- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Singapore - All Cities
- - Singapore Area
Found 2 of over 2 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.
- English (2 reviews)
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Ola has its own designated office space inside Wework, with perks such as afternoon tea and free snacks. But enough about perks. Never join a company for perks; these get old after a while. Do join for 3 reasons 1) Opportunity to grow and contribute: Ola's company culture trains, and supports talent. Even interns get the opportunity to bring product features from ideation to production: Most tech companies do not allow junior staff to have such deep involvement. The culture of trusting and rewarding even junior employees has helped employee retention. 2) The product. The mobile product has already achieved a strong ranking in multiple countries in Asia and even outside of Asia. The core product is at a perfect stage for the team. It is not too old where it is difficult to push across change; it is not a start-up either where you spend half your time on basic admin tasks or rebuilding the product 100 times before it even achieves Series A funding. 3) The culture and people. Multinational. You'll be amazed at how wonderful it is to work at a company where people are here to....work. Compared to some industries, e.g. finance, or some companies in the tech industry, I've found the workplace extremely apolitical. People are able to focus on work. Your colleagues cover for you. When you make a mistake, you learn from it and everyone moves on. Colleagues help you instead of shaming you. Its great to work at a company where people are passionate about the product and give their 100%, but do have a life outside work as well. To designers, product managers and developers, we always have space for talent. And unlike some tech companies in the local space, we actually offer good compensation. If you like working on mobile applications, this is a good place to work.
1. The office location is not glam, it is near to Little India.. but food prices are the same as town, more or less. Unless you eat at one of the coffeeshops nearby, but given the Singapore weather, thats terrible. 2. The company is relatively young, so in some ways, it does resemble a start-up. Lazy to go into the pros/cons of a startup, but if you are someone that is 100% adverse to working at a semi-startup and need a clear 10-year plan laid out for you and SOPs that have been set in stone, this is not for you. 3. It is not Google. If brand name matters that much to you, Ola can't offer that. If you are someone that gets a panic attack when your friends say 'Huh?' instead of 'Wow you're such an amazing human being' when you say where you work...this is not for youContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Young and energetic working enviroment. A dynamic, hands-on style of management.
too many meeting sometimes, have to cope with fast-paced work style.