Resource Solutions Reviews

Found 431 of over 464 reviews

3.9
Resource Solutions CEO Norma Gillespie
Norma Gillespie
Pros
  • "Great people, great support and they care about their staff(in 19 reviews)

• "Work Life Balance and career growth(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours and highly stressful at times(in 32 reviews)

• "Standard working hours 9-6pm but you get used to it(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Invested in their employees' growth and development

Apr 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot of training and development programmes available and lots of activities to boost employee wellbeing. Recently, there's a high focus on Diversity & Inclusion and I'm enjoying all the awareness campaigns they put in.

Cons

Sometimes working hours may indeed be long, especially being in Asia and most of your teammates are based in the UK. There are some challenges due to the time zone difference, but I don't think it's a big issue.

Resource Solutions Response

Thank you for your five-star review of Resource Solutions. It’s true we’ve placed huge emphasis on the safety and wellbeing of our employees over the last 18 months, and you’ll see plenty more if this to come. Our ED&I Council running several awareness initiatives currently and grown such a special community of collaboration and inclusion across our global team. Global operations, and working in a 24/5 environment, it sometimes means longer hours to accommodate projects etc, this is why we introduced SMART working. If the hours continue to impact you, don’t be afraid to talk to your manger and peers to find a work schedule that suits your lifestyle. I wish you all the best for your career with Resource Solutions. Kirsty Adams (Chief People & Culture Officer, RS Global)

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of those situations where you really can get as much as you put in

May 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Colleagues are friendly and genuinely care/respect your time and space - Open communications at work, where the bosses take your feedback seriously - Responsibilities are clearly assigned, and good work done is acknowledged - Inclusive and diverse culture - Compensation & benefits are fair - Hours are relatively flexible: you win some, you lose some depending on the situation

Cons

- Flat company structure means progression pathways might not be easy to identify, though you will be able to grind one out - Having a lean team means workload can get heavy at times, though the company does try to share the load as much as possible

Resource Solutions Response

Thank you for your positive review of Resource Solutions. I am so happy to hear that you enjoy working with us because of our inclusive culture and open communication in the workplace. It’s so important to be able to voice your ideas and concerns and have them addressed. We introduced SMART work to enable employees some flexibility in their work life balance, which has been very well received, globally. As you might have just seen, we’ve just launched our Career Paths Programme in EMEA to offer career progression to our employees. Please speak to your manager to set-up your plan. I wish you all the best for your career with us. Kirsty Adams (Chief People & Culture Officer, RS Global)

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company culture

Apr 25, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much politics with nice & friendly colleagues

Cons

Bonus scheme is not too attractive

Resource Solutions Response

Thank you for your review of working with us. It's lovely to read that your experience with has been a positive one. We’ve worked hard to embed our vibrant culture, promote work-life balance, and inclusion practices over the past 12 months, given the year that has been largely virtual. I regret that you feel the bonus scheme is not what you think it should be. We have made a priority to pay bonuses to our people, during what has been a challenging year. Have you discussed this with your manager? Please bring this up during your appraisal and see what solutions you can create together. Thanks again for your review. Kirsty Adams (Chief People & Culture Officer, RS Global)

4. 5.0

Great people and culture

Apr 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Diverse and inclusive culture, lots of emphasis on this - Good work environment, colleagues are friendly - Very supportive management, open to feedback and suggestions - People genuinely care for others

Cons

- Flexible working hours but workload is heavy due to lean organization structure

Resource Solutions Response

Thank you for your positive review of working with us. We pride ourselves on being a diverse and inclusive business and have worked hard to ensure this is deeply embedded into our culture. The last 12 month have been a challenge and we have had a largely lean team to ride out the storm. Q1 2021 has seen a stream of new wins and business expansions, which means we are now aggressively hiring to pad out our teams. You should see further support coming your way soon! Please do reach out to your manager, or myself about you workload and hours if they continue to be an issue. We want you to fully enjoy the work life balance offered by Resource Solutions. Thank you again, for your feedback. I wish you well with your onward career. Kirsty Adams (Chief People & Culture Officer, RS Global)

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strong training focus and very supportive during difficult times

Feb 25, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training, good recognition, supportive management

Cons

Long working hours and lots of varied work

Resource Solutions Response

Hello, and thank you for your five-star review of Resource Solutions. I am so glad to hear that our training programs, and management team are some of the reasons you enjoy working with us. We have placed great emphasis on employee development during what has been a challenging year. It’s also lovely to hear that you feel recognised and appreciated for your work with us. We’ve undergone a fair bit of change recently, I understand longer than normal hours may have been asked of you, but hopefully this is no longer the case as we begin you ramp up hiring in Asia again. Thank you for all your hard work and commitment – it is appreciated. I wish you all the best for your career with Resource Solutions. Kirsty Adams (Chief People & Culture Officer, RS Global)

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Bad management

Dec 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good if you are looking at a stepping stone to in-house recruitment work

Cons

Politics is bad internally especially at management level with no regards for human capital/retention

2 people found this review helpful

Resource Solutions Response

Hello, and thank you for your review of Resource Solutions in Singapore. I'm disappointed to read the title of your review, and also your comments on the management you experienced while with us. I can assure you that, as a people-centred business, we are keenly aware of the importance of sourcing, nurturing and retaining the very best talent. If this wasn't your experience then please do get in touch (kirsty.adams@resourcesolutions.com) to tell me more about it, in the hope that we can come up with some solutions that help us improve the experience for future colleagues. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Worst Culture i have been in.

Jul 12, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

None, seriously!!! My clients are nice and professional. They offered to guide me through the process. I cant say the same with my RS colleagues in the client office.

Cons

I was literally thrown into the deep end with no mentoring/training whatsoever. When things go wrong, i am interogated like a criminal with threats of consequence management. Finger pointing culture - find the person to crucify first, without amy effort to splve the issue together Training of lack of it - largely done just to indemify the company. Merely gives the account director ammunition to say you shoild have known, because u attended training on this or that date. Quality of the training leavea a lot to be desired. Favortism - the pets get all the credit Lack of structure when it comes to team lead and staff communication. Lack of team work and sense of collaboration. Its every man for themselves.

4 people found this review helpful

Resource Solutions Response

Hello, and thank you for your review of working with Resource Solutions in Singapore. While it's good to hear your colleagues onsite were nice and professional, I'm concerned by your other comments. Our global Learning and Organisational Development team provides a wide variety of training, from specific recruitment skills to softer skills, such as negotiation and presentation. If you were not encouraged to engage with this training to a greater extent, that's disappointing. However, it's very worrying to hear your allegations about our culture. I can categorically assure you that Resource Solutions do not condone or operate with a blame culture. It's worrying and very disappointing to hear that some individuals have acted in this way, as it does not reflect our business and our culture. The current situation, with the pandemic and national lockdowns, has put a lot of pressure on our business and our people, and if that has come through in some unprofessional conduct, then I regret that. I would also be willing to have a confidential chat with you, to discuss your comments on our training and how we could do better with that, and also the specifics of the issues you faced. If you'd be willing to talk about it, please do contact me directly by email or on Workplace. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Work full time in RS Singapore for few years

Jan 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Weekly drinking session - if you like alcoholic and social after work. Multi culture

Cons

Heavy and messy work load. Not much structure and process.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

Growing RPO Industry Leader

Feb 22, 2019 - Recruiter/Account Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good support from the central management team and support functions. Great boss to work for and supportive of flexi work arrangements

Cons

Commission scheme could be better

Resource Solutions Response

Hello, and thanks for your review. I'm pleased to hear you feel well supported by our central management and support teams, and that your manager is so supportive of our recently introduced Smart Working approach. I'll discuss your comments about the commission structure and incentives with our Global Leadership Team, as while we're satisfied that we compensate our people fairly, it's always good to have feedback and continually monitor how we do so. Thanks, Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

10. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Jan 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ample career opportunities with good compensation. Flexible working environment. Good culture and values driven by senior management.

Cons

Small organisation and learning opportunities might be limited

Resource Solutions Response

Hi - and thank you for your lovely review of working with us. It's really encouraging to hear you say that you've seen lots of career opportunities available with us, and that they're well-paid and well-compensated. We try all we can to ensure that we provide those opportunities and that compensation, while also making sure it's not just about those things - hence the flexible working that we've introduced with our global Smart Working policy, and the culture and values we try so hard to embed from the board-room to the post-room. Thanks also for your comments on our training and development. Over the past 18 months we've been investing in and expanding the range of training we make available to our people, and linking it more closely to their career objectives and development. It's a learning curve for everyone, and will take a bit of time to embed successfully. But we've made a positive start towards providing much better training, and I'm confident we'll start seeing more positive outcomes soon. Many thanks, Kirsty Adams (Global HR Director, Resource Solutions)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 431 Reviews