Marex Employee Reviews about "fees"

Updated Jan 24, 2018

Found 3 of over 86 reviews

3.8
Marex CEO Ian Lowitt (no image)
Ian Lowitt
Pros
  • "Exciting work environment, good people(in 4 reviews)

• "Nice people and work/life balance(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Management will overpromise and paint a beautiful picture of how there isn't enough brokers to cover clients and there will be fair client distribution(in 3 reviews)

• "They charge you minimum fees in order to compensate for the loss of traders and thus revenues(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "fees"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Marex Pro Trader Division

Jan 24, 2018 - Futures Trader in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Solid infrastructure. -Any problems are being dealt immediately. -Safe company to hold a big account. - Desks are the biggest one on offer in the market(I have tried some places...)!

Cons

-When I left (2014) the trading floor was literally empty. It is much worse right now (I still have some contacts there) and it feels like a cemetery. - They charge you minimum fees in order to compensate for the loss of traders and thus revenues. - No flexibility with margin. Unless you have a very large account then you may struggle to cover costs.

2 people found this review helpful

Marex Response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share valuable insight as a client using our pro-trader service.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

It is loosing it's edge. I am reviewing as a former client.

Jun 10, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a client trader, anything that can affect trades directly, is dealt with promptly. They offer competitive rates on commission, a positive for high volume traders. The infrastructure is solid as it can get.

Cons

Monthly desk fees are high in a day and age where they should not need to be. Access through VPN to trade remotely is also way too expensive. There was a minimum commission fee put in place, on top of the desk fees. Seemed as a desperate move to charge small amounts to clients who are not high volume. The overall environment on the floor is a negative one as more traders have left the last couple of years than ever before.

1 person found this review helpful

Marex Response

Thanks for your feedback and advice – we really appreciate client feedback. I am pleased you found the infrastructure solid and you received a prompt service at critical times.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pro Trader Division

Apr 28, 2016 - Futures Trader in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent infrastructure. The best I have encountered. The support staff try very hard to help the traders. Good IT infrastructure too. Connections to exchanges are fast and reliable. I made lots of good friends on the trading floor.

Cons

Office is half full. During times when the markets are not busy, it can sometimes feel like you are the only one there. This is partly due to market conditions, but high desk fees on top of software costs don't help.

2 people found this review helpful

Marex Response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share valuable insight as a self-employed trader using our pro trader service.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews