Nutanix Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated 20 Dec 2020

3.9
Nutanix CEO Rajiv Ramaswami
Rajiv Ramaswami
Pros
  • "Much more an 'Ask for Forgiveness' than 'Request Permission' work culture (a core value is Bias For Action)(in 59 reviews)

• "WFH helps you to maintain work life balance(in 45 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Ownership + opportunities to grow"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good solution + strong customer loyalty GREAT health insurance (100% covered by Nutanix) Smart and kind coworkers Many opportunities for ownership + growth

Cons

Not many women in leadership roles Beginning stages of diversity efforts Growing pains from rapid growth

January 6, 2021The Nutanix Team

Thanks for sharing your balanced review. We are glad you are enjoying your time at Nutanix. You're right, we are early on in our diversity and inclusion journey. We are making strides in the right direction with the help of our LIFE groups, our D&I Manager and our Diversity Sourcing team. We have some exciting things coming in 2021 that will help us continue our momentum. If you want to learn more about how you can get involved, join our #diversityandinclusion channel on Slack. In terms of burnout, please connect with your manager to discuss this more so we can find ways to support you -- and don't forget to take time off as you need it to rest and recharge. We know it's been a challenging and unprecedented year. Thanks for being a part of the team.

2. COVID-19

"Overall good company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Sales in Durham, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tech stack: Nutanix provides a lot (like a lot) of tools/software for the sales team to utilize. It can be a lot to handle at first, but really helps you become successful in your role. Co-workers: All my co-workers have been very helpful and inviting especially during COVID times. Product: Top product in the market truly. Management: I feel this depends on your team, but my direct manager and the managers I've worked with are actually very supportive and helpful, which was surprising to me. Quota is reasonable and not impossible to hit. This honestly depends on you as a person and the way you build relationships. Career path: Very transparent on your promotion track and routinely provides trainings/meetings on how to prepare for your next role.

Cons

No 401k match. Still in the transitional phase of moving from TCV and ACV. From conversation, most are taking it well, while some are struggling. There will be growing pains, but if you've worked for start-ups (real ones) or small companies looking to gain traction in their market, this is child's play Communication could use some work. Coming from start-up's and smaller companies, I was used to being able to having open connections with top management and get things approved faster. For a company of this size, it takes a bit longer. Trying to expand portfolio too much, too fast. New prod releases faster than most companies, when current customers didn't know about the most recent 2.

December 21, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced review. We're smiling knowing that overall, your experience has been positive. If you haven't already, we encourage you to be proactive and to connect with your manager for a candid conversation around the points you've raised as areas of opportunity. We're keen to find out more about how we can improve your experience. Thank you for being a part of the Nutanix team. 😊

"One of the good places to work"

Current Employee - Technology Manager

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent product, super helpful team

Cons

Growing pains, process changes constantly

"Love this company!"

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been very happy working here and very challenged in my role. The company has also been very proactive and communicative with employees, which I really appreciate. Great culture and leadership.

Cons

We have some growing pains but, there is a general awareness of these areas.

August 19, 2020The Nutanix Team

We like to hear that you are enjoying challenging work you're doing. and our culture and leadership. On the growing pains front, we certainly have grown fast! That can mean occasional growing pains. We appreciate you embracing 'getting comfortable being uncomfortable' as we continue to evolve as a team and company. If you have any specific challenges that you'd like to discuss, be sure to reach out for an open conversation with your manager. Thanks for being a part of the team!

"Excellent company great technology!"

Current Employee - Nutanix Sales Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The technology remains the best in the business. Companies can save a boatload if they go all in with Nutanix.

Cons

Growing pains as it scales past 6,000 employees.

May 27, 2020The Nutanix Team

We're happy to hear that you're having a positive experience at Nutanix. It makes us smile to know that you're passionate about our technology too. We encourage you to have an open conversation with your manager around the advice to management that you raised. We're always open to constructive dialogue around areas for improvement. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being a part of our team!

"A completely different kind of company."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Fast moving company. - Completely new and different IT and operational paradigm. - Ability for every employee to impact every product line.

Cons

- As Nutanix grows there are growing pains while the company in may ways creates completely new ways of doing things. We are after all creating and building things that are different and completely alien to what anyone has done before.

March 5, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're happy that you've enjoyed being a part of the team and it makes us smile to know that you can feel the impact of your hard work. We absolutely have grown quickly and commend you for "getting comfortable being uncomfortable" and embracing the change and discomfort that can often come with rapid growth. Please be sure to have an open conversation with your manager or HR Business Partner around your advice to management if you haven't already. Thanks again for sharing and for being a part of the team!

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started a while back and so far the company has been great to work for. The benefits are great and the people genuinely care about providing a good product to customers.

Cons

There are growing pains, but Nutanix is weathering the storm well.

January 30, 2020The Nutanix Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're happy to hear you're enjoying Nutanix and we're grateful you're a part of our team. 😊

8. "Long time employee"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Operations Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growing company with a rock solid solution and best technical support of any software company around.

Cons

Fast growing company experiencing growing pains as they transition from a “start=up” to a multi-billion dollar organization.

9. "Technical Program Manager"

I worked at Nutanix full-time

Pros

Loved working there, and by far it was the best business community I've been in. Everyone was willing to work with everyone else and happy to work together. It was easy to offer your opinion even to senior execs in different departments.

Cons

A growing company has growing pains when moving from that chaotic startup feel into a more mature, process oriented company, but I think they're continually sorting it out. I only left to pursue a different career.

10. "One of the BEST places to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nutanix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The posobilities are endless, and employees are rewarded for their efforts. It truly is a once in a lifetime company that I would recommend to anyone!

Cons

We are growing very quickly, and sometimes feel the growing pains. This is just an opportunity for us to grow as a company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews