Robert Walters Reviews

Found 831 of over 1,020 reviews

4.2
Robert Walters CEO Toby Fowlston
Toby Fowlston
Pros
  • "Robert Walters is truly a great place to launch your career in recruitment(in 89 reviews)

• "Fun working environment & really awesome people(in 56 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Fairly long hours, very kpi driven(in 59 reviews)

• "work-life balance can be challenging(in 34 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good company

Jan 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and good cross selling

Cons

High turnover but that’s normal in the industry

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to learn the fundamentals of recruitment

Mar 3, 2022 - Senior Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training, fair salary, great culture and morale

Cons

Its recruitment by numbers, and you can feel like a robot

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

No work life balance in SG office

Dec 7, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

They invest a lot in training their employees. If you have a good manager you’ll be lucky to be mentored well

Cons

Gossip girl culture. Some senior management encourage this which is quite sad. Biased culture and too much micro management.

1 person found this review helpful

Robert Walters Response

Thank you for leaving a review, I’m glad you value our investment in best-in-class training, we’re really proud of the industry-leading learning environment we’ve created to help all our staff build long term, successful careers. But I’m disappointed to read your cons, we’ve worked hard to create a supportive culture where our managers empower their teams to succeed through teamwork, fairness and collaboration. That said, I’d welcome the chance to discuss your feedback in more detail and have a conversation about how we could improve. Please do reach out to me in confidence at monty.sujanani@robertwalters.com.sg. Monty Sujanani Country Manager, Robert Walters Singapore

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stability

Nov 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

the culture and dynamics is very much dependent on which team you join, I had a great working experience with my then boss who was a great mentor. if you are looking to earn a lot of money, this may not be the best place given the business model, but good if you are looking for something that is stable.

Cons

welfare is good, working hours is dependent on whether you hit your targets and if your team has a culture of working long hours. people are generally nice and helpful there.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

KPIs

Nov 24, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and learning opportunity

Cons

If u do not like KPIs

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to start, bad place to stay

Oct 23, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

For a fresh graduate looking to start a sales recruitment career, this is a good place as there's exposure, training provided and big clientale.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. Most consultants don't stay more than 2 years. You can see on LinkedIn, recruitment consultants from Robert Walters don't stay for long. Clients are always complaining why they are always speaking to different recruiters from RW after a few months. Managers aren't helpful at all, mainly because they themselves have difficulty bringing in sales. Managers can't bring in roles to feed the team as they can barely fend for themselves. Salary and commission structure are not competitive. Like I said, good place to start but bad place to stay. Other headhunting firms have much better commission structure in place. You get paid a lot outside for the sales you bring in. Most recruitment firms uses the same sourcing strategies and training programme now so if you can find another firm, try to avoid RW.

1 person found this review helpful

Robert Walters Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I’m glad you valued the training and hands-on recruitment experience you can gain at Robert Walters – we truly believe in equipping our people for successful, long-term careers. However, I’m disappointed to read your comments about staff retention, we believe our turnover rate is lower than the norm in the industry. Our team-based non-commission model, which I understand is unique in the recruitment sector, means that clients and candidates receive the highest quality service from a team of specialists working collaboratively together to get the best outcomes – it also allows us to reward people for all their hard work, not just placements. Nevertheless, I appreciate your feedback, and would be open to getting some more details about your time with us — it would be great if you could email me at monty.sujanani@robertwalters.com.sg and we’ll set up a confidential discussion. Monty Sujanani Country Manager, Robert Walters Singapore

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good

Jul 7, 2021 - Managing Partner in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Alot of drinking parties weekly yummy

Cons

Too many meetings and metrics

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture - bonuses can be better

Jul 13, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very big on client and candidate engagement

Cons

Bonuses not as competitive as other agencies due to different operating model.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company with a conscience

Jun 16, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Country Manager cares about its employees and clients, and doing what is right and creating a good culture and atmosphere

Cons

Turnover rate is quite high so morale can be affected

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good

May 25, 2021 - Business Analyst in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good job opportunity in banking

Cons

Insecurities in assign of projects

Viewing 1 - 10 of 831 Reviews

Robert Walters Reviews FAQs

Robert Walters has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 1,020 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Robert Walters to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Robert Walters employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Robert Walters. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

85% of Robert Walters employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Robert Walters 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Robert Walters Job Seekers