PointClickCare Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

Mike Wessinger
  1. "Continuing Transitions"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at PointClickCare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

PointClickCare has some wonderful staff that really do care about the mission of providing systems that help frontline staff get back to working and providing care to seniors. They work hard each day to carry that out.

Cons

As the company evolves - that mission isn't always in everyone's minds and it's just a job.

PointClickCare2019-06-14
  2. "Best place to work so far"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

PointClickCare is definitely one of the best place to work so far in my career of 12 years. They really care for their employees and invest highly on them. The culture they talk about they really mean it and it's visible in their root. Some pros: * Unlimited vacation as fas as you don't misuse this privilege. * Remote work options * Subsidised food * Free snacks, coffee, tea and fruits * Free beer (That's my... favorite one :) * Onsite Gym * Onsite play areas (TT, Golf Simulator, Pool Table, X-Box) * Many fitness programs

Cons

I don't see many cons so far, but will keep updating here if I see any.

Advice to Management

Keep living the culture you built within company, and stay on top of your product line, keep disrupting technology in the domain you are in.

PointClickCare2019-05-30

PointClickCare Response

June 4, 2019Talent Programs Specialist

Our culture is what makes us who we are. Thank you for your feedback!

3. "Great First Impression"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture that really encourages personal and professional development - Beautiful office and wonderful perks! - Friendly colleagues and staff - Incredible tech support and general support - Onboarding program was interesting and valuable - You feel set up for success in your position through training and support - Leaders are knowledgeable and very approachable - they are busy but when you have... time with them, it is great time - This company has an exciting future and lots of room to group so I can see many opportunities for advancement and internal mobility, which is promoted!

Cons

- None so far but I've only just started

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people as you are doing and keep promoting a high-performance culture that breeds great staff and results so we continue to be proud of what we do.

PointClickCare2019-05-31

PointClickCare Response

June 4, 2019Talent Programs Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are extremely happy to have you!

"Senior Management is broken"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, great office, good culture

Cons

Some Senior Leaders are not working for the best interest of the company. The CFO especially is smug and doesn't listen. Not sure what he exactly does at PCC because him and many of his direct reports (as well as other "Senior Leaders") are never around. Working from home 3 weeks out the month must be nice.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to departments with high turnover. People are leaving for a reason. Pay close attention to the Senior Leaders that deflect blame on others and do not listen to their employees.

PointClickCare2019-05-29
  5. "A dream company run by people who really do care"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Great work culture - very engaged and happy employees, yet still held accountable so work gets done Many great benefits like great health insurance, RSP matching, unlimited vacation , work from home and more Amazing work office, includes a big gym with towel service, pool, ping pong, golf simulator, free coffee, juice, softdrinks, snacks, fruits, and subsidized breakfast/lunch meals.

Cons

Too many leaders/managers - some projects feel like there are "too many chefs in the kitchen"

Advice to Management

Keep putting the health and wellbeing of your employees. Happy employees = great results

PointClickCare2019-05-09

"Not the same anymore"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home but every tech company now offer that so nothing extra ordinary

Cons

Senior Management . Seems like a big disconnect between senior management and managers . Seems like no one is watching the managers and managers do and say what they feel like.

Advice to Management

Get back to how the company use to be , more connected with the employees on the ground .

PointClickCare2019-05-07

"Great intentions but not really put into practice"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, even if rushed, great opportunities to learn the latest technologies

Cons

Terrible management , judgmental and retaliatory

Advice to Management

Review more thoroughly the quality of people that you select to be people leaders.

PointClickCare2019-05-02

"Incredible place to work"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

In all my years of work, I’ve never experienced a company like this. The passion and care every employee has about the success of the business is evident no matter what title you have. The leadership team really takes the time to understand our needs and provide a workplace environment that supports the employee’s work life balance. We have amazing facilities here and the company spoils us with all the money and... investment they put in to ensure we have everything we need.

Cons

Fast pace, not your typical 9-5. Unless you have the mentality of “getting things done” and are a go-getter, this isn’t the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees wellbeing and putting that at the forefront of everything you do.

PointClickCare2019-04-04

"Terrible management, stay away."

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Gym and Cafeteria ( in head office only )

Cons

Managers only care about how many tasks you complete, not the quality of code. No growth opportunity 3 month probation, extended arbitrarily, terminated arbitrarily.

Advice to Management

Respect your employee's contribution, show a bit more tolerance, instead of giving them culture lessons.

PointClickCare2019-03-25

"Lots of Awesome Things Happening Here"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve been here for a few years and I will say that overall it’s been a great experience. It is a more challenging environment than some of my early years, but honestly I still like being challenged in my role as I want to keep learning. Recently there’s been a push to make the Engineering organization focus more on efficiency and creating roles that challenge employees technically. There were a few QAs laid off as... the company moves more towards an automated testing environment. You hate to see anyone go, but they were given the opportunity to “up” their testing skills. Many of them did and they are still here and in Test Engineer roles now, but based on some of the Glassdoor reviews from ex QA’s, some of them seem upset that they didn’t upgrade their testing skills. Flexible vacation policy, awesome building with amenities that are better than I’ve personally seen anywhere else – pool table, golf simulator, ping pong, beer vending machine, really nice gym, nice bathrooms (yes it matters), etc. Compensation & bonuses are fairly competitive. Company is a market leader with a significant edge and lots of opportunity to grow.

Cons

Location isn’t fantastic, but it’s do-able for most of the GTA and that’s relative to everyone’s location.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on identifying what's helping vs hurting the organization. Unfortunately most major decisions are bound to upset a party involved so if you use the vision of helping people as a baseline, it would be beneficial.

PointClickCare2019-03-22