Klook Travel Reviews

3.6
Klook Travel CEO and Co-Founder Ethan Lin
Ethan Lin
Pros
Cons
  • "Klook is not the right place if you want stability and predictability(in 19 reviews)

• "Do no expect work-life balance if you're applying for it(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Director, Learning & Development in Singapore

I have been working at Klook Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to think of creative solutions to improve our processes and methods, and I feel a great sense of achievement at seeing how quickly ideas get turned into real action! I also get to work with an incredible team of curious, helpful and committed individuals that share a common goal of achieving the best outcome for the company!

Cons

A lot happens quickly in our environment, so it's important to build a network and stay connected. Personally, I see this as more of a pro than a con! :)

September 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We love to hear that you've enjoyed the opportunity to think of creative solutions and that you get a sense of achievement from seeing your ideas brought into life. Freedom to innovate and ownership to turn visions into reality is what we're all about here at Klook. Thank you for all your contributions to the team!

2. "Fast Paced Company with Many Opportunities"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Klook Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tech savvy and great acceptance to diversified ideas. Rooms given to Employees to grow, be creative and learn knowledge from outside work scope. It encourages Employees to stretch and share their views, achieve the impossible. Great company if you like changes, varieties and achieve self actualization.

Cons

Fast paced environment and many programs/project deadlines to meet. The volume of work is not for the fainted hearted.

October 22, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Career growth is really important to us so we love to hear that you have plenty of opportunities for growth and learning at Klook. Thank you for all your hard work at Klook, it's great to have you on the team!

3. COVID-19

"Dynamic and full of opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at Klook Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

- My manager does care for my wellbeing and growth - Working with driven and capable people who aim high - Despite business being impacted by COVID19, colleagues are resilent - I can see positive changes in communication and transparency

Cons

- Org structure is complicated - Multiple reorganizations in a span of a short time can take a toll

October 4, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We've been working hard on improving communication and transparency so we're happy to hear you've noticed a positive change in those areas. And we couldn't agree more that Klookers have been remarkably resilient and driven despite this year's difficulties. Thank you for your contributions to the team, it's great to have you at Klook!

"Full of energy"

Current Employee - Director in Singapore

I have been working at Klook Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone pulls together and does what it takes. Especially in the past couple of months it has been clear that most of us are focused on customers. We are busy building the company and products that we see are important in the short and long term. I enjoy helping with novel solutions.

Cons

Klook is not the right place if you want stability and predictability.

September 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Like you say, the last few months have been an exercise in collaboration and we're really proud of how the team came together to tackle the challenge. Thank you for all your hard work at Klook!

"Nothing exciting to share about"

I worked at Klook Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, fun and dynamic culture

Cons

I wish the company could appreciate the employees more.

September 25, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love our fun and dynamic culture at Klook so it's great to hear you mention that. We also agree that employee recognition is incredibly important. We've rolled out several new processes and initiatives this year to build a strong recognition culture and we will continue working on more. Thank you for all your contributions to the team and all the best in your future endeavors!

"Fast paced work culture"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Klook Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Motivated team, collaborative and friendly colleagues

Cons

Too many layers for senior management and some of them don't get along, causing a sandwiched middle management and lost junior team members

September 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We're lucky to have an incredible team here at Klook so it's great to hear you recognize and appreciate your colleagues. As for the organizational structure, we constantly re-evaluate and adjust to meet the needs of a growing company. It's still work in progress to figure out the best setup so please bear with us and keep the constructive feedback coming! Thank you for your hard work at Klook, lovely to have you here!

"Great working culture"

Former Employee - Executive

I worked at Klook Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people and environment. Startup culture

Cons

Hectic workloads, chasing deadlines over and over again.

August 20, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re happy to read that you enjoyed the working environment and the startup culture at Klook. Thanks for all your contributions to the team and all the best in your future endeavors!

"Klook Travel"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I worked at Klook Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

have a dynamic and young culture and comrades are nice

Cons

Top down approach, does not encourage sharing out ideas, managers are not supportive and no transparency in setting goals and objectives

September 25, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Sharing ideas and openly giving feedback is essential in building the best possible product so this is something we care deeply about. We're working hard to build an open sharing culture at the company and we're constantly rolling out new initiatives towards that goal. Thank you for all your hard work and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

9. COVID-19

"Better to look elsewhere"

1.0

I worked at Klook Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a good manager who gave me learning opportunities. Some colleagues are nice.

Cons

Where should I start? There is something wrong with the management when they: - Care more about keeping their retrenchment news a secret, than about the welfare of retrenched employees who lost their livelihood - Lay off people and proceed to post job openings on LinkedIn in the same month - Want to find out who leaked the retrenchment news when they should care more about WHY people are leaking the news - Care more about their glassdoor ratings and not why their current employees have low morale (also covering up bad reviews with good reviews) - Still haven’t learnt how to handle the second retrenchment properly after how badly they did the first one In difficult times, you see the true competencies of the management team. Unfortunately, Klook appeared to be promising in good times but this covid has proven otherwise. You are not treating your employees humanely if you give them only 5 hours to handover their work and say their goodbyes. In some countries, we get furloughed without a single cent and that is all we get? I get laid off without my manager knowing? Can you even call yourself HR when you lack empathy? Career progression - Don’t expect to get promoted easily. Hard work will not get rewarded. Employees who have been in the company for long get promoted every year while the rest just watch. - Increments, bonus and salary are below market average Company direction - Changes continuously, especially due to indecisive management. Investors have a huge role to play in this - Not sure why some teams are even around, especially at this period of time, do you need 3 teams working on the same thing? Layoff selection was definitely unfair :O - Klook always strives to be the next airbnb haha, clearly the company is far from that Others - Lack of transparency within the company, title is over-emphasised in this company. It is painfully obvious that only certain ranks get access to information. Very Asian way of management. - Watch the employees backstab each other while fighting to keep their jobs.

September 17, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. We are aware of how important transparency is to our staff so we've made it a priority this year to enable a more open culture at the company. We launched several new initiatives in the second half of the year to keep everyone better informed and aligned on our strategy and direction, and we will continue working on more. Thank you for all your hard work at Klook and we wish you the best in your future endeavors!

"Still a great company with vision and potential"

I have been working at Klook Travel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced, exciting and genuinely looking make an impact Lots of smart people around to work with and learn from

Cons

Indeed, the organization has went through a rapid growth phase and will need to catch up on organizational structure, management, people issues, communication, etc. It is easy to identify areas of improvement but for others who have been in other startups, these are common growing pains of a startup journey. Confident that the founders are committed to addressing all issues as they arise and continue to grow from strength to strength

Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 English Reviews