Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Smart people... I've been working in Intel and Oracle before and the professional level in Opower is even higher." (in 37 reviews)
- "Fun culture" (in 18 reviews)
- "coworkers are smart and friendly" (in 16 reviews)
- "Decent benefits" (in 7 reviews)
- "Great People who are passionate about what they do" (in 6 reviews)
- "Appalling management, cliquey culture." (in 7 reviews)
- "So work life balance was a major plus, nobody cared and you could coast along into oblivion or just… work from home…" (in 6 reviews)
- "average compensation, but in my case I feel I am receiving average compensation." (in 6 reviews)
- "No 401K match" (in 5 reviews)
- "managers are more focused about their rank and position when they should be supporting people on their team or focusing on bottom" (in 4 reviews)
Found 173 of over 184 reviews
Updated 8 Apr 2020
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.023 Oct 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Worked with some amazingly smart people who truly believed in company mission.
The CEO lacked vision, low pay and sale to Oracle. Slightly political environment, need to know the right people.
- 4.016 Apr 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
The team is great, all the people that work at Opower are smart, fun and hard working
As a company that has grown quickly internal communication and peoples accountability needs to be improved2
Opower Reviews FAQs
Opower has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 184 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Opower to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
67% of Opower employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Opower 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.