Robert Walters Reviews

Updated 29 May 2020

4.2
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Totally not a traditional corporate; relaxed working environment & fun office(in 41 reviews)

• "Good training programme especially for new people to the industry(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours But that’s what is required to be successful(in 40 reviews)

• "Work-life balance, flexibility, KPI based progression(in 25 reviews)

1. "Job descriptions are fixed my previous responsibilities."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Singapore

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good environment and good work-mates.

Cons

Communication because there have different races.

Robert Walters2020-02-27

"One of the better recruitment firms"

Former Employee - Consultant in Singapore
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

A world renowned firm with long standing relationships with top tier companies - it's easy to work here as people know and trust the brand. Excellent internal training programs which supports those who are new to recruitment. Fantastic opportunity to grow and move within the offices, something which is encouraged by management.

Cons

Extremely high attrition which can be really distracting and unsettling. It is recruitment, so it can be quite cut throat, I saw several instances of people being let go after only a few weeks because they weren't a "fit". Managers are typically top billers who get promoted into management, which doesn't always mean they are good at leading teams or helping others grow. Commission structure is famously quite bad

Robert Walters2019-12-03
  3. "Great culture for a recruitment firm"

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Colleagues are very open in sharing & collaborative

Cons

Management still a bit old school

Robert Walters2019-09-19
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company invests in their people seriously. Managers are great at least the one I'm working with. Not transactional and a very team based working environment. That's the best part as everyone is helping you and vice versa.

Cons

Not any as such. Just needs to be more open to work life balance culture and bring in slightly more mature employees

Robert Walters2019-08-13
  5. "Excellent for career development and training"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Training Overseas opportunities Earning potential Career opportunities Fun environment

Cons

Not too many to think of

Robert Walters2019-06-02
  6. "Recommended Company"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Singapore

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very organized and structured with room to grow. Good salaries and benefits. Management is great and approachable. Great location.

Cons

Non during my time working at RW

Robert Walters2019-05-29
  7. "A decent company"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Overall a really decent company which tries to evolve and respects the employees' personal time. Throughout my time here, I've never been questioned when I take annual leaves or leave the office on time. Some may think this should be a given but in Singapore, this is actually really hard to come by, especially given it is a sales environment and recruitment is a very competitive business. Company pays above market basic salary to attract talent. Company has a proper marketing team to support the business in new and creative ways. MD responds to everyone quickly, seems approachable and not known to micromanage.

Cons

Lack of succession planning for Managers and below levels. Senior Consultants are hastily made Managers (for lack of better options) without proper assessment/ development of their leadership qualities. If Managers are not strong, it will be hard to retain good consultants as there isn't any value add and good consultants know they can thrive just as well wherever they go. Archaic bonus scheme should be studied and relooked into seriously to prevent digruntled high performers from leaving. The HR team is led and run by people with no HR background. Makes you wonder if it is a function taken seriously. Quieter Asian Consultants tend to be bypassed for promotion opportunities while the more demanding ones tend to be fast-tracked.

Robert Walters2019-05-22

Robert Walters Response

May 28, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback — I appreciate your detailed comments and, while I’m glad that you’ve found working at Robert Walters to be a positive experience, I also take on-board your other comments about how we might also improve. I would really appreciate it if you could contact me via phone, email or walk-in for a confidential conversation so that we can discuss your points further. My door is open most of the time. Rob Bryson Managing Director, Singapore

8. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Singapore

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic career development opportunities. Worked/work with some really talented people. Team based. Work hard play hard.

Cons

Discretionary bonus scheme which makes it difficult to manage expectations at times.

Robert Walters2019-04-15
  9. "Senior Consultant"

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Great training platform Some teams have good management support Some teams work collaboratively Opportunities to move laterally and internationally

Cons

KPI driven Success of the desk depends on the market you're in

Robert Walters2019-02-13
  10. "Robert Walters is the best recruitment firm I’ve ever worked in."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

The top management all the way to my direct manager are truly supportive, positive and encouraging in my career development as well as myself as an individual. Zero politics - everyone here work as a team. Very good culture. Not easy to come by especially in a Sales environment. However, my experience at RW tells me otherwise. It is just excellent! I’m truly blessed, grateful and thankful to be part of RW. :) One more thing - the admin support here team is top notch. The business operations wouldn’t be running so smoothly without them in the back scene. Thumbs up! :)

Cons

Sales environment is stressful everywhere you go.

Robert Walters2018-10-31