Cover image for Mixed Realms

100% Recommend to a Friend

Found 13 of over 13 reviews

4.7

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Management is approachable and receptive to feedback, fostering a supportive atmosphere.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
    1. 5.0
      5 Apr 2023
      Game Developer
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Singapore
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a full-time game developer at Mixed Realms, I've had the opportunity to work with a talented and passionate team. The company is dedicated to creating innovative gaming experiences, and the work environment encourages collaboration and open communication. Mixed Realms focuses on employee growth and development. Management is approachable and receptive to feedback, fostering a supportive atmosphere. Working at Mixed Realms is a rewarding experience, as the team is committed to pushing the boundaries of gaming. I highly recommend Mixed Realms to anyone passionate about game development and looking to contribute to groundbreaking gaming experiences.

Cons

Busy schedules: Fast-paced projects can lead to occasional periods of high stress and longer hours. Not often, but sometimes, which is expected in this industry. Resource constraints: As a growing company, resources or budget might be limited, requiring creative problem-solving.

1. 5.0
        5 Jan 2023
        Freelance Artist
        Former Freelancer, less than 1 year
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Worked as a freelance 3d artist and modelled several props for the game. - full time staffs were all very friendly and patient - patient in teaching you their workflow pipeline - art director is also very patient and teaches alot of new knowledge. Gives constructive feedback without condemning or being harshy critical - gives reasonable deadlines. - can tell how passionate the staffs are towards their games! - meaningful work

Cons

- things can take a while to get approved since it not only needs to be approved by the art director, but also the creative director and other departments. This causes alot of back and forth and sometimes lots of different conflicting feedback, and also takes a while to receive all the feedback. - concept art given to 3d model can be rough/unclear, which causes some problems when trying to translate it to 3d. Ends up dragging the duration of the pipeline because extra time is needed to solve these problems.

2. Join the Mixed Realms team

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

193.9K

Software Engineer

I did my initial interview with a “better established” startup and they said the interview process is 5 interviews. 3 technical then 1 interview with the CEO then another technical interview. Idk about you but that seems like a lot of interviews and they said they want to do it as fast as possible in a short time span. Is this a normal amount of interviews? Is this a red flag? For a full stack software position 4-5 years exp how much salary should be the norm in a hcol area?

0 Comments

Business Analyst

Is it unprofessional to attend a Zoom interview from within your car? I am currently employed and just landed an interview for tomorrow. It is a virtual interview over Zoom. Should I try to find somewhere besides my car for the interview? I don't know that I could but wanted to get yalls thoughts on this.

2 Comments

Public Relations Account Supervisor

Has talent acquisition ever called you after a final interview to inform you that you DIDN’T receive the position?

1 Comment

Glassdoor has 13 Mixed Realms reviews submitted anonymously by Mixed Realms employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Mixed Realms is right for you.