Robert Walters Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 25, 2021

Found 34 of over 939 reviews

4.1
Robert Walters CEO Toby Fowlston
Toby Fowlston
Pros
  • "Robert Walters is truly a great place to launch your career in recruitment(in 89 reviews)

• "Fun working environment & really awesome people(in 56 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Fairly long hours, very kpi driven(in 59 reviews)

• "work-life balance can be challenging(in 34 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Great place to work

Aug 12, 2019 - Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company invests in their people seriously. Managers are great at least the one I'm working with. Not transactional and a very team based working environment. That's the best part as everyone is helping you and vice versa.

Cons

Not any as such. Just needs to be more open to work life balance culture and bring in slightly more mature employees

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Working as a recruiter

Nov 25, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Bangkok
      Business Outlook

Pros

the job is really dynamic. organizational culture is result-oriented and competitive.

Cons

work-life balance can be challenging.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best decision

Oct 22, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, Supportive and fun. Engaging with detailed training

Cons

Competitive atmosphere, high KPIs and work / life balance.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice Place to Work

Oct 26, 2021 - Recruiter in Makati City
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Teammates Excellent Training Ground Generous bonus

Cons

Office politics is very evident Work-life Balance

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun but challenging environment

Sep 30, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Auckland, Auckland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of fun events Great step into the corporate world Amazing colleagues Great training Promotions

Cons

Bonus discretionary and not explained well Management High turnover rate People who were meant to be leaders not necessarily acting like leaders No work life balance

Robert Walters Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I agree with your pros - we invest in our people to help them build long term careers, and we’re proud of the fun and collaborative culture we have. While we understand that our profit-sharing bonus model is unique in our industry, we believe it sets us apart, putting candidates and clients first, and ensuring that we’re able to reward people for the total job they do, not just how much they bill. But I’m disappointed to read your comments about management – I don’t believe they reflect the culture we have worked hard to build, where all our people are given the environment and tools to develop a satisfying and successful career with us. If you’d like to discuss your feedback in more detail, I’d be happy to set up a confidential chat — you can email me at shay.peters@robertwalters.co.nz Shay Peters Managing Director, Robert Walters New Zealand

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great training and great people

Apr 27, 2021 - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The remote onboarding experience is fantastic. The training makes you feel ready to go and the support and welcome from everyone right up to MD level is fantastic from day 1. Everyone is there to work hard and support each other, there's no workplace drama or cliques which you can find in some places. Managers are excellent, colleagues are so warm and ready to help you fit in.

Cons

There aren't really any downsides. When I read reviews prior to joining I was concerned by some stating it was long hours with no balance. If you want to put in extra hours and work that's up to you but it's not something that is encouraged and work/life balance is highly promoted. There's trainings on how to manage time effectively, hard work can be rewarded with an early Friday finish and managers will call you out if they think you're overworking to avoid you burning out.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Stressful and challenging Job

May 14, 2021 - Researcher in Taipei
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have lots of opportunities to contact multiple and diverse candidates

Cons

Loss work-life balance. Often need to work in weekend in order to keep high KPI

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Mar 26, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great corporate culture , good senior management team

Cons

Work life balance can be hard

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful experience - the best team & greatest opportunities to grow

Aug 26, 2020 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is simply no better place to launch a career in recruitment. Robert Walters SF is known on the market for their track record and rigor, with a laser focus on helping tech companies make difficult hires. To do so means producing some of the strongest and most well-rounded professional recruitment consultants in the Bay Area. RW takes a unique approach in hiring individuals with little to no experience in the field and they train you up to be an expert in your specialized function. As an employee who came in with no prior recruitment experience, it was an empowering journey to learn and grow at this company. Consultants at RW are hired for aptitude and potential, and brought into an on-boarding/training program that is best-in-class. You'll quickly learn the ropes of recruitment in a hands-on approach that gives individuals a lot of autonomy, fast. Management and senior staff are there to provide guidance, support, and all the tools you need, but ultimately your success is based on your own effort and drive. Those who are hungry to challenge themselves and develop professionally will thrive here. RW SF provides you the space to take on more responsibility from day one. You'll spend a lot of time upfront on candidate sourcing but will quickly take on a consultative approach with candidates and clients, responsible for everything that happens on your desk; from business development, contract and offer negotiation, to advising on interview processes or career moves. I was amazed how quickly I learned the market and felt confident having difficult conversations to wrangle even the most impressive and tenured candidates/clients - it's an incredible opportunity to build professional confidence in this way, especially so early in your career. You will be given clear metrics for what "success" looks like, as well as clear promotional targets. RW SF commits to "continued learning" in the form of offsite trainings for consultants at different stages in their career, management coaching, and collaboration with (and opportunities to visit!) other US or international offices. Last, but certainly not least - this is not just a job, and not just a career. This was a place I learned from some of the best mentors in the business and made some of the best friends in my life. The team that RW SF has built is the best you can find. Caring, collaborative, smart, fun, and driven… there is always someone to learn from and someone to lean on. All said and done, the people and team are what make RW SF what it is. Other pros: -Generous salary & additional incentives for success -Benefits: PTO/holidays; health; dental; increased emphasis on mental wellness; 401k match; commuter benefits, etc. -Flexible WFH arrangements (esp. since COVID, understandably) -Great office location (convenient and super nice space with gym access!) -International presence & ability to travel/transfer internationally -Training programs & continued education -Events: weekly team Happy Hour; quarterly celebration; annual Christmas party; etc.

Cons

You will experience times when the job can feel repetitive or in a "rut". Recruitment is cyclical so this is something that ebbs and flows. You'll always be busy and always feeling that there is something more that can be done - it's not a con, but it's important for consultants to understand the drive needed, and to find the work/life balance that works for them. Early on, KPIs and metrics are used to get consultants up to speed and on track for what a successful recruitment process looks like. This can be over-drilled on at times and is not for everyone, but ultimately I found this structure to be a benefit most of the time, and could be relaxed a bit at others. A few people have mentioned the technology. This has actually improved a lot as the leadership team listened to this feedback and have overhauled on that over the past 2-3 years. It's continuing to be improved upon, and a non-issue in my book.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Hard work but enjoyable

Aug 26, 2020 - Recruitment Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work environment Relatively good pay

Cons

Lack of work life balance Benefits Lack of job security Cliquey

Robert Walters Response

Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate that your review is generally positive, but I’m obviously concerned about some of the cons you raised. We’ve been working hard over the past few years to improve work/life balance, and have invested in building a first-rate benefits offer, like the introduction of of our flexible benefits programme, Choices. If you’d like, I’d be happy to set up a confidential conversation so that I can get a few more details from you—you can email me at sam.walters@robertwalters.com to set something up. Thanks, Sam Walters Director, Robert Walters London

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews