Nutanix Reviews

Updated 13 Jan 2021

3.9
Nutanix CEO Rajiv Ramaswami
Rajiv Ramaswami
Pros
  • "Much more an 'Ask for Forgiveness' than 'Request Permission' work culture (a core value is Bias For Action)(in 59 reviews)

• "WFH helps you to maintain work life balance(in 45 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great Management Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Singapore

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is well paid. Employee benefit is super.

Cons

Long Working hours and a lot of unnecessary meetings

Nutanix Response

November 25, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear it has been positive overall. If you haven't already, we encourage you to connect with your manager to discuss the concerns you raised around hours and meetings. Be sure to take time off as you need it and to take advantage of our quarterly wellbeing day off too! Thanks for being a part of the team.

"Think twice, even thrice before joining"

2.0
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Singapore

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good product, scope for growing market share Lots of work on offer, raise your hand and take up responsibility.

Cons

Pathetic senior and middle mgmt - riddled in politics Two-faced management promise the sky when it comes to growth scope and opportunity for earning good commissions. They suck out the highest level of commitment from employees, and unfortunately when the employee brings in the deal $$, they find excuses to not compensate them on the entitled OTE!!! They don't even follow their own rules on comm caps - sometimes soft cap, sometimes hard cap. And the mgmt arbitrarily reverses their own approval processes to suit their compensation goals. Not that employees have any course of redressing such situations either. This is the most irredeemable flaw of the company. Definitely not a Company to look at from career progression perspective. There is no defined path and middle mgmt is often toothless to be able to implement growth plans for employees. Global/top mgmt as well as operations mgrs are lazy and do nothing except create barriers to success and growth.

Nutanix Response

January 15, 2021The Nutanix Team

Thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate honesty and value any input that can help us grow. Similarly, we believe employees are our biggest customer and would like to take time to clarify the points you raised. We strongly believe in “Pay for Performance”, and we are delighted to compensate our sales team above OTE when contributions exceed expectations. At the same time, we are always monitoring our compensation plans and designs to ensure business objectives are met.  Thank you again for your feedback to help us become a better organization. We would also like to extend the opportunity for you to discuss this topic further with your Manager or People Business Partner. It would definitely help us understand the issue better, and hopefully provide solutions to address the concerns you raised. We hope to hear from you soon.

3. "awesome"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Singapore

I have been working at Nutanix full-time

Pros

Great company. Its a great place to work

Cons

No cons. The company is the best place

4. "Great working place"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Nutanix full-time

Pros

Learning opportunity and friendly colleagues

Cons

Can't think of any now

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Singapore

I have been working at Nutanix full-time

Pros

Growing quickly, start up vibe

Cons

Teething challenges as it grows into an enterprise

6. "Great Company to work in"

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Taking care of Customers , rarely a thing in the industry. great product and engineering

Cons

Perhaps is the taking care of current old timers. Otherwise, the CEO has a great vision.

"Not a single company is perfect"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative

I worked at Nutanix full-time

Pros

Great Colleagues (All around the world) Great Trainings (1 week in HQ/1 week for SKO / Great materials available online) Great Benefits (Stock option/ Medical coverage/ High commission)

Cons

Confused Middle Management (Communication not in sync with organisations, and also no ear to listen, does not take responsibility on it) Organisational Politics (Country and Job role manager not in sync) Weak Human Resource Position (Protect management not employee)

Continue reading

"Stop and review before it is too late"

2.0

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

A fast growing company. Great product. Draw prospect attention to the product .

Cons

Stop hiring every Tom, D and Harry from VMware and EMC. Sometimes they are not as great as what they seems. Their arrogant attitude and their sweet talk means that they don't do their work which turn off old employees and make them want to leave. Have a promotion systems in which require reviews from both management and co-workers. Have a review system on the newly promoted/new staff as those who cared are leaving due to the senior management turning a deaf ear to existing issues with lower and middle management. Provide career growth to employees in general in terms of advancement or trying out a different job scope.

Continue reading

"Good Company to work for if you are in your early stages of your Career"

Current Employee - Serviceability Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Learning Curve People are ready to collaborate and help Teams well organized

Cons

Too many top level management changes in past 1 year due to which company looks unstable Attrition rate at all time high Work Life balance suffers due to less resources Low on total Compensation compared to Industry

Continue reading

"Technology, Culture, and People"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nutanix has a very good disruptive technology that is well adopted in the industry and customers absolutely love! The people and culture are excellent.

Cons

As with most fast growing companies, operationally Nutanix is a generation or 2 behind where you would think they would be at this size and scale.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 834 English Reviews