Just Education Reviews

Updated 13 Nov 2019

3.3
  1. "Friendly, Fun, Flexible Working Environment for Part-timers"

5.0

I worked at Just Education part-time

Pros

- Friendly and family-like working environment, people will look out for your best interests at heart. - Student care and relief teaching was a joy as you get to share your knowledge with the children - Curriculum planning and operations staff are understanding and professional in dealing with work. - Very flexible and accommodating bosses will help to schedule your work to best suit your schedule and their manpower needs. - My boss helped to find more work between different departments so that I could support something I was working towards at that time. - CEO uses a very bottom-up approach and will come in to interact with the kids every now and then, and converses with you casually. - They will still remember your efforts even after you leave.

Cons

- Market rate pay for part-timers, although still reasonable. - Working hours start late from 1pm and ends at night, so this could be a con or a pro - Probation for 3 months before they increase your pay slightly. However, it was a good incentive system as well.

2. "A great place to work at"

4.0

I worked at Just Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a great place to work at for part-time

Cons

There is actually no downside to it

"Full Time Staff"

I worked at Just Education full-time

Pros

No pros, average company with more cons

Cons

Biased management, basically you need to be very close to the boss (have fun with him) for promotion and V.B. Management does not appreciate hard work. Poor leadership and management which is not open to suggestions and not people oriented. Poor performance appraisal system which is not transparent and biased. HR is not listening to the employees and will delete real negative reviews of the company on job seeking portals

4. "Part time Teacher"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Just Education for more than 3 years

Pros

Able to negotiate schedule of classes every year during students promotion

Cons

Due to contractual obligations, unpaid leave is fixed

5. "Very standard job"

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Singapore

I worked at Just Education part-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a very standard front desk job. you'll have to print worksheets, answer sheets, do cold calling

Cons

A bit disorganised though its workable

Continue reading
  6. "Average pay. Little increment"

2.0

I have been working at Just Education full-time

Pros

The colleagues are really why most people are staying in this company. Nice working environment as in the people are nice, but not the office itself.

Cons

Little increment. Employees are not treated fairly. Pay is too little considering how much they are squeezing out of their staff.

7. "A terrible employer"

Former Employee - Customer Service Officer

I worked at Just Education part-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary was okay. Tutors were quite nice.

Cons

Was with them for more than a year. Helped out a lot when they were extremely short-handed. Out of goodwill, I even accepted 2-hour slots because they needed manpower (just imagine how LITTLE I could earn from that - not even worth the traveling). Yet when they eventually found a full timer for the branch, and some new part timers, they stopped scheduling me for work and did not even contact me for my availability anymore. What a cold and unfeeling company. Also, some of the branches have the worst working environment - very very rundown.

8. "Good for interns"

5.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I worked at Just Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment, helpful colleagues. Good work life balance because of flexible off days and working hours. Highly recommend for everyone.

Cons

Long working hours. Need to be able to work in noisy environment. Low salary. Short handed sometimes will be very busy

9. "good part-time"

I worked at Just Education

Pros

Pay and job scope is good for part-time work

Cons

Not much for part-time, except maybe a need for regular commitment every week

10. "Good environment, poor system"

I worked at Just Education full-time

Pros

Good environment and friendly colleague to work with. Company always organize events for personal training, Company culture, Christmas, Team building, D&D, oversea training and other events like Bowling club, reading club, movie club

Cons

Poor system to work in, sometimes a job need to double work and it's caused inefficiency in the system. Pay is quite low too.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews