Hill+Knowlton Strategies Job Seekers