Philip Morris International Reviews

3.8
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
  1. Featured Review

"International, scientific, breaktrough and dynamic working environment"

5.0

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

International, innovative, dynamic, professionals stimulating and oriented to costumers

Cons

Lines of communication, double roles, not clear hierarchy

Philip Morris International2020-01-15

January 24, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi, there. Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy to know that you are enjoying the company transformation and that you are professionally stimulated in your role. Our people are our greatest asset, and we want to ensure we can provide them with a positive work environment and career development. We are sorry to hear that the hierarchy and communication lines are unclear. We would advise you to speak to your line manager or HR contact regarding these issues. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We wish you the best of luck with your future career and why don't you stay updated by following us on social media @InsidePMI.

2. "Great environment and colleagues"

5.0
    Former Employee - Engineer Intern

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supervisor is friendly and guide me patiently, also the colleagues are very friendly

Cons

Not really for an intern

Philip Morris International2020-03-26

June 2, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for your positive review! We are glad that you had a good internship with us, that you had a good experience with the management in your team and that you experienced a friendly work environment. This is one of our main goals throughout every department. We are sorry to hear you feel the experience was not suited for an intern, at Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. We wish you all the best for your future career. Why not follow us on social media @insidepmi to stay up-to-date on our latest news.

"Join at your own risk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Attractive remuneration package. Very competitive environment which can be good for personal growth and a lot learning opportunities if you know how to fight for it.

Cons

Questionable values and morals of the management team - High turnover in the team due to the manager but manager was still promoted even though a few employees have provided their honest feedback of the manager. Also, no support provided by the manager so you're basically very much on your own. Unfair hiring practices - Offered higher salary package to rehire a former employee who have taken the redundancy package. The employee has also provided false information on job portal but HR went ahead with the hiring despite knowing. Job opportunities to rotate every 2-3 years so people are very eager to showcase new ideas instead of finding solutions/ fixing existing problems - some new ideas are also implemented without thinking about the potential impacts on other departments. Very political environment so if you in the good books of certain managers, you will get a better performance ratings.

Philip Morris International2020-01-22

February 14, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review — much appreciated! We're glad to hear you were able to profit from many company benefits like the working conditions and the work environment. Nonetheless, we take into consideration your comment regarding management, HR practices and the political environment. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. We wish you continued success in the future and thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review.

4. "Experience"

I have been working at Philip Morris International part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are meticulous and passionate about research, this place would be ideal for you given that PMI has to conform to Good Lab Practice(GLP) regulations.

Cons

Rather repetitive and mundane

Philip Morris International2019-12-04

January 17, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We're glad to see that you overall happy to work with us, and that you appreciate the compensation scheme and other company benefits. However, we're sorry you feel like there's a lack of variety of the skills you could apply within your position. Here, at PMI, we pride ourselves in providing employees personal and career growth opportunities, so perhaps this is something you would like to discuss with your Supervisor or Line Manager? In case you'd like to know more information on all available opportunities as well as what's new happening within our company, we invite you to follow us @InsidePMI. Once again, thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

"Typical multinational"

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

High cash flow for budget spending

Cons

Slow and bad decision making

Philip Morris International2019-11-12

November 29, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Despite the fact that you appreciated the high budget, we're sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the decision-making in the company. We understand that our industry is a challenging one to work in especially during this transition time, and so some decision-making might take time. Should you be facing any doubts or issues, please do not hesitate to go talk to your line manager or your HR contact person. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review!

6. "Quality"

4.0

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Friendly Environment and opportunity for further development

Cons

People move on too fast

Philip Morris International2019-09-19

October 21, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello there! Thank you so much for leaving us a review and for defining us as a quality company! We are especially happy to see that you are enjoying our diverse and dynamic workplace environment, and that you feel that PMI provides you with great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you continued success at PMI.

"Hiring is as unethical as her business"

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Money flaunting and luxury.

Cons

Get people in with big promises but destroy people's career by shifting operations to another region in a short span.

Philip Morris International2019-09-27

November 13, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that while you were at PMI the working environment didn't match your expectations. Professional development of our employees is important to us and we frequently offer positions in regions all over the world to employees, which is - to some of our employees - a huge plus point. Nonetheless we appreciate your feedback and thank you again for your review. We wish you all the best in the future.

"Managers cover manager. e."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

salary is good but...

Cons

traded your soul. the managers will insist on job rotation which is good but they also rotate the experienced manager out and expect you to train.! in financial efficency projects they halved the finance execs but keep the same managers. only people who are close to managers get promoted, others are set up to fail.

Philip Morris International2018-11-14

December 6, 2018Centralized Community Management

Hello, thank you for leaving your review. We’re sorry that you felt a lack of recognition. Our people are our greatest strength and their achievements matter. We believe that excellence should be recognized, and rewarded. We foster a culture of ongoing day to day recognition, and our PMI Award Programs recognize those employees who have truly made a difference. Our recognition program is designed to reward innovative and significant contributions to the business from an individual or team, as well as outstanding leadership qualities. We highly recommend you to speak up and share your feedback and thoughts with your Line Manager or HR Manager.

9. "Working"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ang Mo Kio New Town, North-East

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of opportunites to learn thing in new areas

Cons

Less work and life balance opportunity becasue working presure

Philip Morris International2018-07-28
  10. "senior necropsy technician"

4.0

I worked at Philip Morris International

Pros

company benefits and employee welfare

Cons

no training opportunities for advancement

Philip Morris International2018-05-05