Robert Walters Reviews

Found 752 of over 906 reviews

4.1
Robert Walters CEO Toby Fowlston
Toby Fowlston
Pros
  • "Friendly, collaborative working environment(in 48 reviews)

• "good training and support, international environment(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours but to be expected in recruitment(in 50 reviews)

• "Work-life balance, flexibility, KPI based progression(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good

Jul 7, 2021 - Managing Partner in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Alot of drinking parties weekly yummy

Cons

Too many meetings and metrics

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stability

Nov 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

the culture and dynamics is very much dependent on which team you join, I had a great working experience with my then boss who was a great mentor. if you are looking to earn a lot of money, this may not be the best place given the business model, but good if you are looking for something that is stable.

Cons

welfare is good, working hours is dependent on whether you hit your targets and if your team has a culture of working long hours. people are generally nice and helpful there.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

KPIs

Nov 24, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and learning opportunity

Cons

If u do not like KPIs

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to start, bad place to stay

Oct 23, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

For a fresh graduate looking to start a sales recruitment career, this is a good place as there's exposure, training provided and big clientale.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. Most consultants don't stay more than 2 years. You can see on LinkedIn, recruitment consultants from Robert Walters don't stay for long. Clients are always complaining why they are always speaking to different recruiters from RW after a few months. Managers aren't helpful at all, mainly because they themselves have difficulty bringing in sales. Managers can't bring in roles to feed the team as they can barely fend for themselves. Salary and commission structure are not competitive. Like I said, good place to start but bad place to stay. Other headhunting firms have much better commission structure in place. You get paid a lot outside for the sales you bring in. Most recruitment firms uses the same sourcing strategies and training programme now so if you can find another firm, try to avoid RW.

Robert Walters Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I’m glad you valued the training and hands-on recruitment experience you can gain at Robert Walters – we truly believe in equipping our people for successful, long-term careers. However, I’m disappointed to read your comments about staff retention, we believe our turnover rate is lower than the norm in the industry. Our team-based non-commission model, which I understand is unique in the recruitment sector, means that clients and candidates receive the highest quality service from a team of specialists working collaboratively together to get the best outcomes – it also allows us to reward people for all their hard work, not just placements. Nevertheless, I appreciate your feedback, and would be open to getting some more details about your time with us — it would be great if you could email me at monty.sujanani@robertwalters.com.sg and we’ll set up a confidential discussion. Monty Sujanani Country Manager, Robert Walters Singapore

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

By far…

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work. Benefits quite good

Cons

Not much of cons. Can be discussed with your supervisors

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture - bonuses can be better

Jul 13, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very big on client and candidate engagement

Cons

Bonuses not as competitive as other agencies due to different operating model.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company with a conscience

Jun 16, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Country Manager cares about its employees and clients, and doing what is right and creating a good culture and atmosphere

Cons

Turnover rate is quite high so morale can be affected

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good

May 25, 2021 - Business Analyst in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good job opportunity in banking

Cons

Insecurities in assign of projects

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Culture is so-so

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work culture is so so

Cons

No interaction between the business and other depts much

Robert Walters Response

Human Resources

Thank you for your review — it sounds like your experience doesn’t live up to the high standards we set for ourselves as an employer, but we would be keen to get some further details as to what we could actually improve. If you like, you can email us at hr.admin@robertwalters.com, and we’ll help set up a confidential chat with someone from your former team/office with whom you can discuss your feedback.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Different offices have different cultures

Mar 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Moved across 2 offices in East Asia during my time there Energetic team, hardworking Made a few friends there

Cons

Pushing new recruiters to BD and meet clients right away, especially more senior clients who are not happy as they are not the most professional

Viewing 1 - 10 of 752 Reviews