Mews Reviews

Found 94 of over 116 reviews

4.4
Mews CEO Matthijs Welle
Matthijs Welle
Pros
  • "Lovely company culture - very friendly(in 7 reviews)

• "Really nice culture and great people(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As a rapidly growing company, things can be too fast paced for some(in 7 reviews)

• "fast growing company(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

I recommend Mews!

Jul 7, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited holidays, lovely people, and a great atmosphere!

Cons

In my opinion, none :)

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

not for me but definetly worth applying to

May 13, 2021 - Customer Success Executive in Prague
      Business Outlook

Pros

unlimited paid holidays, great direct management and very nice team mates, interesting tools to work with,innovative product

Cons

lack of any freedom to make decisions about refunds or discounts/promotions, for customers, this is more a sales then advisory and customer advocate position, colleagues with longer history in the company could be reminded to be proactive and supportive team members (since we are all ONE team) - they should set an example!

Mews Response

Thanks for your review. As you probably know we have just hired a new amazing Chief Customer Officer who will help put our customers at the heart of our company focus. I agree that the pandemic has been hard on Mews and its customers and unfortunately we have had to make hard decisions which are not always popular. Luckily we are coming out positively, and I hope you will too. Regards, Matt/CEO Mews

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

It's like mewsic to my ears!

Apr 22, 2021 - Employee Experience Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

As well as the openly listed pro's that Mews share in their job postings- Unlimited holiday, flexible working and participation in their employee equity programme, there is a very open culture and the people are friendly, all the way up to leadership. There is a real focus on employee wellbeing and this message reverberates through the delivery of their health and wellness programs.

Cons

Not a con as per say, but if you're not the type who enjoys a fun, dynamic, fast paced working environment then it may not be the correct fit.

Mews Response

Nice, so happy to read this. Thanks for leaving a review. Matt/CEO

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for. Open communication, clear strategy, inclusive culture.

Mar 7, 2021 - Director M&A Sales in Brugge, West Flanders, West Flanders
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at other multi-nationals & and having run my own business for many years, I must say Mews is really a unique company. Mews is a company with an open communication culture & respect for every person in the business. They practice communication as to the business goals and strategy and the expected path to success. Empowerment is enabled within the job boundaries. Attention to career options and career path confirms confidence in the team members and it greatly values each individual whilst triggering curiosity and an atmosphere of continuous learning and evolution. Moreover, it proves that change (in the sense of improving) is for the better and should be embraced.

Cons

Not really. If you do not like change, then Mews will be challenging. (But I love change and improving.)

Mews Response

Love reading this so much, great to hear you enjoy our unique culture of openness and ambition. Matt/CEO

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I ever work at

Mar 6, 2021 - Senior Director, Global Customer Success in Barcelona
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company do not just have some values on paper, they are serious about it and you don't need to play any kind of politics. You will be respected at all times and heard even when you have a different opinion. Nobody is discriminated by any reason and opportunities are equal for everybody. The company and management team cares about the team health and wellness and dedicate the resources needed to improve. Information is shared company-wide and this is awesome, never saw such a level of transparency in other companies.

Cons

Mews is still growing and scaling up in a fast-pace. Not everybody fits into this kind of companies so be aware you will be asked to perform at a high level and deliver great results. On the other side, you will get a lot from the company too in terms of benefits, flexibility, support and tools.

6. 5.0

Review

Jun 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Prague
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing place to work. Great culture, awesome people.

Cons

Office is a bit ugly

Mews Response

Thanks for the review! We will be giving the Prague office a little overhaul later this year, to ensure it aligns with our new branding. Hope you will like it more :-) Matt/CEO Mews

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Inspiring and transparent company

Mar 8, 2021 - Head of Backend in Prague
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mews has an incredibly open and welcoming culture with transparent leadership. The career development possibilities are enormous and the salary is above average. Work-life balance is awesome. However, working with like-minded and ambitious people is what I appreciate the most about it.

Cons

Even though Mews is a stable company, it is also pretty young, which might be a problem, especially if you are used to a corporate environment. Sometimes things can change quite quickly also, which is a good thing for me but might not be for someone else.

Mews Response

Thanks for this great review, really happy to hear you are enjoying the culture and being around some really ambitious team members. Matt/CEO

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Start up company

May 4, 2021 - Client Facing Role
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good community. Unlimited holidays. Flexibility in work location (this was before the virus)

Cons

If you are not based in the HQ, Prague, forget to be able to move upwards or even too much sidewards (and this before the virus situation hit the world). Years after the company was founded, the excuse of being a start-up was used on many occasions. People tend to be underpaid after being benchmarked.

Mews Response

Thanks for your review. I guess in early 2020 this was true, we had limited space for promotions, as we stopped hiring, however as the year unfolded and our growth continued, this created a huge amount of opportunities across all locations. Currently we have 50 roles open, and this means lots of space for growth internally. I hope you landed well! Matt/CEO Mews

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was awesome, until Covid

Oct 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Prague
      Business Outlook

Pros

Before Covid: open, flat and straightforward company. Super fun to be part of. Management were leaders (not bosses). Mews used to make sure you get what you need to succeed in your role without putting so much pressure on procedures, but on results. Unlimited holidays and amount of (business) trips made your life easier. But yes, all of these got to an end in March 2020.

Cons

Poor salary; Mews compares itself with hospitality companies (and it’s not), Mews should compare itself with TECH companies (where average salaries are much higher). Since the very beginning they trusted in people, people that helped them build the dream, same people who got laid off in a couple of days during Corona. The only thing that keeps you in the company now is a permanent contract, and unfortunately only the Managing Director’s friends get them. In February (during the yearly team outing) everything was fun, great, full of hope and promising. By the end of March everything was about “cutting heads” as soon as possible in order to save money -> money that the company used to burn in unnecessary things (because we got 30+ €M, as a trendy SaaS “Dutch” company). Dutch company because of taxes, Czech company because of low salaries. PS: inclusion shouldn’t only be about sexual orientation.

Mews Response

Thanks for your review. I am sorry you were impacted also by the necessary decisions are made due to Covid which had a severe impact on our industry. Unfortunately the picture at Mews changed overnight mid-March when all borders closed overnight and majority of hotels shut. The decisions are made were for the good of the company and in order to retain as many team members as possible, but unfortunately this did impact some amazing talent as well. As we come out of the crisis we will definitely start hiring and we have already brought back some of the amazing team members in the last weeks. Hang in there! Matt/CEO

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love working for Mews and would recommend it to everyone.

Mar 6, 2021 - Technical Sales Engineer in Brugge, West Flanders, West Flanders
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mews is a great place to work. The open atmosphere, the incredible talented people, the goal to always become better, greater. As a company but also as a product. Mews is family.

Cons

There are no disadvantages. Mews is great.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews