Petsense Employee Reviews about "good pay"
49% would recommend to a friend
(24 total reviews)
34% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "bad management , understaffed, not properly trained for anything, managers take SO MANY smoke breaks" (in 20 reviews)
- "The pay is low and the hours are not great." (in 18 reviews)
- "The store managers do the jobs of five people with the pay of one." (in 17 reviews)
- "upper management are bullies and I don't know how this one market manager even has a job she's so hateful" (in 12 reviews)
- "Was always told 'I am the Store Manager i don't technically have to help with shipments and other duties." (in 6 reviews)
Found 24 of over 242 reviews
Updated 17 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "good pay"Return to all Reviews
- 3.022 Feb 2021Dog GroomerFormer Employee, less than 1 year
The pay is pretty decent. You make more the more dogs you groom and they do push this.
You are not able to work at another groom shop
- 4.09 Aug 2015Store ManagerCurrent Employee
Great company to work for. Small store feeling makes the staff feel like family. Lots of support above you. The leadership takes the time to tell you you're doing a great job and to thank you for the hard work. Fun place to work with great products and great customers. Great pay for anyone lower than management.
The pay is extremely low for a manager of any kind of corporate retail store. The commission bonus structure could be better.5
- 4.030 Jan 2021Pet EnthusiastFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNashville, TN
The pay is great! The store manager TY in the Nashville store is easy going and fun to work with.
Short 5 hour shifts. I prefer less days and 8 hour shifts.
- 4.017 May 2021KeyholderFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLebanon, MO
Coworkers/management who share your passion for animals Decent pay for the type of job Plenty of opportunities to move up, even into corporate Oppurtunity to get into dog grooming if you're interested
Few hours to go around Not many locations due to competition from bigger box stores
- 2.030 Dec 2019Dog GroomerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearUnion City, TN
Pay was good on both hourly and commission rate for a groomer. As a groomer, schedule was also somewhat flexible in my store which was good since I was also a student at the time. HR is excellent about getting in touch with too if there is a problem with co-workers being unprofessional as well
Overbooking was a constant at my store. They fill you up with as many appointments as they can every hour and fail to consider the size and temperament of the dog. They also push for you to groom dogs that you may not be comfortable grooming despite saying that you have the right to refuse service. when the season is slow, some groomers may have a full sheet of appointments while other may have none due to favoritism with managers and store drama. also your grooms are constantly interrupted by nails trims putting you behind.1
- 4.010 Aug 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The pay was nice for a sales associate and a raise was given each year. Holiday pay was nice as well.
The pet food was not donated to animal shelters once expired for to liability concerns. I think an agreement could have changed this.2Petsense Response9y
Oh no! We will gladly donate expired pet food to the local shelter. Can you let me know what store you worked at so we can fix this? Josh.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5.014 Nov 2021Dog GroomerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Good and fair pay Great company They give you “baskets” or fun merch every holiday/quarter Bigger discount off Petsense brand
Could have a better discount for employees
- 1.08 Apr 2022Pet GroomerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCleburne, TX
Coworkers were awesome. Store manager was very nice and felt bad that corporate was not paying me well but couldn’t do anything about it.
I was completely mislead about what I was making. I thought my paychecks would be double of what they were. No tips, and they take your commission. I’ve been grooming for 4 years and have never seen groomers make such little money. Corporate management does not care about you at all and relies on hiring employees who just love dogs but have no idea what they should be making.