S&P Global Employee Reviews about "s amp p"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 98 of over 4,303 reviews

4.1
S&P Global President & CEO Douglas L. Peterson
Douglas L. Peterson
Pros
  • "A healthy work-life balance is encouraged(in 710 reviews)

• "Company has a good growth potential and very good work environment(in 239 reviews)

• Cons
  • "s amp p(in 102 reviews)

• "Senior management seems to be unsure which direction to take the firm(in 96 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "s amp p"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

If you get a Call from S&P, reject unless you are desperate

Nov 13, 2018 - Lead in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

- If U only want a career in this and dont intend to go anywhere else. - Lifers here who stay for more than 10+ years. Y? Because S&P Global pays you a generous reward if you stay until then - If you are the eye of the apple, you can raise fast

Cons

- Political environment and culture. If no1 likes you, you better start saying your prayers - Managers look after managers and throw you under the bus, just to stay secure in their jobs - Those who are there long, per the above pros. but inherently everyone is unmotivated by the sudden shift into how political S&P Global has become

9 people found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Associate Director-Sales

Mar 12, 2016 - Associate Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Relaxed work culture -If you're meeting or exceeding your number you can make your schedule more flexible -S&P brand recognition is very high -Great place to start your career and be exposed to various industries within Finance (Buy-Side, Sell-Side, etc.) -Ability to re-locate to new offices is very high, I've seen many people move around the world. Ability to move intra-company is good too.

Cons

-Politics determine how quickly you will be promoted and what you get paid, this is the same with many other companies too -Training for non-junior staff is very scarce and weak. The company can train you on the products sold, but rarely do they train you on soft skills which move the needle with real life situations -I've seen many new people join and rarely does anyone give them context around our organization, where we are strong/weak, and why people buy our services. It's very much "here you go, figure it out" kind of set-up for NON-junior staff -Pay is lower than Moody's Investors services -Relationship with S&P Ratings is luke warm, no deep collaboration between us and them

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jan 20, 2021 - Data Researcher in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benifits, salary and worklife balance are good

Cons

Nothing to say anything about s&p global

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working as Data Researcher

Nov 21, 2020 - Data Researcher I in Ahmedabad
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance Good work culture

Cons

No downsides working at s&p global

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Oct 7, 2020 - Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership, Good culture and great brand, lots of opportunities to try different roles and move around, many of the NYC roles allow you to WFH at least occasionally

Cons

during the years I was at S&P there were so many reorgs you couldn't keep track. I had 6 bosses in 4 years. After I left, a bunch of the guys they built the reorg around then left. Crazy. But the work itself was engaging and the people are great.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor on DEI effort/ Not a safe place for POC employees

Sep 11, 2020 - Senior Product Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and Work/Life Balance are highlights

Cons

Bad Management I left my job earlier than intended , just shy of a year, because of the unsafe work environment that persisted at S&P. My manager repeatedly called me a "Diversity Hire" and made several other racist and inappropriate comments about myself and other colleagues. Her manager was aware of her behavior and defended it as a misconception on my part. After confronting her about her behavior, her attitude and demeanor towards me worsened and she began retaliating. So I left and reported her to HR with documented proof of her statements and several time stamped examples. I was told by HR that this was unacceptable and that they would handle it immediately. To date, she is still employed at S&P. Let this be a warning sign to those interested in working at S&P.

S&P Global Response

Talent Marketing Specialist

We take diversity and inclusion very seriously, and we take measures to address conduct that is contrary to our policies and values. Sometimes those measures involve termination, and sometimes they involve coaching and accountability for development. We are sorry that you had a negative experience at S&P Global. We wish you the best and welcome you to consider us in the future.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Does a lot for its People

Aug 6, 2020 - Applications Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best in class work culture!

Cons

Pay is on the lower side in this division of S&P Global.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to Work

Jun 30, 2020 - Data Scientist in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee Friendly, Great colleagues to work with, New Technology, Female Friendly

Cons

There are no cons in working with S&P

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company culture, but execution of strategy needs improvement.

Jun 25, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture within SPGMI is great. The company’s benefits are second to none, and their response to the CoViD-19 pandemic was spot on. Company executives genuinely cared for the wellbeing of their personnel. New employees will find that their colleagues are all friendly and willing to help. For those who join the Commercial side of the company, there is a comprehensive training program that ensures familiarity with the company’s products. There is always work to be done, so one is never bored.

Cons

The downside to the robust benefits package is below-market salary. If you’re not in upper management, you will make more money elsewhere. The starting salary for new hires who aren’t in managerial positions in laughable, and even those join in highly technical roles are well underpaid. S&P is a big company that tries to mimic the operating practices of an agile startup. Over the years this has created a bureaucratic mess, in which communication and execution suffer. Classic case of “too many cooks in the kitchen”. Turnover is high within certain teams. The combination of low pay, unclear strategy, and never ending projects can make for a stressful working environment. As the name implies, S&P is a global company. Much of the technical and support related work is outsourced, which presents its own set of challenges.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Just a Name

May 2, 2020 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Get to see the management and learn from them - A couple of senior analysts are nice and willing to share knowledge but usually that is not the case. Mostly because of the culture, and the fact that senior MM don't support those initiatives. - Get in and out it is a good name.

Cons

- They want horse to run without giving hays. When I was at the most junior level earning less than 60K, on the first week, I was scolded (literally) for making a mistake on the model. On the first day I joined, 1 hour after I came to the office (an orientation), I was dragged to a work allocation meeting (they call it team meeting), given names and stuff to work on. They didn't give me a break. As if I am born with S&P rating methodology and criteria. - Very unreasonable reporting structure. Your review&bonus is based on your MD, who never works for you and just listen to other's (your work flow manager & team) feed back. And if your work flow manager cares for people's growth he will mention the good stuff frequently. And MD just copy paste and reword into your annual review, and those ones he can't comprehend. And he promotes the people he like the most, because he only sees a tip of iceberg. - Favouritism. When i asked about OT pay, i was told by my MD to discuss first then he can give me back some of the days; my colleague at the same level as me (also new hire) was allowed to get $ - They don't want to spend money on the system or IT infrastructures and it is a disaster. Imagine your laptop get stuck at least 10 times a day, not counting all those restart and waiting time. The MM has promised to improve since I joined but never get things done. - Pay is abysmal. They have a slogan "change the pay" and I just laugh it awat.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 Reviews