Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2020

4.2
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Joseph R. Sivewright
Joseph R. Sivewright
Pros
  • "High level of importance placed on work / life balance(in 262 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • "Days can be long but there is support to find work life balance(in 92 reviews)

• "Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover(in 22 reviews)

1. "National Account Executive"

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Outstanding people, good culture and opportunities for advancement

Cons

Huge multinational, lots of meetings, not very agile

August 28, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We agree, the culture among our associates is second to none. Know that removing work that does not add value, in some cases that would be meetings, is a priority as we become a more agile organization.

2. "Great place to work. Plenty of time off"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Mechanicsburg, PA

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Time off is very well

Cons

Could pay salary more wages

3. "Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company values, respect for the employee

Cons

Too bureaucratic, sometimes it gets difficult to overcome it and reach your owns work objectives.

4. "A Company with Vision, Strategy, Strong & Positive Culture focused on People and Leading"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Last month I celebrated my 15th anniversary working for Nestle Purina and it is a milestone of which I am very proud. I often get asked why I have stayed with one company for so long and what I love most about Purina. It's easy to answer that question, because over my 15 years with Nestle Purina, I have consistently been stretched, developed and challenged. The organization has given me plentiful opportunities for growth and I have gladly accepted them. In my 15 years, I have held a variety of roles in the organization -- from consumer research to brand marketing to global digital and ebusiness innovation. These experiences have not only allowed me to contribute more and more to the organization, but also helped me grow as a person. I have learned new skills and have been provided the opportunity to lead people and help develop others, one of my most favorite and rewarding parts of my job. My time at Purina also has been enhanced in large part because of the people that work for the company. I have been surrounded by very intelligent, creative and resourceful colleagues who are highly passionate about what they do, the company they work for and the consumers and pets lives we impact. I also am surrounded by leadership who realize that their strategic vision for the future of the company is based in the team of people they hire and cultivate. Of course, there are other reasons, including but not limited to a great city to live in (Saint Louis), a beautiful campus to work on and robust benefits. I never tire of seeing and hearing people’s reactions to the benefit of being able to bring your pet to work. I would strongly encourage you to look at Nestle Purina and see if it feels like a right fit for you. I could not be happier that I chose to join the organization 15 years ago and I am excited for our future.

Cons

As a large organization with many moving pieces we continue to work hard to increase our flexibility and speed to market. We've made a lot of progress and we believe there is more runway left.

June 24, 2020Human Resources

First, thank you for your 15 years of dedication to Nestle Purina, what an accomplishment! Learning never stops, and your career path is a perfect testament to the significance of the career development tools and opportunities available to our employees. You also mention a need for flexibility and speed – we couldn’t agree more. Project Agility aims to provide that speed by defining decision ownership space and removing non-value added work. We appreciate your feedback and encouragement for others who are a great fit to consider us as an employer of choice. Thank you!

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Production Data Coordinator in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of vacation time and good benefits.

Cons

Not many opportunities to advance unless you want to move straight into management.

June 15, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your experience here in Mechanicsburg. We’re proud to offer competitive PTO packages and benefits to our associates and we’re happy to see you feel rewarded there. Our PTO package allows our employees to spend time with their families as well as time to recharge throughout the year when necessary. Climbing a career ladder can be challenging, but with developmental resources like trainings and eLearnings, obtaining those next steps in your career are reachable. Thanks again for your feedback!

6. "You will learn with Nestle tools to improve and develop your skills."

Current Employee - Senior Demand Planner in Bogotá, Bogota
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interaction with several multitasking teams.

Cons

New management with not enough expertise.

Continue reading
  7. "Processing operator"

Current Employee - Operator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training, good communication and good benefits

Cons

a lot of labor work

June 10, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Nestle Purina team in Denver! We believe in developing and training our people, and we’re pleased to hear you have been able to experience this. Our company is only as strong as our employees, and we’re becoming stronger every day. We recognize that labor is a part of the job, we hope that you’ll utilize time off and the other benefits you mentioned to stay well, re-energize, and most importantly work safely. Please continue to provide your feedback to help elevate your experiences, it’s always appreciated!

8. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Production

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

It was an awesome job

Cons

There was nothing wrong here

June 10, 2020Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your role in production. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your job here and we wish you the best in your career journey, and we’d love for you to consider us in the future https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch. Thanks, again!

9. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Facing Supply Chain Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, Opportunities, Bonus, Culture, Work Life Balance

Cons

As a large company decisions can take longer than necessary.

June 8, 2020Human Resources

Benefits and culture can be deciding factors when making a career choice, so we’re pleased to hear our benefits closely align with your unique needs. Large companies come with many opportunities, and a few pitfalls – we’re working overtime on Project Agility to ensure timely decision making and ownership. Hope to hear about it’s impact in future feedback – thank you!

10. ""Career" Company"

Current Employee - Factory Manager

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Culture and work environment are outstanding. I appreciate how we have adjusted as an organization over the past couple of years, to better position ourselves in our market. Overall benefits are great, and I'm proud to work for this company.

Cons

Base compensation levels can make it challenging to attract and retain talent.

Continue reading

June 8, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for your 10+ years of service at Nestle Purina. Our people are our top priority, and we make sure our culture and environment are ever-changing to the needs of our employees. Our compensation decisions are based off of many factors including, research and market data, experience, as well as the employee’s unique skills. These factors are also continuously reevaluated to make sure we’re making a competitive offer in terms of base pay. As always, we appreciate your feedback and encourage you to continue providing it!

Found 1229 reviews