Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

4.3
Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh
Pros
Cons
  • "Abnormally high turnover from senior management down to the bottom(in 15 reviews)

• "Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Long term career progression"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great relationships with global companies as well as SME's, the MMK brand makes it easy to open doors to new clients - Candidates and clients alike, clearly trust the MMK brand - Welcoming sales floor, collaborative and everyone is working towards a clear goal - Clear career progression and many examples of long-standing recruiters within the business (10 years+), unheard of in other agencies - Flexible... working is accepted - you feel trusted as an employee

Cons

Nothing to report back at the moment

Morgan McKinley2019-05-23

May 30, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted that you feel that there is excellent career progression here, as well as a welcoming and friendly community at Morgan McKinley... long may it continue! Please do reach out if there is anything you feel we can improve on. We wish you all the best in your career with us.

"A fun, collaborative and open communicative culture, that drives high performance."

Current Employee - Associate Director in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only recruitment company in Singapore that leads and incentivises, through its core values, as well as commercial targets; Always Committed Always Communicating Always Building Trust Always Embracing Change *Open communication style for all *Entrepreneurial *Highly encouraged collaborative style *Lovely people, friendly and caring *Fun! *Management constantly drives high standards *Open to ideas... and feedback *Always improving *Multicultural office *A global company that encourages mobility *Very in-touch with the Singapore market *Everyone has access to a laptop/Linked in recruiter - investment in all recruitment tools required

Cons

Senior Management/Director team only has one female, however, a group of diverse Associate Managers are coming through, currently.

Advice to Management

*Continue to drive collaboration between teams *Continue to encourage an open communication style *Constantly keep abreast with each team/s market, understanding the differences between them all, and what is required to ensure each and every team is successful.

Morgan McKinley2019-10-09
  3. "Excellent Organisation!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Credit to an excellent leadership team of Associate Managers and Directors who have created a fantastic, collaborative and fun culture at MM. Like all businesses, there will be ups and downs and people will always want things that they cannot always have, however Morgan McKinley do their very best to accommodate and more importantly listen to everyone. Recent things like work-space benches, coffee machines, daily... fruit, as well as fun boards for month / quarter end wraps and never ending incentives. Recruitment is tough and some days it's a drag coming to work, but coming to work around high performing, ethical and great people is always a plus! MM is definitely an innovative, boutique feel with a large infrastructure and is going places in 2020! The Director team are doing a great job in working with the junior managers and also listening to the consultants, assessing training needs and really investing in their staff. Looking forward to more success next year!!

Cons

Occasionally too many incentives!!! ;)

Advice to Management

Keep the high energy, keep the fun culture and keep listening to what people want. It's no surprise that we have had very few leavers and only to in-house roles. There is a reason we are attracting from the competition and not losing people to the competition. We invest when we need to invest and are market leaders in the spaces we are in. You set good examples but also work with no hierarchy. Yes, we know you... are the bosses of the company but it does not always feel that way (in a good way!) and this is something a number of consultants have said is great about this business. I am proud to work for such a values driven organisation who treat your staff with the upmost respect! Go MM!!

Morgan McKinley2019-09-19

October 1, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time with the business and it's great that you rate and value our culture and management so highly too. We wish you all the best for a successful, fun and rewarding career with Morgan McKinley!

4. "Working in MMK Singapore"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

If you're looking for a company who values their employee's opinions and welfare, a MD that encourages you to work hard and play hard, a manager who genuinely cares about your career progression and well being, team mates that help each other, and colleagues who feel like family, then MMK is the place to be!!

Cons

Systems can be quite slow sometimes, but nothing IT helpdesk can't fix!

Morgan McKinley2019-09-04

October 9, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review - we appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that our values and the welfare of our employees is something you have highlighted positively. We wish you every success in your career with Morgan McKinley.

5. "Working in Morgan McKinley Singapore"

Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture in Morgan McKinley Singapore is very collaborative, fun, and open to sharing - thanks to the MD, who makes it point to cultivate such values. The incentive schemes are attractive. There is a lot of trust placed by the management to the employees, resulting in good work-life balance and flexibility. Employee feedback is encouraged and valued. Definitely the place you'd want to be in if you... want to pursue Recruitment as a career.

Cons

There really are no cons.

Morgan McKinley2019-07-31

October 2, 2019Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and star rating. It has great to hear how positively you think of Morgan McKinley and we wish you the best of luck for the future.

6. "Good place to work with clear opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly people and supportive culture Managers listen to their people and try to help and support Management seem to be trying hard to be bringing in new ideas and delivering on feedback around career development Collaboration between teams is improving alot

Cons

Office is old and can get dusty Only senior people have laptops

Advice to Management

Things have improve a lot since I join last year when there was some negative vibes, but seems to be a different place now and quite happy to have joined. Management must keep pushing forward on the things they talk about and make sure they deliver and is not all talk no action.

Morgan McKinley2019-05-28

"Attrition is high, managers and senior consults overly trusted, being left unchecked"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility in timing given to those who bill well, some free coffee or tea in pantry, occasionally fruit. Decent office. Staff disappear freely from work, no questions asked although this should be a con.

Cons

Political. Management seem unable to retain good talent. Resignations rampant. Too many KPIs, not much trust....

Advice to Management

Directors are directors for a reason. Be fair! Apply everything to everyone! Do your job by looking into breeding problems, manage your managers and senior consultants, not leave them freely & unchecked! You can’t trust them simply because they have been there long enough. In a sales environment, you should monitor their time and tasks. Calendars must reflect promptly if staff disappear from work. Big Clue for... the Director aight! Enough said.

Morgan McKinley2019-05-01

May 28, 2019People Director

Thank you for posting your feedback. It’s concerning and disappointing to read your views. We take all feedback seriously, and I would really welcome the opportunity to learn about your experience in more detail - please contact me directly and confidentiality at awebb@morganmckinley.co.uk

"Super high turnover, poor management etc"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Central location, incentive trips (too billers only), free parties (management spend crazy on parties, drinks, everything charging to company freely).

Cons

Multiple employees resign every month. People get scolded on the floor openly, even with profanity. Management busy billing, they have rise competition internally with a sporting score board to shame lower performers, to dislodged many internal relations and raise conflicts. Added politics and people always have to watch their backs. People hunting to add to their targets by snatching work acomplished by other... team. They have also make people (basically fire) and the employees dun even have chance to pack bags and leave with dignity.

Advice to Management

Do not act unprofessionally when people resign. Do it gracefully. Allow them to serve notice. SCRUB and grill your “managers” & SCs. Stop allowing bad behaviors at desks. The loud ones especially., so not do work diligently but pin their reporting line down badly. Ask yourself, do they bill? Or are just making noises to distract yourself? Take feedback from your more junior staff, they see the most & will... help you improve managing your business.

Morgan McKinley2019-04-21

May 17, 2019Global Head of HR

I am very disappointed and concerned to read some of your comments and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail. Please contact me directly and confidentially at hgallagher@morganmckinley.com

9. "Good employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mostly contracting , no medical benefits

Cons

No problem , work with flexibility

Morgan McKinley2019-03-29

April 8, 2019Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review; we appreciate you sharing your experience.

10. "Great culture & people"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Singapore

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Collaborative working environment -Helpful and friendly colleagues -Focus on teamwork, fun team building/ bonding activities -Strong market presence -Pretty good work life balance, not obligated to OT

Cons

-Very fast paced environment to stay ahead in the game (pretty much everywhere in the recruitment scene) -Could offer a better placement fees scheme for Associate Consultant

Morgan McKinley2018-10-25

October 25, 2018Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback. It's great to read about your positive experience working in our Singapore office and we wish you all the best for the future.

Found 311 reviews