Online Business Systems Reviews

Updated 25 May 2020

4.9
Online Business Systems President and Chief Executive Officer Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Pros
  • "Great Professional Development program and Career Mentor program to drive your career forward(in 37 reviews)

• "They are doing everything possible to ensure Onliners are taken are of(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Parking can get expensive, but only 3 blocks from major bus routes and many consultants work at the client site(in 8 reviews)

• "Being away from the main office is hard when you're isolated at a client site with no other Onliners or only a few(in 8 reviews)

1. "One of the best places I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Leadership team mentorship program and Professional development!

Cons

None that I can think of

Online Business Systems2020-05-14
  2. "Great company that cares about employees"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At Online we have always talked-the-talk in promoting a three-legged stool philosophy: always do the right thing for Online, Clients and Onliners. Our leadership has recently walked-the-walk in its thoughtful and proactive response to the COVID situation, which is impacting all three legs of our stool. Our leadership plans ahead, communicates clearly, shows an informed and balanced view of the situation, and takes care to share the load fairly as part of an active and measured response. This commands respect and inspires trust they will see us through these challenging times.

Cons

Any significant con right now follows from the unusual times.

Online Business Systems2020-05-14
  3. "Very good work environment and friendly people."

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Caring, supportive and great opportunity to advance your career

Cons

Could be very challenging to keep up to client demand.

Online Business Systems2020-05-25
  4. "Proud to work for such an amazing company"

Current Employee - Onliner

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have always been proud to work for Online, but even more so lately as we face the challenges of COVID-19. Communications have been frequent and transparent. It is clear the leadership team cares about its team members and is doing the right things in light of this challenge. Onliners and their well being are always top of mind. I am also impressed by how Onliners continue to support one another and their communities, while continuing to do great work for our clients , in a remote model. I feel fortunate to be part of such an amazing team. I know we will come out of this stronger because we are doing the right things now. That's the Online way.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Online Business Systems2020-04-23
  5. "Great place to work. Great place to thrive."

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

People care is great. The information shared is as much as an employee can ask especially during times of Covid 19. All the programs you need to do your job as supplied or bought for you. Team touch-points are great. The people they hire are all very nice.

Cons

The only cons are associated with the type of work but I understood that getting into this line of work (consulting).

Online Business Systems2020-04-21

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

We agree that our people are great. We hire amazing team members who genuinely care and support one another. Our People Care team has also enjoyed doing the touchpoints, as we get to know Onliners even better and create stronger connections. I am uncertain what you mean by “the type of work,” so please consider emailing me so I can better understand how we might help.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Online Business Systems feels like a family. Onliners truly are team players, highly professional a pleasure to work with. Onliners always there to help each other out and celebrate each other’s success. The leadership team are genuinely concerned about the wellbeing and satisfaction of the employees (especially during COVID-19 pandemic). Great Professional Development program and Career Mentor program to drive your career forward.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the physical location of most clients being Downtown.

Online Business Systems2020-04-21

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. While we can all agree that Onliners are what really set us apart from the rest, it is also gratifying to hear that Onliners know we care about their well-being. As you know there is no playbook to refer to, and so we believe that if we adhere to our core values, we will come out stronger when we return to the new normal.

7. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive Pay + Benefits Tight-knit community Active communication from upper management Flexibility via remotely working

Cons

No downsides to working at OBS - getting used to working remotely is a universal challenge.

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to submit feedback. We believe the Online community is second to none. While many of our consultants were already working remotely in the US, we know this is a real transition for those who were used to going to an office or client site. We appreciate how quickly our team members adapted to working from home, even though it can bring its unique challenges. I look forward to a time when we can see each other in person again.

8. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment with great work life balance. Tons of opportunities for growth both personal and professional.

Cons

Can't say i've encountered anything negative to date

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

It’s always good to hear from some of our newer team members and know that your experience at Online has been positive. I hope we continue to live up to your expectations and that you feel the same way 10 years from now!

9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership team, great place to work.

Cons

Can't find one, nothing but good things to say.

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for the positive words. It’s encouraging and makes us want to continue doing our best to create a great environment.

"Supportive during crisis"

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

While the world is going through this current COVID-19 crisis situation, Online's leadership team is supportive, transparent, and caring. They are doing everything possible to ensure Onliners are taken are of. I'm hearing exactly the opposite from friends about their companies. While I've always been proud to be an Onliner, I'm even prouder now.

Cons

Once the world is back to normal, would be nice to see the RRSP match program increased a bit.

Online Business Systems2020-04-13

April 23, 2020Chief People Officer

During times of uncertainty, such as we find ourselves in now, we recognize the importance of frequent communications, ensuring we take time to listen and continue to support one another. Even though there are things we cannot control right now, we can control how we act and respond. That is what we hope we are doing now. We are all in this together and will come out stronger when things return to a new normal. Thank you for the feedback.

Found 141 reviews