Roche Reviews

4.3
Roche CEO Roche Group Severin Schwan
Severin Schwan
1,607 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good benefits, thanks care of their employees(in 168 reviews)

• "Great benefits and working environment(in 145 reviews)

• Cons
  • "needs more strategic direction from senior management(in 47 reviews)

• "Constant change in Upper Management(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

People-centric workplace with many opportunities for professional advancement

Aug 22, 2021 - Regional Head of Commercial IT
      Business Outlook

Pros

People-centric company, career movements are encouraged and supported by the leaders, employees are welcoming and supportive, very positive working environment.

Cons

None that I can think of

Global Recruitment

We’re happy to hear that you love your job at Roche! Roche is continuously striving to offer employees a variety of possibilities for development, e.g. insights into other areas of work or internal training. All employees have the possibility to make use of the offers and develop their skills. In addition there are regular check-ins with leaders to discuss your goals and needs. We encourage you to profit from these offers. Thanks for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

2. 5.0

Good company

Aug 2, 2021 - Biotechnologist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment Motivated individuals Good welfare Good benefits

Cons

Working shift work can be tiring

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Aug 2, 2021 - Commercial Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Combined strength in Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics, market leader in oncology. Roche provides a work environment that supports people in their development, deep sense of purpose and empowerment.

Cons

Not for those who look for titles and positions as Roche trumps the concept of hierarchy.

4. 4.0

worklife

Jul 26, 2021 - Biotechnologist in Tuas,
      Business Outlook

Pros

awesome place to work, wonderful people.

Cons

management roles priorities side tasks than main tasks

Global Recruitment

We appreciate your thoughtful comments. Every employee deserves great leaders. We expect all of Roche's leaders to inspire and motivate employees in their team and support them by offering opportunities to continually discover, learn, develop and excel. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

5. 4.0

None

Jul 14, 2021 - Human Resources Advisor in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company with clear direction

Cons

Lousy management for change management

Global Recruitment

Thanks for your feedback and input. We are working hard to ensure our employees are inspired and engaged to do their best work so that we can bring medicines and diagnostic solutions to patients faster. Our leaders are prepared for their role through training. In line with our values ​​and our seven leadership commitments as guidelines, we expect them to continually make use of the education and training programmes specifically tailored to their needs. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work

Jun 29, 2021 - Senior QA Specialist in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support from management and peers

Cons

Process are not lean and process not aligned across sites.

Global Recruitment

Thanks for taking time to share your view. Our market is highly regulated. This is why we have to stick to certain processes. We are continually striving to keep our processes as lean as possible. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future.

7. 4.0

Company with good benefits

Jun 15, 2021 - Senior Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company with good benefits and supportive colleagues

Cons

Location of office at Tuas biomedical park which is not easily accessible via public transport

1 person found this review helpful

Global Recruitment

We appreciate your thoughtful comments. Employees receive benefits in line with what they contribute, how they contribute and the influence they have on the company and thus on clients and patients. This is based on a good relationship between employees and leaders with a focus on valuable contributions. For leaders the leadership commitments are an integral part of their contribution. Next to the achievment of their yearly goals, leaders are rated on how they live the Roche values, apply core competencies and fulfill the Leadership Commitments. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good place to work but under transformation

Jun 16, 2021 - Medical Affairs
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative colleagues, good employee benefits

Cons

Transformation effort is drastic but not very well-managed. Salary less competitive

9. 4.0

Great culture

Jun 10, 2021 - Regional Leader in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life super balance. Great culture of working, great benefits.

Cons

Organization structure still traditional, and many employees are there for decades.

Global Recruitment

We appreciate your thoughtful comments. Roche offers a flexible work environment to make it easier for employees to balance their work and personal obligations and needs, where possible. In addition we offer a large variety of services and tools for employees' health and well-being, such as medical services, access to sports, resilience training, counseling etc. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

10. 4.0

Great place to work

Jun 10, 2021 - AM - Accounts & Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

No office politics and friendly environment

Cons

No defined set of job responsibilities

Global Recruitment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We are working hard to ensure our employees are inspired and engaged to do their best work so that we can bring medicines and diagnostic solutions to patients faster. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.